Kick-off
Wed, 1 January 2020 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RuudTom83

Perfect mix of a team with a big team reputation (so the United lads will be up for it) while being inept tactically and full of bottlers.

United Win to start the year :devil:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    This match-up should really be most ideal playing environment for a fair few of our players.
    Be disappointed if Fred,Lindelof,Martial and Shaw don't have strong games.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    can't remember the last time we won three league games on the trot (Ole's early days?) and think a draw is the best we can get, more likely lose. Sadly, we can't expect a gift such as Chelsea got...

OldPop

Pereira over Pogba still? I hope Pogba can play as our number 10 for this game. Should suit him very well with all the space Arsenal leaves behind.
    Although I worry that Pogba still has injury problems and will miss this game too.
    My feeling is that Pogba is not 100% yet, but of course it's just a guess.

TrustInOle

We will win this easily. Gone 3-0, Rashford, Martial, Pogba.

Martial will have a field day running at their defenders.

bondsname

De Gea
    AWB Lindelöf Maguire Shaw
    Fred Matic
    Pereira
    Greenwood Martial Rashford

Think Arsenal will be up for it. Arteta is a relatively new manager so he might be full of surprises. Not an easy game at all, Arsenal have a big chance to win this game.

I'd rest Pogba once again and have him replace either Fred or Pereira in the second half. It fecking sucks having Mctominay injured, we really need the midfield reinforcements right now.

Have James come in for Rashford or Greenwood, and Lingard in the latter stages because I feel we'll be chasing a goal.

2-1 win for Arsenal.

theklr

My feeling is that Pogba is not 100% yet, but of course it's just a guess.
    I think Pogba intentionally was kept out of the press training to confuse Arteta. Just wait for Ole to say Pogba might play a few mins and then start him outright.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    We owe them a drubbing for ruining Ole’s momentum last season. They’re in the dumps and just because they’ve got the guy who put Pep’s cones out doesn’t mean Mustafi suddenly knows his arse from his elbow.

3-0.

AshRK

It will be a tricky game but I think we will be fine. Chelsea were really bad and yet got 3 points. I think all these back to back games is coming too soon for Arteta. It won't be that easy like some think but we will come out with 3 points as long as our players are up for it. If we come up like we did against Watford then any team can beat us but if we show the same intensity like we did against Spurs and City then Arsenal are done.

nyanza

I think Pogba intentionally was kept out of the press training to confuse Arteta. Just wait for Ole to say Pogba might play a few mins and then start him outright.
    Or start Lingard and confuse him even more.

SAFMUTD

We’ve been really good playing against the top sides, unfortunately Arsenal is not a top side.

peridigm

The worse a team are, the more I worry at the moment...

And Arsenal are properly shit
    You think City and Spurs fans were saying the same last month? I’m sure many were. I’m more confident about this match than I would normally be since Arsenal are typically near the top 4 and we’re game raisers this year.

VJ1762

I will rest Rashford and go with James on the left, Martial upfront and Greenwood on the right. Rashford is in desperate need of a rest, and we have games against Wolves, Man city coming up. He can come off the bench if we are behind.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
    On paper we should have a field day against their setup. Arteta is no mug and will realise this and try to adapt, but that side have left the defence exposed for a few seasons now and its in their DNA.

As always though this is a tough fixture to predict. The team who turn up on the day usually win, but I've gone for 1-3 in our favour as our front three are in a good moment and I think we will see a lot of space available for them to do what they do. Whoever scores first will win it.

cyberman

Both seem quite confident of an Arsenal win.
    1 win in 15, lost last 4 at home. Have Palace and Chelsea away after this.
    Arsenal could, and should, be in the bottom 3 in a few games time. Theyre sleep walking into disaster while always being confident of winning the next game.
    And Solskjaer was elbowed right in the face by Sol!

Jonno

They're 6 points off the bottom 3 and look lost.

If we do them tomorrow, they could be realistically in a relegation battle

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    I will rest Rashford and go with James on the left, Martial upfront and Greenwood on the right. Rashford is in desperate need of a rest, and we have games against Wolves, Man city coming up. He can come off the bench if we are behind.
    What?! Rest our leading scorer in a PL game against Arsenal? Hahahaha. Yeah okay then.

