Arsenal 2021/22 | PLEASE LOCK (SERIOUSLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony247

In the last five seasons Arsenal have won and gotten to more cup finals than United. It's only these past two campaign's under Arteta we've fallen off the pace as top four contenders. So stick to facts.

Varane hasn't signed for United yet and Arsenal had the third best defensive record last season despite our manager. Ultimately it's subjective. Our opinions will inevitably differ alot on here. MY combined XI of both squads would be:

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

I could put in Maguire for Holding but I genuinely believe the latter is a better defender, but isn't appreciated by the English media. Could also add Pepe, Rashford, Aubamayang or Lacazette in attack too. There's even an argument for Smith-Rowe given how he turned Arsenal's season last year but you can't dismiss a player like Fernandes. I feel overall that above team is fair based on what I've seen from each player in terms of consistent performances.
This is a contender of the most deluded post of 2021-22.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
In the last five seasons Arsenal have won and gotten to more cup finals than United. It's only these past two campaign's under Arteta we've fallen off the pace as top four contenders. So stick to facts.

Varane hasn't signed for United yet and Arsenal had the third best defensive record last season despite our manager. Ultimately it's subjective. Our opinions will inevitably differ alot on here. MY combined XI of both squads would be:

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

I could put in Maguire for Holding but I genuinely believe the latter is a better defender, but isn't appreciated by the English media. Could also add Pepe, Rashford, Aubamayang or Lacazette in attack too. There's even an argument for Smith-Rowe given how he turned Arsenal's season last year but you can't dismiss a player like Fernandes. I feel overall that above team is fair based on what I've seen from each player in terms of consistent performances.

The main difference is the coaching. United have a manager who excels in man management with 11 years experience in the role that underpins his acumen. Arteta has won more, but is sadly one of the worse managers I've ever seen in 30 years of watching football.
:lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Varane hasn't signed for United yet and Arsenal had the third best defensive record last season despite our manager.
You can't conceded lot of goals if what you do are being coward and play across the back. Not rocket science.

AFC NimbleThumb

See, that's the issue. You expect people engaging with your reasoning, when it's quite obviously nonsense.
But Liverpool and Arsenal actually have won cups lately. What have United won in six seasons? :lol:
In 16/17 we won the Europa League, tell me how many European trophies Arsenal have won in their history let alone the ‘last 6 years’.

This is the issue with you Arsenal fans, it’s not just delusion, it’s mental gymnastics of a very unique kind.

One of the lesser United sides managed by a declining Jose managed to equate your entire European footballing history & you want to laugh at United for the last 6 years.

Your combined 11 was bad but your follow ups are genuinely baffling.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
But Liverpool and Arsenal actually have won cups lately. What have United won in six seasons? :lol:
Manchester United Trophies since 2015:
FA cup - 2015/2016
League Cup, Europa League and Community Shield - 2016/2017
3 ‘major trophies’, one minor.

Arsenal Trophies since 2015:
FA cup - 2014/15, 2016/17, 2019/20
Community Shield - 2020/2021
3 ‘Major trophies’, one minor.

Manchester United and Arsenal each have won 3 major trophies in the last 6 years. During this time, Manchester United have won as many European Trophies (1) as Arsenal in their entire history, unless you count the Inter Cities Fairs Cup. During this time, Arsenal have regularly failed to feature in the Champions League, their Last appearance in the competition being in 2017.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
The phrasing "fallen off the pace as top four contenders" reminds me of a joke in The Last Man on Earth about how the main character's penis was "only slightly below below-average."

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The phrasing "fallen off the pace as top four contenders" reminds me of a joke in The Last Man on Earth about how the main character's penis was "only slightly below below-average."
Arsenal would bite your hand off to go back to the days of being below average and scraping top 4.

We used to banter Arsenal for celebrating top 4 now they can't even do that.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League. These were all in the last 6 seasons.

However, I would rather be in our position of now than win them cups but have the league positions that we got with them cups.

3rd and 2nd the last two seasons is more important than missing out on top 4 but winning a few minor trophies.

We have had no trophies the last couple of seasons but Arsenal have, yet we are in a much better position than Arsenal for challenging for the big trophies.

