Arsenal 2021/22 | PLEASE LOCK (SERIOUSLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
What's embarrassing about it? I'm just stating the fact that United will always be a 'big' club but Arsenal not so much. I'm guessing you'll just end up like Everton who were massive over 30 years ago when they used to win titles and cups regularly but are now mid table. You're probably on a par with them now to be honest. I know it must hurt you guys but it is what it is. Time to temper your delusions and get real.
I get banter and laughing at that one delusional post, but this is a bit much, especially for a supporter of a club that has risen from the ashes on more than occasion.

Here's how it's done:
£50M for Ben White

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
This is going to be a long season... :lol: :lol:

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
We are getting closer to winning the league, the trophy that actually matters. Arsenal could not be further away.
You've established yourself as a consistent top four team for the first time in almost a decade. Still not on the level of City, Liverpool or Chelsea. Agree with you on Arsenal, although with a new experienced manager that would change VERY quickly.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
He was also player of the month for us for the first 3 months of the season, then he got injured, & struggled a bit for form & fitness afterwards. Mari only started 10 games in the league for us, so it would be madness to put him in ahead of the likes of Maguire & Lindelof, although looking at the results we did do ok when he played.

I did say it was through a biased Arsenal fan though. I chose Saka because he's carried Arsenal at times this season, something that neither Rashford & Greenwood have had to do. I think he's more creative than the Utd 2, but the Utd lads are obviously much better finishers seeing as they are forwards really. It all depends what you want / require from the team.

I wanted to put Sancho in & play him left as I think that's his best position, so Rashford obviously wouldn't be as effective from the right. So with that logic you are talking Greenwood vs Saka, & like I said, then it becomes do you want a goalscorer or someone that's a more rounded player.
Only reason Gabriel won POTM continually was for his passion and defensive recovering; usually from mistakes of his own making. Everyone else was largely poor and lethargic during that period. Truth is he has a long way to go before tapping into that undeniable potential. Its also important his English improves to effectively communicate with the other centrebacks. Our best form and balance is clear with a Holding-Mari pairing presently. People don't want to hear that as they're relatively unfashionable names but these are the facts.

I'm not biased bro, read my initial post and you'll see I was critical and gave reasons for each point. But perhaps your another one incapable of reading.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Massive Arsenal bias in that combined 11 pal. Maguire & Shaw are two of the best defenders in the country. Saka also offers dramatically less going forward than Rashford.

No offence, but your squad is dramatically weaker than ours, which is why we finished miles ahead of you, because our managers are similar level. The only player I would start at United would be Partey, because he’s better than Matic & we don’t have any other DMs. Tierney might get a start in a 3-4-3 but he’s nowhere near Shaw right now.
Maguire is a good guy and shows passion but makes too many defensive mistakes. In my opinion, spending that sum on him has held United back. He vastly lacks pace, which has been noticeable on countless occassions and is without the spatial awareness and required football intelligence that is crucial to be a top centrebacks (As shown marking his teammates from set plays frequently). Gets easily dribbled passed and embarrassed by opposition attackers, concedes daft fouls and recieves stupid bookings.I like his personality and ability on the ball but he is not a better defender than Holding. The latter has been held back by perrenial injuries but was ahead of Maguire at international level from their youth days.
As for Shaw, he's improved immensely for club and country but Tierney is still better at most things and has a higher ceiling.

I'm not offended it's your opinion but your mistaken. As I mentioned earlier, Arsenal's real decline has only happened under Arteta. Before with Emery, a worse squad than this one was close to top four and reached the Europa final. With the recent additions of Pepe, Tierney, Gabriel and Partey that squad should've gotten back to where they belong but instead have finished 8th in two consecutive seasons. That's predominantly on the inexperienced egotistical young manager.