Rest him against Wolves in the cup. I'd rest both Martial and Rashford in that one. We don't have the squad depth to compete on four fronts and with the EL having a CL prize at the end of it and with us already being in a semi final in the league cup......the FA cup is now 4th priority for me. Plays the ressies and let Wolves have it.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
    1 win in 15, lost last 4 at home. Have Palace and Chelsea away after this.
    Arsenal could, and should, be in the bottom 3 in a few games time. Theyre sleep walking into disaster while always being confident of winning the next game.
    And Solskjaer was elbowed right in the face by Sol!
    Calling us cheats ... we cheated our way into the past successes.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    What?! Rest our leading scorer in a PL game against Arsenal? Hahahaha. Yeah okay then.

Rest him against Wolves in the cup. I'd rest both Martial and Rashford in that one. We don't have the squad depth to compete on four fronts and with the EL having a CL prize at the end of it and with us already being in a semi final in the league cup......the FA cup is now 4th priority for me. Plays the ressies and let Wolves have it.
    Agree 100%. We need good result in the league and to fight for the EL. Let's not be irrationally sentimental by unnecessarily chasing League Cup or FA Cup "silverware". Seriously, nobody cares for those. Not when you have bigger fish to fry.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    Agree 100%. We need good result in the league and to fight for the EL. Let's not be irrationally sentimental by unnecessarily chasing League Cup or FA Cup "silverware". Seriously, nobody cares for those. Not when you have bigger fish to fry.
    I don't think it's even that......just got to face reality. The squad isn't big enough to compete on all fronts.

1. League is always the top priority for me and we're back in with a chance of making top 4.
    2. EL has to be second because it's a European trophy and the winner gets CL football.
    3. League cup would normally be 4th but we're in the semi finals now vs the massive club. That now puts it ahead of FA cup rnd 3.
    4. FA cup is something we could do without this season quite frankly. Getting knocked out by Wolves could be a blessing in disguise and help us in the other 3 comps.

Strelok

I don't think it's even that......just got to face reality. The squad isn't big enough to compete on all fronts.

1. League is always the top priority for me and we're back in with a chance of making top 4.
    2. EL has to be second because it's a European trophy and the winner gets CL football.
    3. League cup would normally be 4th but we're in the semi finals now vs the massive club. That now puts it ahead of FA cup rnd 3.
    4. FA cup is something we could do without this season quite frankly. Getting knocked out by Wolves could be a blessing in disguise and help us in the other 3 comps.
    Can't agree more. Our squad is already so thin and yet McT is out for probably 1-2 months. Not a good time for the FA or even League Cup tbh.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    He could be the second coming of Jesus, but he’s not going to coax the level of improvement Arsenal need in such a short amount of time

We should be absolutely dominating them and anything less than a win won’t be good enough, especially with upcoming fixtures
    Agreed.
    I am not normally so positive, but this is a banker - 3 points. We should use this match to work on our goal difference.
    It's been a very long time since I was so confident of beating an opponent.
    AFC are absolute trash right now. Even if we go down 2-0 in the first half to them, I'd still expect us to win.
    In their last match when they were 1-0 up against CFC and then lost the game?

They have lost/drawn their last 4 league games. This is probably the worst form I have seen AFC in, in 20 years.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Arsenal could be three points above relegation if they lose on Wednesday and results go against them.
    Thats mad to me.
    This is the worst form I have seen AFC in, for about 20 years.
    They are rock bottom and I honestly don't see any sign of improvement in the short term.

Class of 63

Sourness
    Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
    ......the FA cup is now 4th priority for me. Plays the ressies and let Wolves have it.

Can't agree more. Our squad is already so thin and yet McT is out for probably 1-2 months. Not a good time for the FA or even League Cup tbh.
    Nooooooooooooooooooo

Last edited:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
    Got a bad feeling. Think it's all the optimism om here.

Member 119614

This will be a glorious match, Utd will stand straight upon a poor beaten down beast, we will beat it further, we knock it comatose tomorrow, leave it's resurrection for someone else. Let us start the year with a grand feast, devour them.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout

I wouldn't say 'blessing in disguise' as it's become a bit cliched (particularly on here :lol:) but I agree 100% with your priorities. I'd play a fairly inexperienced team versus Wolves, take the pressure completely off them and let them taste tough competition against a good team.

As for tomorrow I share the anxiety of those who are not liking us going into a game as favourites, that's how it goes to shit for us this year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 357 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw