Arsenal to investigate themselves over Pepe deal

Idxomer

Lille also sold Osimhen for 70m to Napoli this season and he hasn't looked anything special from the little I've seen, been injured a bit though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You don't need to be Messi to take over Pepe's spot at the moment. He's Lingardesque, we need to get Everton on the phone and sort out a deal.
You are aware that we beat you and you're 8 points behind us while we have a game in hand, right?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
72m should be getting you a ready made starting 11 top level footballer with potential to be absolutely world class. Pepe is neither.
Fine but that's not a good reason to get rid. If you thought you were getting a world class talent but actually you've got more of an impact player off the bench then you've just got to deal with it. Unsettling the guy further by announcing the Spanish Inquisition is just bad management.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
You are aware that we beat you and you're 8 points behind us while we have a game in hand, right?
I'm just alluding to the Iwobi sale, don't get rattled so easily. Yes Everton beat Arsenal and are probably 11 points better off. Now let's talk about Pepe, what do you say to 40M + various bonuses easily attainable since you're on the up. He is a "proven decent player and a terrific dribbler" after all.

Varun1

No but I think there were many times Nani for example didn't look like a £20m player. There were others where he looked like Ronaldo. Some players need a bit of support and love to get the best out of them and I think Pepe might be one. I think he's proven a lot more as a player than Arteta has as a coach and will also be a lot more expensive to replace.

I'm certainly not advocating Arsenal have to keep every underperforming player btw, clearly they need a mentality shift and part of that will be moving players on. But when you've got players who are ageing (e.g.Willian, maybe Luiz), some toxic characters (Ceballos, maybe Guendouzi?) and others who have proven they will let you down time and time again (Xhaka, possibly Ozil and Lacazette), they're the ones I would want to move on first.

There are other players too who are decent servants to the club but if we're honest ought to be very much squad players not starters e.g. Bellerin, Elneny. So much work to do and I wouldn't be prioritising Pepe who if someone could get him going could actually save them a lot of money IMO.
How does Ceballos have a toxic character and how is Laca letting the team down? Genuine question as I thought Laca was being played on the wings initially and Guendouzi was the issue not Ceballos.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
How does Ceballos have a toxic character and how is Laca letting the team down? Genuine question as I thought Laca was being played on the wings initially and Guendouzi was the issue not Ceballos.
Ceballos is a complete cnut by all accounts. He's had 2 training ground fights with his own teammates and is supposedly very arrogant with the younger players. He's not a bad player though, I'd probably still play him if I were Arsenal. I'd be looking at replacements though.

Lacazette is just a lazy shit, blowing out of his arse after 70 minutes of almost every game he's played for them. Not a poor player but I don't think he's a good pro.

Varun1

Ceballos is a complete cnut by all accounts. He's had 2 training ground fights with his own teammates and is supposedly very arrogant with the younger players. He's not a bad player though, I'd probably still play him if I were Arsenal. I'd be looking at replacements though.

Lacazette is just a lazy shit, blowing out of his arse after 70 minutes of almost every game he's played for them. Not a poor player but I don't think he's a good pro.
Strange then that Arsenal took Ceballos on loan for a 2nd time!

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
That didn't age well :D
At the time we were playing well and the players were stepping up.
The ability is there, but the club is corrupt. The weeds in the garden needs to be removed before any flowers will blossom.

Now based off current team and club status I'd say we have some decent, potentially world class players coming up and proving themselves ahead of the seniors.

But yes I will change my opinion on Pepe, he is shite and can't even displace a 19 year old Saka in the team says it all really. We've shot ourselves in the foot here considering I doubt we will recoup anything worthwhile on him if he goes....

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Guy on Arsenal Fan TV just spoke about giving Pepe a "run out" :lol:

70 odd million, and talking about a run out.