Despite this Arsenal still won more cups than United recently and spent way less.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Only reason Gabriel won POTM continually was for his passion and defensive recovering; usually from mistakes of his own making. Everyone else was largely poor and lethargic during that period. Truth is he has a long way to go before tapping into that undeniable potential. Its also important his English improves to effectively communicate with the other centrebacks. Our best form and balance is clear with a Holding-Mari pairing presently. People don't want to hear that as they're relatively unfashionable names but these are the facts.

I'm not biased bro, read my initial post and you'll see I was critical and gave reasons for each point. But perhaps your another one incapable of reading.
I wasn't calling you biased, more that most Arsenal fans will have a bias to their own players, & Utd fans will have a bias to theirs. Considering they finished 2nd in the league & we finished 8th, perhaps our bias is a good bit stronger currently. And anyway, just because you put up reasonings, doesn't mean that a. They are right and b. That they still can't be biased.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
But Liverpool and Arsenal actually have won cups lately. What have United won in six seasons? :lol:
In the last five seasons Arsenal have won and gotten to more cup finals than United. It's only these past two campaign's under Arteta we've fallen off the pace as top four contenders. So stick to facts.

Varane hasn't signed for United yet and Arsenal had the third best defensive record last season despite our manager. Ultimately it's subjective. Our opinions will inevitably differ alot on here. MY combined XI of both squads would be:

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

I could put in Maguire for Holding but I genuinely believe the latter is a better defender, but isn't appreciated by the English media. Could also add Pepe, Rashford, Aubamayang or Lacazette in attack too. There's even an argument for Smith-Rowe given how he turned Arsenal's season last year but you can't dismiss a player like Fernandes. I feel overall that above team is fair based on what I've seen from each player in terms of consistent performances.

The main difference is the coaching. United have a manager who excels in man management with 11 years experience in the role that underpins his acumen. Arteta has won more, but is sadly one of the worse managers I've ever seen in 30 years of watching football.
How do clowns like these are continuously allowed to post shit here?

I mean United has won three titles in the last six years, same as Arsenal unless this "person" wants to add the community shield as a title.

KM

I quite like that United fans now list qualifying for the CL as an achievement.

I remember when you used to regularly win trophies and would laugh at Arsenal fans (rightly) for mentioning our consistent CL qualification under Wenger.

Biggest club in the world but no trophies in 4 seasons and proud of CL qualification.
Christ, that's a solid coping mechanism :lol:.

Either we've got a bad bunch or most Arsenal fans are utter morons. Given AFTV and this thread, i'm leaning towards the latter.

KM

@Mogget and @MO_Football92 are having an absolute mare here.

A joy to behold.
@Mogget's argument is brilliant.

Random Arsenal WUM: United have won nothing in last six years
United fan: But we've won three trophies in last six years.
Mogget: Sad to see the day that United fans are celebrating about top4 finishes and treating as a trophy.
United fan: But nobody is treating top4 as a trophy.
Mogget: I remember when United fans used to mock Arsenal fans for that.
United fan: Again, nobody is saying that.
Mogget: I'll attend the open bus parade for Varane and Sancho signings.

Such great intellect.

Morpheus 7

Maguire is a good guy and shows passion but makes too many defensive mistakes. In my opinion, spending that sum on him has held United back. He vastly lacks pace, which has been noticeable on countless occassions and is without the spatial awareness and required football intelligence that is crucial to be a top centrebacks (As shown marking his teammates from set plays frequently). Gets easily dribbled passed and embarrassed by opposition attackers, concedes daft fouls and recieves stupid bookings.I like his personality and ability on the ball but he is not a better defender than Holding. The latter has been held back by perrenial injuries but was ahead of Maguire at international level from their youth days.
As for Shaw, he's improved immensely for club and country but Tierney is still better at most things and has a higher ceiling.

I'm not offended it's your opinion but your mistaken. As I mentioned earlier, Arsenal's real decline has only happened under Arteta. Before with Emery, a worse squad than this one was close to top four and reached the Europa final. With the recent additions of Pepe, Tierney, Gabriel and Partey that squad should've gotten back to where they belong but instead have finished 8th in two consecutive seasons. That's predominantly on the inexperienced egotistical young manager.

