Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
I think the bigger eye opener was Zinchenko being more highly rated than Fabregas as a midfielder and giving off ‘Scholes vibes’.

This kind of thing does make one question the Arsenal assessment of a player :lol:
Yh ok that one I disagree with. I don't see any Scholes comparison.

But he is much better than I thought he'd be tbf

cyberman

Arsenal better hope they win the league this year to make the following shit show worth it and even then it’ll be tainted forever.
Im talking about Arteta and his shouting at referees of course. A lot of fans defending his abusing of referees should have a long look at themselves

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
I mean, you guys are having a go at Arsenal fans for not rating Shaw, but then you go into his own thread on here which are views from United fans and read the last few pages and they are hardly full of praise:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/luke-shaw-2022-23-performances.471398/page-60

He can't be a world class left back if he's this inconsistent, and it seems like most of you agree?
Maybe it's like defending family. You spend every waking moment insulting your little brother... but the moment your mate joins in the banter, you find yourself threatening to fight your friend.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
I think the bigger eye opener was Zinchenko being more highly rated than Fabregas as a midfielder and giving off ‘Scholes vibes’.

This kind of thing does make one question the Arsenal assessment of a player :lol:
I feel like he was trying to upset everyone with that take.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
The instant touch, turn, and pinged pass, or the first touch short pass to get away from players , or the quick feet if under pressure to work the space, the only thing he hasnt got is the goals. Its amazing , watch him next game, its like Scholes reincarnated as our left back.
:lol:

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal better hope they win the league this year to make the following shit show worth it and even then it’ll be tainted forever.
Im talking about Arteta and his shouting at referees of course. A lot of fans defending his abusing of referees should have a long look at themselves
I think if you forget to do a basic thing that you are hired to do like drawing a line and if you are doing such a job that you head has to publically offer apology multiple times over a season you have that coming in any form of life.

If the plan to be and stay the best league in the world referees have to be subject to scrutiny. EPL is a super league in every aspect already as we have best people all across the board from all around the world be it players, managers, coaching staff, owners, fans coming from all around the globe to watch them, its televised at a premium all around the globe, down to the the grass that is laid on many pitches is some of the best in the world except for referees. If you cannot change/upgrade with the ecosystem the change will come to you. Its simple the best league should employ the best referees and not based on their address.

Crimson King

I mean, you guys are having a go at Arsenal fans for not rating Shaw, but then you go into his own thread on here which are views from United fans and read the last few pages and they are hardly full of praise:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/luke-shaw-2022-23-performances.471398/page-60

He can't be a world class left back if he's this inconsistent, and it seems like most of you agree?
United fans on this forum are a bunch of toddlers who I have a hard time agreeing with about anything, and I say that as one of them. Honestly, you'd probably find that most of them moan about water being wet.

I don't think anything said in that thread should be taken as the gospel opinion of fans. Every player has bad games or a dip in form, even WC players. But as soon as it happens, you better believe someone will be on here posting something reactionary, completely forgetting about the 10+ games before that. It's just silly.

I don't know whether Shaw is WC, but I guess it's all relative? At his best, which has been more often than not the last few seasons, even when the team was struggling, there aren't currently any LBs significantly better than him, if at all. If you swap Shaw with any of them, that team at best gets better, or at worst stays at the same level of footballing quality. His style, strengths, and weaknesses, may differ from said player, but his qualities in other areas are high enough to make up for it.

That's the most diplomatic way I can think of putting it.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
United fans on this forum are a bunch of toddlers who I have a hard time agreeing with about anything, and I say that as one of them. Honestly, you'd probably find that most of them moan about water being wet.

I don't think anything said in that thread should be taken as the gospel opinion of fans. Every player has bad games or a dip in form, even WC players. But as soon as it happens, you better believe someone will be on here posting something reactionary, completely forgetting about the 10+ games before that. It's just silly.

I don't know whether Shaw is WC, but I guess it's all relative? At his best, which has been more often than not the last few seasons, even when the team was struggling, there aren't currently any LBs significantly better than him, if at all. If you swap Shaw with any of them, that team at best gets better, or at worst stays at the same level of footballing quality. His style, strengths, and weaknesses, may differ from said player, but his qualities in other areas are high enough to make up for it.

Yeah, but you can't expect oppos to have such a nuanced opinion about Shaw. We don't see as much of him as you do, so the only opinion we can have is if he's world class or if he's shite.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal

That’s a very fair take.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, but you can't expect oppos to have such a nuanced opinion about Shaw. We don't see as much of him as you do, so the only opinion we can have is if he's world class or if he's shite.
True, since Martinelli isn’t world class, he’s utterly shite.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
True, since Martinelli isn’t world class, he’s utterly shite.
I don't know whether Martinelli is WC, but I guess it's all relative? At his best, which has been more often than not the last few seasons, even when the team was struggling, there aren't currently any LWs significantly better than him, if at all. If you swap Martinelli with any of them, that team at best gets better, or at worst stays at the same level of footballing quality. His style, strengths, and weaknesses, may differ from said player, but his qualities in other areas are high enough to make up for it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't know whether Martinelli is WC, but I guess it's all relative? At his best, which has been more often than not the last few seasons, even when the team was struggling, there aren't currently any LWs significantly better than him, if at all. If you swap Martinelli with any of them, that team at best gets better, or at worst stays at the same level of footballing quality. His style, strengths, and weaknesses, may differ from said player, but his qualities in other areas are high enough to make up for it.

That’s a very fair take.

Crimson King

That's a very fair point. I think we all do that to some extent though, it's why you'll always get home player bias from fans.

