Arsenal 2021/22 | PLEASE LOCK (SERIOUSLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

Tierney has shown what he can do on the pitch, he's not on the pitch for longer periods of time than Shaw because of injuries. But when he's there he's a game changer. I wouldn't say he's better than Shaw, because I rate Shaw very highly. But there's hardly anything between them. I think you haven't seen too much of Tierney, which is understandable seing as you're a Utd fan.
Shaw has the mentality and experience being out of the team and working his way back in and now a top LB. Shawberto is immense. Tierney is good quality, but still has to improve and put in performances like Shaw many times over.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
In the last five seasons Arsenal have won and gotten to more cup finals than United. It's only these past two campaign's under Arteta we've fallen off the pace as top four contenders. So stick to facts.

Varane hasn't signed for United yet and Arsenal had the third best defensive record last season despite our manager. Ultimately it's subjective. Our opinions will inevitably differ alot on here. MY combined XI of both squads would be:

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

I could put in Maguire for Holding but I genuinely believe the latter is a better defender, but isn't appreciated by the English media. Could also add Pepe, Rashford, Aubamayang or Lacazette in attack too. There's even an argument for Smith-Rowe given how he turned Arsenal's season last year but you can't dismiss a player like Fernandes. I feel overall that above team is fair based on what I've seen from each player in terms of consistent performances.

The main difference is the coaching. United have a manager who excels in man management with 11 years experience in the role that underpins his acumen. Arteta has won more, but is sadly one of the worse managers I've ever seen in 30 years of watching football.
Exactly why Gooners are always seen as some of the most deluded in England. They still think they're a big club. Only Saka would possibly get in the United team at the moment.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
An interesting thing I read today in internet- last time Arsenal played in CL , their current manager played against their current captain.

Arsenal fans, can you confirm:lol:

Last edited:

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
An interesting thing I read today in internet- last time Arsenal played in CL , their current manager played against their current captain.

Arsenal fans, can you confirm:lol:
Arteta retired at the end of the 15/16 season. Our last appearance in the Champions League was 16/17 when Munich annihilated us.

SinNombre

Who are Arsenal's rivals these days? Villa? Leeds?

It is not even evident to me that Arsenal's first xi is better than Villa.

Leno < Emi
Holding < Mings
Mari < Konsa
Tierney > Targett
Soares > Cash
Partey > Luiz
Torreira/Willock/? < McGinn
ESR == Buendia
Saka > El Ghazi
Pepe < Grealish
Auba > Watkins

Looks like a tie to me for the first xi. Arsenal have better squad depth obviously. Maybe with Ben White, one of those CBs becomes a tie so slightly in favor of Arsenal for the first xi.

Fooza

Promote MO, he's wasted in the newbs. We have too many sensible arsenal fans on here, it's about time that changes.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
In the last five seasons Arsenal have won and gotten to more cup finals than United. It's only these past two campaign's under Arteta we've fallen off the pace as top four contenders. So stick to facts.

Varane hasn't signed for United yet and Arsenal had the third best defensive record last season despite our manager. Ultimately it's subjective. Our opinions will inevitably differ alot on here. MY combined XI of both squads would be:

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

I could put in Maguire for Holding but I genuinely believe the latter is a better defender, but isn't appreciated by the English media. Could also add Pepe, Rashford, Aubamayang or Lacazette in attack too. There's even an argument for Smith-Rowe given how he turned Arsenal's season last year but you can't dismiss a player like Fernandes. I feel overall that above team is fair based on what I've seen from each player in terms of consistent performances.

The main difference is the coaching. United have a manager who excels in man management with 11 years experience in the role that underpins his acumen. Arteta has won more, but is sadly one of the worse managers I've ever seen in 30 years of watching football.
If your centre backs are so great then why are you signing White?

AFC NimbleThumb

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

This post is everything I can’t stand about Arsenal fans. That combined 11 is shambolic.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Who are Arsenal's rivals these days? Villa? Leeds?
If you put Villa as our rivals, why not Chelsea too?
We were 6 points behind 4th place Chelsea and 6 points ahead of Villa. The goal difference is even closer to Chelsea than to Villa. And this depite a relegation worth first half of the season.