Arsenal haven't even qualified for the Champions League in 6 seasons. They have also finished 8th twice in a row, we finished 3rd and 2nd in that time.
FA cup - 2015/2016

Manchester United and Arsenal each have won 3 major trophies in the last 6 years. During this time, Manchester United have won as many European Trophies (1) as Arsenal in their entire history, unless you count the Inter Cities Fairs Cup. During this time, Arsenal have regularly failed to feature in the Champions League, their Last appearance in the competition being in 2017.
Stop it, you're killing the poor fella!

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
[

If you could actually read, you'll see I named players who that could be swapped in that team I made; including Maguire for Holding. I said Holding is the better 'defender' who has good leadership skills and is clearly underrated in this country. Maguire's definitely better on the ball and scoring from set plays who also has good leadership.

I just think Holding makes less mistakes and plays under a worse manager. So on balance, I'd opt for him.
I still think you are deluded for thinking that. You must love the attention. The mind does boggle!

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
If you put Villa as our rivals, why not Chelsea too?
We were 6 points behind 4th place Chelsea and 6 points ahead of Villa. The goal difference is even closer to Chelsea than to Villa. And this depite a relegation worth first half of the season.

At least Arteta is under huge pressure from the start of the season. He had months to plan his "new" squad, is getting the player he wants and only can concentrate on the PL. Top 4 is unrealistic, because all Top 4 Clubs are more title contenders than contenders for the CL-Quali.
No mate arsenal are better than European champions. Arsenal beat chelsea twice last season so arsenal should be better than chelsea and has better team. Just put your combined team for Chelsea too. Just curious to look into that.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
FA cup - 2015/2016

I quite like that United fans now list qualifying for the CL as an achievement.

I remember when you used to regularly win trophies and would laugh at Arsenal fans (rightly) for mentioning our consistent CL qualification under Wenger.

Biggest club in the world but no trophies in 4 seasons and proud of CL qualification.

Dec9003

I remember when you used to regularly win trophies and would laugh at Arsenal fans (rightly) for mentioning our consistent CL qualification under Wenger.

No trophies in 4 seasons either
Forgive me, can you point to me listing Champions League qualification as an achievement? It’s the bare minimum for any big club to be regularly taking part in the Champions League. I just think when comparing the clubs past few seasons it’s worth remembering that the closest Arsenal have gotten to the Champions League is getting a good hiding off of Chelsea in the Europa League final.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

No trophies in 4 seasons either
To be fair, you finished 2 points ahead of 10th in the last two seasons.

It's a pretty stupid thing for an Arsenal fan (not you) to take the piss out of United given the state your club is in right now.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

The main difference is the coaching. United have a manager who excels in man management with 11 years experience in the role that underpins his acumen. Arteta has won more, but is sadly one of the worse managers I've ever seen in 30 years of watching football.

You've left out the best left back in the world in favour of injury prone Tierney. fecking Rob Holding over Maguire. Saka with his six career goals over Rashford. Deary me.

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Biggest club in the world but no trophies in 4 seasons and proud of CL qualification.
You feckers still think you're the biggest club in London. You ain't even that anymore.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Forgive me, can you point to me listing Champions League qualification as an achievement? It’s the bare minimum for any big club to be regularly taking part in the Champions League. I just think when comparing the clubs past few seasons it’s worth remembering that the closest Arsenal have gotten to the Champions League is getting a good hiding off of Chelsea in the Europa League final.
The poster you quoted was mentioning trophies won in the last 6 years. Unbidden, you mention CL qualification. Bit strange to mention that, unless you consider it relevant to the conversation of trophies won.
To be fair, you finished 2 points ahead of 10th in the last two seasons.

It's a pretty stupid thing for an Arsenal fan (not you) to take the piss out of United given the state your club is in right now.
You'd think some of the muppets supporting us would keep their heads down after the last few years we've had. I know I definitely have been :lol: :(
You feckers still think you're the biggest club in London. You ain't even that anymore.
Depends on the criteria and how much you value historic success over recent success.

Dec9003

The poster you quoted was mentioning trophies won in the last 6 years. Unbidden, you mention CL qualification. Bit strange to mention that, unless you consider it relevant to the conversation of trophies won.
I also mentioned that United had won the same number of trophies as Arsenal during that period, and that we’d equaled your European Success in that short time, seems you missed that part.
Now, I can understand you not getting why it’s a positive to be in the Champions League. Given you’ve never won it, you don’t understand that it’s an opportunity to win a trophy, I can see why you’d be a bit confused.;)

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I also mentioned that United had won the same number of trophies as Arsenal during that period, and that we’d equaled your European Success in that short time, seems you missed that part.
Now, I can understand you not getting why it’s a positive to be in the Champions League. Given you’ve never won it, you don’t understand that it’s an opportunity to win a trophy, I can see why you’d be a bit confused.;)
You don't need to convince me. I've always thought that consistently qualifying for the CL is a good thing, even if not the same as winning a trophy.