Despite this Arsenal still won more cups than United recently and spent way less.
Won more cups, the state of you. Not European ones though eh, Chelsea are bigger club now than Arsenal. Scraped 8th on the last day, counting the big Fa cup from two seasons ago, get a grip. Absolute banter club for years now, known for a ridiculous fan channel. Making a third bid for over 20m for Ramsdale, that's where Arsenal are. Do yourself a favour, take a picture of the league table before the first game, only chance you'll see Arsenal on top of the league for the next few years.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Mogget: Sad to see the day that United fans are celebrating about top4 finishes and treating as a trophy.

Such great intellect.
It must be painful that they've won a few FA cups recently yet Varane and Sancho aren't lining up to sign for them. Ah well, with another 10th place finish they might finally attract Zaha :drool:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s just Arsenal fans being Arsenal fans. Pretty sure they’ll go down the *insert player* is the best in the league in his position

gorky_utd

Tbh, Arsenal have won the FA Cup under Arteta. It is their league position recently which has been utter shambolic.

Real Name

Such great intellect.
He's having a conversation with himself. :lol:

Lay

It must be painful that they've won a few FA cups recently yet Varane and Sancho aren't lining up to sign for them. Ah well, with another 10th place finish they might finally attract Zaha :drool:
Zaha would want to go higher. No point going to one mid table club to another. Their marquee signing next season will be Mark Noble on a free

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Kroenke is the real winner here when he sees the fans of his club talk about how Rob fecking Holding is better than Maguire. Anyone saying otherwise is ignorant and doesn't understand football being their best argument.

I remember how they hyped up David Luiz when we got Maguire. That went well. Hope Arsenal keeps spending way less and their fans stay deluded as they are right now.

KM

Reading this thread has opened my eyes for AFTV, I always use to think they were the exception and were extra deluded for TV and rest of the Gooners are more realistic, it seems this isn't the case.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Reading this thread has opened my eyes for AFTV, I always use to think they were the exception and were extra deluded for TV and rest of the Gooners are more realistic, it seems this isn't the case.
Go to London and you can find plenty of deluded gooners.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
In the last five seasons Arsenal have won and gotten to more cup finals than United. It's only these past two campaign's under Arteta we've fallen off the pace as top four contenders. So stick to facts.

Varane hasn't signed for United yet and Arsenal had the third best defensive record last season despite our manager. Ultimately it's subjective. Our opinions will inevitably differ alot on here. MY combined XI of both squads would be:

Leno
AWB Holding Mari Tierney
Partey Pogba
Saka Bruno Sancho
Cavani

I could put in Maguire for Holding but I genuinely believe the latter is a better defender, but isn't appreciated by the English media. Could also add Pepe, Rashford, Aubamayang or Lacazette in attack too. There's even an argument for Smith-Rowe given how he turned Arsenal's season last year but you can't dismiss a player like Fernandes. I feel overall that above team is fair based on what I've seen from each player in terms of consistent performances.

The main difference is the coaching. United have a manager who excels in man management with 11 years experience in the role that underpins his acumen. Arteta has won more, but is sadly one of the worse managers I've ever seen in 30 years of watching football.
Bruno is a penalty merchant, Elneny showed he can be a good player and Xhaka showed in Euros how good he can be. I would put both of them instead of Penalty merchant and dab merchant.

Also not sure about Sancho, all he did was in weak league. Martinelli proved how good he can be when he was given chances. Even ESR who sort or revived Arsenal's reasons. Apart from all that Auba was played as LWF too. So you can put him instead of Sancho.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Bruno is a penalty merchant, Elneny showed he can be a good player and Xhaka showed in Euros how good he can be. I would put both of them instead of Penalty merchant and dab merchant.

