Arsenal v Chelsea (Sat 19 Jan 2019) - What result will suit United best?

Which result will suit United best in your opinion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Presidente

Literally, the only upside on a Chelsea win will be the ArseFanTV later on. We really need them to lose points here.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Just me or these derbies are getting more boring every year?

Deleted member 101472

Arsenal win and by a big margin if possible. At this moment everything points to Chelsea being bigger competition for us to get third.

Pace Abuser

Arsenal 5 - 0 please. We are already level with them, they're also not up to much and Chelsea have a much better goal difference while being 6, but effectively 7 points ahead currently.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Arsenal win.

We're better than them and I think we'll finish ahead of them. Need every point we can get on Chelsea.

Nickelodeon

A Chelsea loss gets us 3 points closer to 4th. A draw makes it 4 points.

Why would we want a draw? Its strange that some people are optimistic enough that we'll cover 4 points on Chelsea yet so pessimistic that Arsenal might finish ahead of us. :houllier:

Either way. Hope we do our business against Brighton. Jose's United always made such situations redundant by dropping points before our rivals play.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea win and Fulham taking all 3 points suits everyone best I think :lol::lol:

RedDevilRoshi

Both teams dropping points so draw for me.

Add in a few injuries and suspensions for both sides as well

Jonno

Draw = 4 points lost by our rivals
Win either way = 3 points lost by our rivals

I don't understand why people think we're way past Arsenal already. A win for them against Chelsea could help them kick on and win 4-6 on the bounce

Draw

Miscemayl

Arsenal win... We want Chelsea to drop as many as possible.

Arsenal will fade on their own even if they win against Chelsea so it's a no brainer

SteveW

Chelsea are 6 points ahead of us. We've pretty much reeled Arsenal in already. An Arsenal win is obviously the best result.

I'm staggered that so many people would choose something else.

Canagel

Arsenal win obviously. We're already level and there's chance even that we could be ahead on GD if we beat Brighton convincingly and only 3 points behind Chelsea. That's dream scenario for us

Last edited:

Eric's Seagull

Would like to see Arsenal win this as I see Chelsea as more serious rivals for a top 4 spot.
Also if we keep on winning by the end of the City game, which I am hoping they lose as well, we will be level on points and then I think that things will get really interesting.

Bwuk

Arsenal win and hopefully Fulham to get something off of Spurs

RedDevil-85

Both teams need to win so im hoping they draw,a useless result for both.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I don't know why you guys think we're the team to fight for 4th. Spurs are only 1 point ahead of us and have just lost half their key players.

el3mel

Arsenal winning is the best for us. Assuming we win, we'll be 3 points away from top 4. Arsenal are irrelevant anyway.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I don't think we can catch City or Liverpool, but nevermind 4th, I'm eyeing 3rd place, so dropped points by both teams would be the ideal result for me along with Tottenham dropping points without Kane (thank you Phil Jones)...

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Arsenal winning by a big margin would turn things around for them, which means it won't happen because they are in a rut. Also the idea of catching Chelsea is a bit fanciful, they are a good team that is a striker away from challenging. I fancy Spurs to be the one that can be caught due to several injuries, not Chelsea.

FerociousCorgis

both teams engage in such offensive levels of cheating that the premier league decides to dock both teams 10 points.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
What the feck has it got to do with you lot? You should be more worried about what Watford and Leicester are doing.
:lol:

Arsenal win. Although I think it’s actually possible we catch both spurs and Chelsea at this rate.

I don’t know if I’m being naive but arsenal just do not seem any threat whatsoever really.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
What the feck has it got to do with you lot? You should be more worried about what Watford and Leicester are doing.
You better hope Higuain doesn't choke on a pie on his way to Cobham!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Need Chelsea to lose but there's more chance of that happening against anyone else on the league.