You should probably direct your words to the United fans who used to laugh at it and consider it beneath them ;)

Dec9003

You don't need to convince me. I've always thought that consistently qualifying for the CL is a good thing, even if not the same as winning a trophy.

You should probably direct your words to the United fans who used to laugh at it and consider it beneath them ;)
It’s never been beneath us to qualify for the Champions League, it’s different than when Arsenal do it, given that we’ve actually won it before.

cyberman

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

That record isnt because of better defenders, its because Arteta puts Jose Mourinho to shame. Plus 1 goal being enough to beat your lot so the opposition close up shop since you cant trouble their goal.
Rob Holding for feck sake

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

Massive Arsenal bias in that combined 11 pal. Maguire & Shaw are two of the best defenders in the country. Saka also offers dramatically less going forward than Rashford.

No offence, but your squad is dramatically weaker than ours, which is why we finished miles ahead of you, because our managers are similar level. The only player I would start at United would be Partey, because he’s better than Matic & we don’t have any other DMs. Tierney might get a start in a 3-4-3 but he’s nowhere near Shaw right now.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Massive Arsenal bias in that combined 11 pal. Maguire & Shaw are two of the best defenders in the country. Saka also offers dramatically less going forward than Rashford.

No offence, but your squad is dramatically weaker than ours, which is why we finished miles ahead of you, because our managers are similar level. The only player I would start at United would be Partey, because he’s better than Matic & we don’t have any other DMs. Tierney might get a start in a 3-4-3 but he’s nowhere near Shaw right now.
Partey had a poor season for Arsenal. I don't think he was better than Fred last season. Not to say he isn't a good player but he has it all to prove and I'm sure Arsenal fans can agree on that, they're expecting a dramatic improvement in 21/22.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

You'd think some of the muppets supporting us would keep their heads down after the last few years we've had. I know I definitely have been :lol: :(

Depends on the criteria and how much you value historic success over recent success.
Huddersfield Town won the old league 3 years on the trot. I'm sure Wolves did too. In terms of stature, Chelsea are probably seen as bigger than Arsenal now.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Huddersfield Town won the old league 3 years on the trot. I'm sure Wolves did too. In terms of stature, Chelsea are probably seen as bigger than Arsenal now.
I'll be honest, I don't really give a shit if some people think Chelsea are bigger than us. It's not something you can measure and even if it was, it's just another way for football fans to shout about who has the biggest dick.

I do find it a bit weird though that United fans want to quantify how big (or not) we are as a club based on our recent lack of success. Using the same logic of recent success trumping all would put United even further down the list of big clubs in the world.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'll be honest, I don't really give a shit if some people think Chelsea are bigger than us. It's not something you can measure and even if it was, it's just another way for football fans to shout about who has the biggest dick.

I do find it a bit weird though that United fans want to quantify how big (or not) we are as a club based on our recent lack of success. Using the same logic of recent success trumping all would put United even further down the list of big clubs in the world.
Let me just clarify, I couldn't give a feck about Arsenal. Hate everything about that club and their insipid fans. They're the ones who keep bleating on about how they're still a massive club and the biggest club in London etc. You were quite happy to flash your 'big dicks' when you were on top. Now that Chelsea have taken over, it's just posturing now? Typical Arsenal fan.

As far as United are concerned, regardless of recent success, we've always been the biggest club in the world and will always be in the limelight and don't even compare with the likes of Arsenal. We've always been one of the biggest media draws and even now are able to attract the likes of Sancho and Varane without any problem even paying less for them than you guys paid for Pepe and White.

You're just going to get further and further behind into mid-table obscurity the way things are going and I couldn't think of a club that deserve it more, probably apart from City that is.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Let me just clarify, I couldn't give a feck about Arsenal. Hate everything about that club and their insipid fans. They're the ones who keep bleating on about how they're still a massive club and the biggest club in London etc. You were quite happy to flash your 'big dicks' when you were on top. Now that Chelsea have taken over, it's just posturing now? Typical Arsenal fan.

