Arsenal 2021/22 | PLEASE LOCK (SERIOUSLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Silly to think many Arsenal (who finished way off the pace for the last 5 seasons) players would get into the United squad. If we get Varane I don’t think any of your defenders will get in over Shaw, Maguire, Varane and AWB. Pepe and Saka over Rashford and Sancho? Get out of here. Aboomerang and Lackofthreat over Cavani and Greenwood? You’re having a laugh!!
In the last five seasons Arsenal have won and gotten to more cup finals than United. It's only these past two campaign's under Arteta we've fallen off the pace as top four contenders. So stick to facts.

Varane hasn't signed for United yet and Arsenal had the third best defensive record last season despite our manager. Ultimately it's subjective. Our opinions will inevitably differ alot on here. MY combined XI of both squads would be:

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

I could put in Maguire for Holding but I genuinely believe the latter is a better defender, but isn't appreciated by the English media. Could also add Pepe, Rashford, Aubamayang or Lacazette in attack too. There's even an argument for Smith-Rowe given how he turned Arsenal's season last year but you can't dismiss a player like Fernandes. I feel overall that above team is fair based on what I've seen from each player in terms of consistent performances.

The main difference is the coaching. United have a manager who excels in man management with 11 years experience in the role that underpins his acumen. Arteta has won more, but is sadly one of the worse managers I've ever seen in 30 years of watching football.

Idxomer

Tierney wouldn't start over shaw, I would take him though as a cover and for flexibility if 3-5-2 is needed.

That defensive partnership is also a joke.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
In the last five seasons Arsenal have won and gotten to more cup finals than United. It's only these past two campaign's under Arteta we've fallen off the pace as top four contenders. So stick to facts.

Varane hasn't signed for United yet and Arsenal had the third best defensive record last season despite our manager. Ultimately it's subjective. Our opinions will inevitably differ alot on here. MY combined XI of both squads would be:

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

I could put in Maguire for Holding but I genuinely believe the latter is a better defender, but isn't appreciated by the English media. Could also add Pepe, Rashford, Aubamayang or Lacazette in attack too. There's even an argument for Smith-Rowe given how he turned Arsenal's season last year but you can't dismiss a player like Fernandes. I feel overall that above team is fair based on what I've seen from each player in terms of consistent performances.

The main difference is the coaching. United have a manager who excels in man management with 11 years experience in the role that underpins his acumen. Arteta has won more, but is sadly one of the worse managers I've ever seen in 30 years of watching football.
Are you joking ? Holding, Mari, Tierney above Maguire,Lindelof (yes, him), Shaw ?

Partey ? Have seen nothing except hype from Arsenal fans from him.

I would take on Saka from you guys. But now we have Sancho , so I won't even know if that would work. If Cavani wasn't signed, I would take Auba yes well.

Cup finals :lol: is it now the new trophy?

mu4c_20le

That's it then, Arsenal have become a cup team, and their fans will be talking about those cup finals till their last dying breath.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

Spectacular post :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Shaw and Maguire have come off the back of two very good individual seasons, with the later being voted into the Euro 2020 team of the tournament but yeah Holding is better because he's not appreciated by the English media. F*ckin hell.

RedDevilRoshi

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

There is no way Tierney starts ahead of Shaw. I like Tierney but there is no way he is better than Shaw.

As for Holding & Mari ahead of Maguire, you’ve surely got to be having a laugh or just winding us up!! :lol::lol:

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think Tierney, Partey could get into this United side. Shaw has done a great job coming back and maybe could play as the LCB with Tierney LWB. Otherwse they're pretty equal.
Partey hasn't been amazing in his first season but he could be a good partner to Pogba.
Saka would be get on United bench, same as Aubameyang with the right service. The rest is gash and one of the reasons we were never realistically challenging for Top 4.

Anyway, Ben White should be announced midweek and Xhaka to Roma seems to finally be done. I'd be shocked if Lokonga was his straight replacement. He did okay yesterday against Millwall looking for forward passes every time but slowed the game way too much while doing so... He will never have this much time on the ball in an actual PL match.

Still no AM, questions mark about the GK and RB situation. We're going to end up in a last minute spending spree when most of our targets took no part in the Euros or the Copa...:boring:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Tierney and Shaw are in no way "equal", except in some truly deluded minds. As for the Maguire part... Wow.

The past couple of pages is why I'll never feel sorry for Arsenal fans, however shit their club becomes. Truly some of the worst, deluded fans out there.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

Is that you Ty?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Wouldnt pick any of the Arsenal CBs and anyone who would is clearly trolling

Jezpeza

Wouldnt pick any of the Arsenal CBs and anyone who would is clearly trolling
Or any other position to be honest. Tierney not a patch on Shaw. Who else do they have thats even worth mentioning. You dont get other midtable teams fans like southampton saying how most of their 11 is better than ours. Its weird. Wouldnt say anyone bar Saka gets near our starting 11

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

Come on now. I stopped reading when I saw Holding over Maguire. How can you respond to my post with this? :D was a little bored watching the Olympics but this has cheered me right up. Thank you pal.
You’ll be lucky to finish 5th next season.

