Arsenal 2021/22 | PLEASE LOCK (SERIOUSLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The way things are going you should start setting your sights on 4th.
They have had a relatively easy start to the season. Expecting 4th with harder games to come, is setting yourself up for disappointment and unnecessary angst at the manager/club.

I think a Europa place is a good target for this season, next season a more solid assault for a top 4 place can be due.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
They have had a relatively easy start to the season. Expecting 4th with harder games to come, is setting yourself up for disappointment and unnecessary angst at the manager/club.

I think a Europa place is a good target for this season, next season a more solid assault for a top 4 place can be due.
I actually don't rate Arteta at all, but agree with you, our target should be the lesser european spot with a cl spot coming as a welcome surprise. Only negative thing is it kinda lets Arteta off the hook to a certain extent.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

I have no idea what easy start you are talking about when i looked at the first 4 games of the season.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal

Eh? We're 1/3 of the way into the season, how can one side have had a particularly good or bad start of the season by this point. Yes, they'll be one or two teams who now have 5 tough games in a row maybe, but our next 5 are: United, Everton, Southampton, West Ham and Leeds. We're favourites for all those bar United tonight.

So our season so far has been as equal as most other sides.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I have no idea what easy start you are talking about when i looked at the first 4 games of the season.
Was thinking that myself. Only 2 teams we won't have played in the top 10 after tonight are West Ham & Wolves. :confused:

adexkola

Supports
I mean you've played City and Liverpool and Chelsea but otherwise, looked like you guys played against bottom feeders for the most part.

I'm sure a strength of schedule tool would help answer this question.

adexkola

Supports
Eh? We're 1/3 of the way into the season, how can one side have had a particularly good or bad start of the season by this point. Yes, they'll be one or two teams who now have 5 tough games in a row maybe, but our next 5 are: United, Everton, Southampton, West Ham and Leeds. We're favourites for all those bar United tonight.

So our season so far has been as equal as most other sides.
Eh? It's very possible.

But sheesh, if you think 4th place is an accurate representation of your performance over the course of the season then have at it.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Eh? It's very possible.

But sheesh, if you think 4th place is an accurate representation of your performance over the course of the season then have at it.
Is that what I said?

My reply was in response to the person who said we've had easy fixtures. We've had as balanced fixtures as anyone else in the league.

I think we deserve to be 5th or 6th yes though. The first 3 games killed us, especially as we had a lot of injuries and no new signings really. Since then we've definitely not been completely convincing but defended relatively well. I think we still are quite poor at attacking though.

Santos J

That decent run of form against some shit teams gave them and Arteta a slight reputation buff but they're very shit.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Who are the new twats on AFTV?

Posh Harry potter, James corden with a beard, a stretched out troopz with even less personality, and some lass who just agrees with everything.

TheReligion

Abusive
Deservedly got nothing tonight after that unsportsmanlike first goal and school yard celebration.

Classic arsenal. Fecking losers.

Ludens the Red

Weird team, there were bits today where they looked real quality and then an absolute mess in other bits.
They need to stop shunting smith Rowe wide. Benefitted us hugely. I’m not sure what a Nuno Tavarez is but it’s not very good.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Their players are as embarrassing as their supporters, imagine celebrating that ESR goal like that

Christ they're cringey beyond belief

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Weird team, there were bits today where they looked real quality and then an absolute mess in other bits.
They need to stop shunting smith Rowe wide. Benefitted us hugely. I’m not sure what a Nuno Tavarez is but it’s not very good.
He reminded me of AWB a few times with his stance with the ball.

They actually had some good play a few times but overall don't create enough chances.

AshRK

No European football, United , Spurs and Leicester having a turmoil. Any decent manager would take them to 4th spot but with arteta 6th will be looked as an amazing result.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
No European football, United , Spurs and Leicester having a turmoil. Any decent manager would take them to 4th spot but with arteta 6th will be looked as an amazing result.
Which managers do you think could finish 4th?

I'm not a fan of Arteta but I'm curious as to which "decent" manager would finish 4th with our squad.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
We have been sh1t but so have our rivals for 4th place. As is always the case with these 4th place battles the least sh1t team will take it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I still don’t see whatever potential there is in Odegaard. Seems slow. Aubameyang seems finished too. Smith Rowe looks a talent though, think he will go far in the game

GlasgowCeltic

Saka feels like a player City will eventually sign just to have, and he's 90% of the reason to watch Arsenal

AshRK

Which managers do you think could finish 4th?

I'm not a fan of Arteta but I'm curious as to which "decent" manager would finish 4th with our squad.
There are many better managers than Arteta that could do a better job than what he is doing. Conte would have definitely taken you to a 4th spot this season.

Irwin99

Probably an unpopular opinion but the team Arteta has built does have some potential and some good young players in it. If they can keep those players even if/when Arteta is sacked and if they can build on what they have then the future might not be so grim as their past few seasons have been.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think not enough gets spoken about the amount they've spent compared to what they have. Arteta is essentially a discount Van Gaal, he plays really boring football, they don't have much attacking threat, he's spent a feck ton and really doesn't look good (but insists it's part of the process).... different to Van gaal is at least Van Gaal was a good coach and knew how to control big games, Arteta just gets slapped in them.

Its quite similar though in that all that money spent and their main players long term are youth players like Saka, ESR and Martinelli. Literally the same as our shit period when we kept spending big money but our main players still remained the same players we had for ages.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
So they played alright for two months, get to joint 4th and now lose two winnable away games when leading.

Yeah sounds about right. 6th at best you suspect.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm not sure why anyone thought they were anything other than garbage. A look at any underlying stats was always saying they are nothing more than a mid table team with Arteta. Garbage manager.

Cpt Negative

So they played alright for two months, get to joint 4th and now lose two winnable away games when leading.

I don’t think they played alright at all. They had a run of fixtures that favoured them and ground a lot results out.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We are one of the worst teams in the league, bottom of the form table and they lost against us. :lol: :lol: Beautiful.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I don’t think they played alright at all. They had a run of fixtures that favoured them and ground a lot results out.
They did demolish Spurs and had a good win at Leicester although neither were much good at the time. Just same old with them, get close to establishing themselves in top 4 and just start losing again and you'd certainly fancy Man. United and a Conte led Spurs to finish above them. Could Arteta survive yet another season without CL especially when they have no europe commitments.

Guy Incognito

Surely that's inexcusable given the money they've spent and the fact they only play once a week?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surely that's inexcusable given the money they've spent and the fact they only play once a week?
They aren't good enough to finish above the current Spurs and Man. United now you appear to have someone who has clue how to get team playing 21st century football so yeah that's 6th at best. Pretty bad for them if they finish below West Ham again.

Status
Not open for further replies.