As far as United are concerned, regardless of recent success, we've always been the biggest club in the world and will always be in the limelight and don't even compare with the likes of Arsenal. We've always been one of the biggest media draws and even now are able to attract the likes of Sancho and Varane without any problem even paying less for them than you guys paid for Pepe and White.

You're just going to get further and further behind into mid-table obscurity the way things are going and I couldn't think of a club that deserve it more, probably apart from City that is.
You talk about me being a typical Arsenal fan, despite me not having made any outlandish posts, but come out with arrogant shite like this? :lol:

10 years ago, fair enough, you could get away with a post like this, but now it's just embarrassing. You've gone from celebrating titles to celebrating transfers.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

I have read that post twice and I cant see how you came to that conclusion. The poster is simply stating that Utd equalled your entire European history when they won EL and how irrelevant Arsenal are these days because they don't even compete in Europe these days. This in no way appears as stating 'participating in CL' as an achievement for Utd.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Not picking up Rob Holding over White, Mings and Godfrey in the provisional squad was the reason why England didn't win the Euros. If that Arsenal fan had posted their combined XI before the Euros and leaked it to Southgate, England would have won the Euros and Holding would have been knighted.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Told you guys that Arsenal fans have overtaken Liverpool fans when it comes to delusion. This sort of stuff is common from Arsenal fans I know :lol: I'm just surprised there's so many United players in the team.
Weird, most other gooners I know are not optimistic at all and think we'repretty shit atm.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You talk about me being a typical Arsenal fan, despite me not having made any outlandish posts, but come out with arrogant shite like this? :lol:

10 years ago, fair enough, you could get away with a post like this, but now it's just embarrassing. You've gone from celebrating titles to celebrating transfers.
What's embarrassing about it? I'm just stating the fact that United will always be a 'big' club but Arsenal not so much. I'm guessing you'll just end up like Everton who were massive over 30 years ago when they used to win titles and cups regularly but are now mid table. You're probably on a par with them now to be honest. I know it must hurt you guys but it is what it is. Time to temper your delusions and get real.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I would only take Saka, and he too would not be default starter. C'mon man you just finished 8th as compare to united's 2nd. Have some respect.
Guys, I've given 2 teams, 1 that I have admitted would be from the perspective from a heavily biased Arsenal fan, call it a more balanced version of MO's post, & 1 that would be more realistic on a Utd board. I think that's showing proper respect!

Last edited:

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
What's embarrassing about it? I'm just stating the fact that United will always be a 'big' club but Arsenal not so much. I'm guessing you'll just end up like Everton who were massive over 30 years ago when they used to win titles and cups regularly but are now mid table. You're probably on a par with them now to be honest. I know it must hurt you guys but it is what it is. Time to temper your delusions and get real.
Let me know when the open top bus parade will be for the Varane and Sancho signings. I'm not too far from Manchester so it could be a nice day out

romufc

Let me know when the open top bus parade will be for the Varane and Sancho signings. I'm not too far from Manchester so it could be a nice day out
Oh was that you near Manchester last season celebrating winning at OT like a title victory?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm detecting a hint of saltiness towards United's supremacy and a very large dose of bitterness towards Arsenal's current plight? I could be mistaken? No matter how bad things have got for United in recent years, you could always count on the Gooners to make us feel better. :lol:

It must really hurt you guys that not many people banter you anymore. They actually pity you.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
That record isnt because of better defenders, its because Arteta puts Jose Mourinho to shame.
Arsenal also don't have a great defensive record. 'Third best in the PL' sure but the actual number of goals conceded isn't super low. Think it was 38 last I checked.

Tony247

We are the 4th most valuable football team in the world (as per Forbes). We are the most valuable PL team. That is valuation.

Then, we are 3rd most popular (in terms of fan base) in the world. Most popular among PL peers.

How on earth you conclude that united are not huge is beyond common sense.

Sea-Cow

How the feck Holding is better than Maguire? or even Bailly?

Mari? Never heard of him. Leno is better than DDG and Hendo? Wow.
The Arsenal fan deserves getting dunked on for putting in someone named Mari, but I agree with him on Leno being better than Hendo. DDG is better than both though.

And I would take Partey this second to start in CM for us. At OT last season he was brand new to the club and to the league, playing next to the Egyptian guy, and together they dominated Pogba and Bruno.

Shaw is in the form of his life and Tierney seems to be suffering from injuries but I think that comparison is pretty close. Tierney is ridiculously good, when fit of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.