At least Arteta is under huge pressure from the start of the season. He had months to plan his "new" squad, is getting the player he wants and only can concentrate on the PL. Top 4 is unrealistic, because all Top 4 Clubs are more title contenders than contenders for the CL-Quali.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

I know we all have our biases but this is ridiculous. Thanks for this mate. Really helped my monday morning blues over here.. Needed that.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

Told you guys that Arsenal fans have overtaken Liverpool fans when it comes to delusion. This sort of stuff is common from Arsenal fans I know :lol: I'm just surprised there's so many United players in the team.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Also Mo, Tierney is not even the best left back in Scotland let alone better than Luke Shaw
Shaw has only consistently performed in the last season. Whereas Tierney despite the injuries has been great for three campaign's
at Arsenal and Celtic.

Yes Robertson has been a key contributor to big European and domestic with Liverpool so is ahead of Tierney currently.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
MY combined XI of both squads would be:

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani
I don't watch a lot of PL outside of Utd, but what happened to Bellerin? Did he regress so much he can't make it ahead of AWB in the line up?

There's been a lot said about Maguire & Shaw, so I'm not gonna bother.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I don't watch a lot of PL outside of Utd, but what happened to Bellerin? Did he regress so much he can't make it ahead of AWB in the line up?

Unfortunately yeah, he has seemed to lose some of his main asset since his ACL injury & that's a yard of pace.

I also think (like a lot of the team to be fair) in bigger games he looks a bit mentally scared. Seeing him vs Man City & Liverpool he was struggling to do the basics, kept losing the ball, especially when trying to play out from the back.

Like Xhaka it seems he's ready to move so this summer is a good time for both parties. Just hope Roma & Inter cough up a bit, it's like drawing teeth dealing with a Serie A Club at times.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I think looking at it from a biased Arsenal fans point of view, you might think something more like this.

Leno
AWB Maguire Gabriel Shaw / Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani / Aubameyang

I think a Man Utd fans point of view it could look more like this currently, that look about right....??

Henderson
AWB Maguire Lindelof Shaw
Partey Pogba
Sancho Bruno Rashford
Cavani

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
[
What are you on about reasoning? You’re reasoning is that you FEEL Holding is better than Maguire and is not appreciated in England? :D

Where is the reasoning in that? Holding is absolutely rubbish and your comparing him to someone who’s just had an amazing season and done very well in the Euros? Joker!!
If you could actually read, you'll see I named players who that could be swapped in that team I made; including Maguire for Holding. I said Holding is the better 'defender' who has good leadership skills and is clearly underrated in this country. Maguire's definitely better on the ball and scoring from set plays who also has good leadership.

I just think Holding makes less mistakes and plays under a worse manager. So on balance, I'd opt for him.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
[

If you could actually, you'll see I named players who that could be swapped in that team I made; including Maguire for Holding. I said Holding is the better 'defender' who has good leadership skills and is clearly underrated in this country. Maguire's definitely better on the ball and scoring from set plays who also has good leadership.

I just think Holding makes less mistakes and plays under a worse manager. So on balance, I'd opt for him.
See, that's the issue. You expect people engaging with your reasoning, when it's quite obviously nonsense.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Strange thing is, he missed out the centre back that's probably the best out of the 3 we have currently.
Gabriel's talented and could surely become a star in the future. But he featured regularly in our bad run last season. We looked much more solid with the Holding and Mari partnership.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
See, that's the issue. You expect people engaging with your reasoning, when it's quite obviously nonsense.
Well your proving me right then b

Bellerin has stagnated badly since his injury three years ago. Right now, I'd pick Chambers, Maitland-Niles and Cedric ahead of him.