Jezpeza

Come on now. I stopped reading when I saw Holding over Maguire. How can you respond to my post with this? :D was a little bored watching the Olympics but this has cheered me right up. Thank you pal.
i dont think arsenal fans realise they have become so smalltime that aston villa are putting in serious bids for their best players

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

Mari :lol::lol:

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

Also Mo, Tierney is not even the best left back in Scotland let alone better than Luke Shaw

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Also Mo, Tierney is not even the best left back in Scotland let alone better than Luke Shaw
Tierney and Shaw are pretty close ability wise. Shaw makes the cut because he's fitter I guess. But its silly to go for player for player comparisons, Utd have clearly got the better squad and barring any collapse should be finishing comfortably above Arsenal.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's always worth reminding that it's not just the AFTV lot who are fecking idiots when it comes to the Arsenal fan base

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Tierney and Shaw are pretty close ability wise. Shaw makes the cut because he's fitter I guess. But its silly to go for player for player comparisons, Utd have clearly got the better squad and barring any collapse should be finishing comfortably above Arsenal.
No one cares about the ability if you can't show it on the pitch. Shaw is miles ahead of Tierney now.
Shaw always had the ability but was never consistent. No one called him world beater until he showed that on the pitch.

meamth

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

How the feck Holding is better than Maguire? or even Bailly?

Mari? Never heard of him. Leno is better than DDG and Hendo? Wow.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
To be fair, on paper he might be right, or not far off it. However, we all know the game isn't played on paper.
I agree with what you are saying but only about Man United have the most expensive PL players at certain positions. I have heard the FM fantasy before based on 5 or 6 players. That is just not how a team sport goes. Teams must play as a unit. The unit must be better than the individuals. I will take Chelsea midfield, defense, and squad depth over United every day of the year. I am not an Ole out person, I hope he is here for a very long time. A really strong manager might get better performances out of the non marque signings at Man Utd, similar to Lampard being replaced by Tuchel. On a similar note, Tuchel was just voted Germany Manager of the Year. Paper thin squad depth never works.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Arsenals last Champions League match was 2017. Arsenal haven’t finished in the top four since the 2015/2016 season.

PaulScholes99

Holding > Maguire is really funny, but Mari over Maguire is the best thing i read in this forum this year.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think some are being a little harsh. The poster in question is always going to have a bias to their own players.

My eleven wouldn’t have an Arsenal player in it, but we have no keeper who is excelling at present and I would certainly not argue with someone putting in Mari over Lindelof. I think he is a very good player when he is fit. Holding is a mid table CB though.

Although some of their players wouldn’t make a United 11, Tierney isn’t a big drop off from Shaw, a fit Partey is a great option, Saka will be competing with the very best in a few years and Aubameyang certainly wouldn’t be a bad option as a proper striker.

That’s not even to mention their young players like Smith-Rowe, Willock, Martinelli and Balogun.

They are definitely a better side than what Arteta has gotten out of them so far, but the top 4 are definitely ahead on quality.

I think they would need three top quality players to bridge that gap.

CM10

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

What on earth

meamth

I think some are being a little harsh. The poster in question is always going to have a bias to their own players.

My eleven wouldn’t have an Arsenal player in it, but we have no keeper who is excelling at present and I would certainly not argue with someone putting in Mari over Lindelof. I think he is a very good player when he is fit. Holding is a mid table CB though.

Although some of their players wouldn’t make a United 11, Tierney isn’t a big drop off from Shaw, a fit Partey is a great option, Saka will be competing with the very best in a few years and Aubameyang certainly wouldn’t be a bad option as a proper striker.

That’s not even to mention their young players like Smith-Rowe, Willock, Martinelli and Balogun.

They are definitely a better side than what Arteta has gotten out of them so far, but the top 4 are definitely ahead on quality.

I think they would need three top quality players to bridge that gap.
Mari came from Flamengo. Only played a handful of games in PL, 12 appearances, how can you deduce he will be at the level of Lindelof?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

:lol: I’ve had a long afternoon in this shitty weather. I needed this.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Mari came from Flamengo. Only played a handful of games in PL, 12 appearances, how can you deduce he will be at the level of Lindelof?
I am not saying he is widely better, merely that I would accept a team with that change. Like I said, I personally wouldn’t choose him over Lindelof, but I like him from what I have seen.

I live in Brazil and have a number of Flamengo supporting friends who also rated him. I liked what I did see of him here too.

I just think it would be an acceptable difference of opinion.

Jezpeza

If you want some scope my mates a Birmingham city fan Apparently they were in the running to sign Mari but he opted to go to Flamengo. Was a very odd arsenal signing

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Did you even bother to read my post or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

I stated my reasoning for opting for Holding above Maguire. Why not respond to this?

With Arteta, 5th would be a miracle for Arsenal. We'd be lucky to finish 9th given how sides like Villa and Leeds are bolstering.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Did you even bother to read my post or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

I stated my reasoning for opting for Holding above Maguire. Why not respond to this?

With Arteta, 5th would be a miracle for Arsenal. We'd be lucky to finish 9th given how sides like Villa and Leeds are bolstering.
What are you on about reasoning? You’re reasoning is that you FEEL Holding is better than Maguire and is not appreciated in England? :D

Where is the reasoning in that? Holding is absolutely rubbish and your comparing him to someone who’s just had an amazing season and done very well in the Euros? Joker!!

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
No one cares about the ability if you can't show it on the pitch. Shaw is miles ahead of Tierney now.
Shaw always had the ability but was never consistent. No one called him world beater until he showed that on the pitch.
Tierney has shown what he can do on the pitch, he's not on the pitch for longer periods of time than Shaw because of injuries. But when he's there he's a game changer. I wouldn't say he's better than Shaw, because I rate Shaw very highly. But there's hardly anything between them. I think you haven't seen too much of Tierney, which is understandable seing as you're a Utd fan.

edcunited1878

Silly to think many Arsenal (who finished way off the pace for the last 5 seasons) players would get into the United squad. If we get Varane I don’t think any of your defenders will get in over Shaw, Maguire, Varane and AWB. Pepe and Saka over Rashford and Sancho? Get out of here. Aboomerang and Lackofthreat over Cavani and Greenwood? You’re having a laugh!!
Lackofthreat....amazing! :lol::lol::lol:

tomaldinho1

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

Holding!!

Status
Not open for further replies.