In reality, swapping Shaw for Zinchenko is probably neither here nor there. It wouldn't stop Arsenal winning the league, and it wouldn't suddenly make United title contenders. Just two very good players that each team is equally lucky to have.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

Don't ever go on Arsenal Mania!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Do you find other forums any better? You won’t because they’re all worse. You’re just finding our fans worse and an easy target to bemoan because we haven’t been winning. How were the Arsenal fan TVs and Rawks of this world pre success (Arsenal haven’t had any yet but will)?

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
That's a very fair point. I think we all do that to some extent though, it's why you'll always get home player bias from fans.

In reality, swapping Shaw for Zinchenko is probably neither here nor there. It wouldn't stop Arsenal winning the league, and it wouldn't suddenly make United title contenders. Just two very good players that each team is equally lucky to have.
You say that but I think if we swapped Shaw for Zinchenko we'd be relatively worse off. Completely different players. Equally, if you did the same you'd probably be no better really.

Crimson King

You say that but I think if we swapped Shaw for Zinchenko we'd be relatively worse off. Completely different players. Equally, if you did the same you'd probably be no better really.
I mean... That doesn't logically make any sense, but ok.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
I mean... That doesn't logically make any sense, but ok.
I think the point is both are good players who suit the style of their team. If swapped, Arsenal would lose the ability to outnumber opponents in midfield and United would have an inferior one-on-one defender at LB.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
I mean it does. We need Zinchenkos leadership, experience and his ability to play in midfield.

United don't necessarily need that.
Precisely. Which is why arguments like “how many of X’s players would get into Y’s team” can be reductive. Shaw doesn’t get into Arsenal’s team. But Zinchenko doesn’t get into United’s team, either.

Another example is Liverpool. They played some sublime football with midfield trio that have since not really set the world alight. But for a while there, Fabinho holding, Wijnaldum shuffling and Henderson covering (Alexander-Arnold, mostly) was absolutely dominant. I don’t think any of those players were ever the best in the world in their position, but facilitated a style of play that gave everybody problems.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

His agent is getting him his dues. Saw on reddit that it’s 78 million for the length of the contract which is probably what we'd have to pay in transfer fee alone to replace him.
Let's hope he avoid the big contract curse :wenger:

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
The £300k looks to include bonuses? So we don't really know what those terms are.

His agent is getting him his dues. Saw on reddit that it’s 78 million for the length of the contract which is probably what we'd have to pay in transfer fee alone to replace him.
Let's hope he avoid the big contract curse :wenger:
Yes I'm sure we're all a bit nervous with the figure mentioned as the club worked so hard to get the wage bill down. However, replacing him if he left would definitely be much more in this inflated market.

Also, we were paying Ozil/Auba those wages when we weren't in CL/Europe for a several years. Losing that CL money and associated commercial revenue really hurt. Now that we've secured CL for next season (and hopefully stay there more regularly), our wage bill will probably have to creep back up.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
After next year 5 teams would qualify for CL. Although with Newcastle added into the mix wouldn't mean much. As soon as Martinelli signed at 180k, I was sure Saka would be on 250k+ seems its 300k including all the bonuses. Honestly in the open market he could surely get much more than that. As Edu mentioned there is no problem in paying players huge wages as long as they and the team is performing so hopefully a huge chunk if that is in bonuses in which case it would be worth it. Odegaard should be on 200k+ contract soon.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Apparently, tickets for the final day against Wolves are going for 50K pounds or something.

Obviously its not gonna happen, but imagine buying those tickets now and then having Arsenal collapse from now until the end of the season. Would mean you paid 50k for a dead rubber game :lol:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Apparently, tickets for the final day against Wolves are going for 50K pounds or something.

Obviously its not gonna happen, but imagine buying those tickets now and then having Arsenal collapse from now until the end of the season. Would mean you paid 50k for a dead rubber game :lol:
The type of people that can afford or are daft enough to pay £50k for a football ticket id imagine are the type of people that can afford to lose £50k and not worry about it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think Arsenals season is dependent on how long Saliba is out for. They did brilliantly without Jesus due to having Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli on fire. As well as Nketiah being a decent player himself. With Saliba, I feel like he'll be a bigger miss as he's the glue to Arsenals very impressive defence, and going from him to whoever is 3rd choice CB at Arsenal is too huge a drop in quality.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

It's pretty fecking sickening. Trying to get tickets to even ordinary games is just impossible for most people now.

I almost preferred being shit so I could at least watch us live

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's pretty fecking sickening. Trying to get tickets to even ordinary games is just impossible for most people now.

I almost preferred being shit so I could at least watch us live
Most games I go to now are for lower league sides as I know I'll always get a ticket. Trying to get two for an Everton game is barely possible now as you have to both have a club account (paid for) to get a heads up on tickets. General sale just isn't really possible.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Most games I go to now are for lower league sides as I know I'll always get a ticket. Trying to get two for an Everton game is barely possible now as you have to both have a club account (paid for) to get a heads up on tickets. General sale just isn't really possible.
It does seem to be the way to go if you want to watch games at the stadium.

Never mind general sale, I'm paying £40 a year for a club account and they're all sold out before I even get a chance to buy one :lol: :(

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It does seem to be the way to go if you want to watch games at the stadium.

Never mind general sale, I'm paying £40 a year for a club account and they're all sold out before I even get a chance to buy one :lol: :(
I feel it's the same for both for different reasons. People want to snap up your tickets to see a title winning side. People want to snap up ours in case it's the last PL game they see at Goodison. :lol:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

R'hllor

Many delusional bubbles will suffer cracks if they win a title, its gonna be actually funny, not to mention Arteta threads getting instantly legendary status for all drivel, specially for period while we under Ole.