Nice fella but think it's time to part ways. Despite his lack of pace I feel Chambers is very capable if he manages to stay fit.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Told you guys that Arsenal fans have overtaken Liverpool fans when it comes to delusion. This sort of stuff is common from Arsenal fans I know :lol: I'm just surprised there's so many United players in the team.
But Liverpool and Arsenal actually have won cups lately. What have United won in six seasons? :lol:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I think looking at it from a biased Arsenal fans point of view, you might think something more like this.

Leno
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani / Aubameyang

I think a Man Utd fans point of view it could look more like this currently, that look about right....??

Henderson
Partey Pogba
Sancho Bruno Rashford
Cavani
From a neutral point of view the second team that you just typed is probably right.

Arsenal fans keep choosing Sake over Rashford, but he isn't even better than Greenwood never mind Rashford.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
But Liverpool and Arsenal actually have won cups lately. What have United won in six seasons? :lol:
The FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League. These were all in the last 6 seasons.

However, I would rather be in our position of now than win them cups but have the league positions that we got with them cups.

3rd and 2nd the last two seasons is more important than missing out on top 4 but winning a few minor trophies.

We have had no trophies the last couple of seasons but Arsenal have, yet we are in a much better position than Arsenal for challenging for the big trophies.

Arsenal haven't even qualified for the Champions League in 6 seasons. They have also finished 8th twice in a row, we finished 3rd and 2nd in that time.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
From a neutral point of view the second team that you just typed is probably right.

Arsenal fans keep choosing Sake over Rashford, but he isn't even better than Greenwood never mind Rashford.
Saka has a lot to prove this season. Southgates put him bang in the spotlight now. How many PL goals has he scored? Needs to step it up.

Partey would walk into our midfield and we'd take several other Arsenal players as squad players. But it's unclear on how good these Arsenal players are given they're being managed by Arteta who showed how out of depth he is last season.

Interesting season for Arsenal, im expecting them to be poor in the first half of the season. Arteta gone in December and with a new Manager bounce they'll finish the season on a high. 6th to 8th is where they'll end up. I'm ver unconvinced by them as a club right now.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Gabriel's talented and could surely become a star in the future. But he featured regularly in our bad run last season. We looked much more solid with the Holding and Mari partnership.
He was also player of the month for us for the first 3 months of the season, then he got injured, & struggled a bit for form & fitness afterwards. Mari only started 10 games in the league for us, so it would be madness to put him in ahead of the likes of Maguire & Lindelof, although looking at the results we did do ok when he played.

I did say it was through a biased Arsenal fan though. I chose Saka because he's carried Arsenal at times this season, something that neither Rashford & Greenwood have had to do. I think he's more creative than the Utd 2, but the Utd lads are obviously much better finishers seeing as they are forwards really. It all depends what you want / require from the team.

I wanted to put Sancho in & play him left as I think that's his best position, so Rashford obviously wouldn't be as effective from the right. So with that logic you are talking Greenwood vs Saka, & like I said, then it becomes do you want a goalscorer or someone that's a more rounded player.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I did say it was through a biased Arsenal fan though. I chose Saka because he's carried Arsenal at times this season, something that neither Rashford & Greenwood have had to do. I think he's more creative than the Utd 2, but the Utd lads are obviously much better finishers seeing as they are forwards really. It all depends what you want / require from the team.

I wanted to put Sancho in & play him left as I think that's his best position, so Rashford obviously wouldn't be as effective from the right. So with that logic you are talking Greenwood vs Saka, & like I said, then it becomes do you want a goalscorer or someone that's a more rounded player.
Rashford has 27 assists in the last 2 seasons in all competitions, so what you are saying is a bit wrong because Rashford is creative and is more than just a finisher. His all round game is miles ahead of Saka including his creativity.

I agree that Saga is more of a creator and Greenwood is more of a goalscorer but I don't agree that Saka is a more rounded player. Greenwood is more than just goals.

Tony247

Leno
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani / Aubameyang

Henderson
Partey Pogba
Sancho Bruno Rashford
Cavani
I would only take Saka, and he too would not be default starter. C'mon man you just finished 8th as compare to united's 2nd. Have some respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.