Also not sure about Sancho, all he did was in weak league. Martinelli proved how good he can be when he was given chances. Even ESR who sort or revived Arsenal's reasons. Apart from all that Auba was played as LWF too. So you can put him instead of Sancho.
:lol:

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Rumours that there might be an opening to get Odegaard back with Madrid needing money and not trusting him enough. Anything under 40M i'd take him to play alongside or rotate with ESR. Over that and maybe pushing the boat for Maddison is a better solution with proven PL goals & assists. Leicester will tear us apart though and will probably ask for 60+

Looking more and more likely that we'll go into the season with Chambers/Cedric at RB which is a bit scary :nervous:

Sambi Lokonga is better than Paul Pogba.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

Such great intellect.
Some of you United fans are taking this far too seriously. I'm taking the piss but you still misrepresent my posts to try and "win" the argument :lol:

Lighten up, the season hasn't even started yet :)

bit of a banter.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Rumours that there might be an opening to get Odegaard back with Madrid needing money and not trusting him enough. Anything under 40M i'd take him to play alongside or rotate with ESR. Over that and maybe pushing the boat for Maddison is a better solution with proven PL goals & assists. Leicester will tear us apart though and will probably ask for 60+

Looking more and more likely that we'll go into the season with Chambers/Cedric at RB which is a bit scary :nervous:

Too much of a step backwards for him.

KM

Madisson really isn't that good IMO. Odegaard is a better option plus probably cheaper but not by much.

Fooza

Without the daily newbie post cap, Mo would be rampant on here :lol:

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
I wasn't calling you biased, more that most Arsenal fans will have a bias to their own players, & Utd fans will have a bias to theirs. Considering they finished 2nd in the league & we finished 8th, perhaps our bias is a good bit stronger currently. And anyway, just because you put up reasonings, doesn't mean that a. They are right and b. That they still can't be biased.
Fair enough. They finished six places ahead of us but that's not reflective of the difference between the squads, nowhere near. In 2016, Leicester had a worse squad than Chelsea but finished 10 places above them.

Our problems last campaign particularly the first period, was due to the negative atmosphere combined with Artetas insufficient managerial experience. Surely you see the big differences between 18/19 season and last year. We now have a better squad plus the league quality has declined, yet we're scraping into the top 10? It's the coach not players.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Fair enough. They finished six places ahead of us but that's not reflective of the difference between the squads, nowhere near. In 2016, Leicester had a worse squad than Chelsea but finished 10 places above them.

Our problems last campaign particularly the first period, was due to the negative atmosphere combined with Artetas insufficient managerial experience. Surely you see the big differences between 18/19 season and last year. We now have a better squad plus the league quality has declined, yet we're scraping into the top 10? It's the coach not players.
I disagree. Player for player they have a better team, its that simple. We are biased as Arsenal fans, like they will be as Utd fans, but ask nearly all fans of other clubs & they will agree with Utd fans. That tells its own story.

Sometimes teams can be made better than the sum of its parts, & that's what we need to hope to achieve, but we'll still finish behind Utd, & it's not just down to the manager.

I think we are building the right way, concentrating on younger players & trying to build a team / squad that way, but it also means we need to be patient while players mature. I don't have a problem with that, as long as we see improvement, however I'm realistic, I don't expect a jump from 8th to 3rd or 2nd for example.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

In my opinion we both have managers who are not good enough for the level of the two clubs, yet we have finished 2nd and 3rd while you have finished 8th twice. That tells me there is a fairly substantial difference in the two sets of squads. I would honestly take more players from Leicester, Villa & Everton than I would Arsenal right now. I’m not even saying that to banter you either, I’m being honest. I respect Arsenal a lot as a club, and even feared you at times between 98-04, but right now you are not a threat.

I can’t help but feel like these last few years have been a bit of karma for the vocal Arsenal fans who hounded Wenger out. That’s their greatest ever manager & one of the true greats of the premier league, and they treated him like dirt. He got them top 4 every year without getting any real big money, that wasn’t enough for their fans, you reap what you sow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.