Kick-off
Wed, 1 January 2020 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SirAnderson

How the hell can pundits constantly talk shite about a player that is not there "pogba", and not shite on Lingard's uselessness. Guess you can't do it to young players, or it will dent their careers!
    white.

Jacob

Rashford is so freaking limited when it's not a counter attack.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    For Ole in brigade... We are getting outplayed by a team who is managed by a guy who only had a couple of training sesions to implement his ideas.

Maguire is hardly better than Smalling. Shame we wasted tons of monies on him.

Is Matic really that bad that we must force him out of the squad?

Smores

It's baffling no one sees it's our chief issue EVERY time Matic plays. Just look at the times we've had the ball in defense and struggled to play out and show me a single occasion Matic was moving to receive the ball in tight space. If your defensive midfielder refuses to receive the ball in this area there is absolutely no way to play out from the back. The pressing team just splits the centrebacks and the fullbacks and we're fecked.
    If he was refusing to do what Ole instructed he wouldn't be playing it's as simple as that. Either there's a lack of instruction so he doesn't bother or our coaches want to play through wide areas.

Apart from "go for the counter" our tactics are invisible.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
    Who else remembers those days when in a match like this you'd look at the bench and at least have some hope in someone coming on and changing the match.

buckooo1978

same old same old

a pathetic performance making a poor side, devoid of confidence look good

we did it to Newcastle, Watford, Villa etc.

hope we show something in the second half just to show there is something about Ole's team

Pogba will get most of the criticism predictably but this has been awful

Gasolin

I hope Ole has destroyed the locker room, he needs to inspire fear to those players, get them up and hyped for the coming game, and do one or two changes at half time directly. Directly.

Josep Dowling

Major issues being shown today.

Shaw is a liability. He gets the ball and always passes backwards. He has been caught out of position all game and that’s how Pepe scored.

Our midfield is gash. We NEED to buy a midfielder in this window. If they don’t it just shows the club has no ambition anymore, it’s that serious.

Matic is too slow, too tepid, he provides nothing defensively or going forward. Thank God his contract is running out in the summer. It’s just a shame Lingard‘s contract can’t be ripped up.

I would pull both of them off at half time they were that bad.

Red_Aaron

Everyone looks knackered, they're all walking, there's no zip in the passing at all with some passes so slow they're being cut out with ease.

Can't see us stepping up second half either, small squad with no options to freshen it up.

cj_sparky

Keeping forgetting Arteta has two of United former assistants in his back room team :lol:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    By far the worst first half in a season :(
    actually pretty much exactly the same as about 75 per cent of the season. that's why I know Ole has to go. no idea how often we've all said the same thing on match day game after game

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
    I see we're back to season 1 'gets rattled from inswinging corners' De Gea.

Highest paid keeper in the world my arse.
    If you let their striker get a free header in the box with the ball hit at that pace, every keeper will struggle. De Gea does a lot wrong but it's ridiculous to expect him to stop that one.

Superunknown

I urge you guys to watch what Shaw did before Arsenal got the corner for their second goal. The ball Ozil put over the top to Maitland-Niles, the guy just lets him go, he is so so lazy
    He's got a rubbish injury record and looks like a liability whenever he plays, plus he's not the hardest worker. He's going to be 25 this year, so really we should be seeing the best of him this season. I can't see him getting much better and wouldn't mind at all if we decided to move him on in a season or so.

ArjenIsM3

Dude they're no better than what we've got on the pitch.
    Yes they are. Except their defence. That's where we're better on paper at least. Aubameyang equal to or better than Rashford. Lacazette equal to or better than Martial. Ozil better than Lingard. Torreira equal to Fred. Xhaka better than Matic. They're more experienced on the whole too.

tonnas

Cant wait to see what the OleIn brigate will find as excuses for this torgid football.

lex talionis

Poor all the way around but you can’t take them all off the pitch.

Greenwood for Lingard radically improves our attack. May need to bring on Williams for Shaw as well.

el3mel

Good thing the loss won't hurt us much considering the results this week. Will just keep everything as it was.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Well if we nick a goal I’m sure Arsenal will start to shite themselves. They aren’t exactly used to winning so handsomely. Then again neither were West Ham or Watford and we couldn’t muster something against them. It really is pathetic and needs to stop.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
    Mctominay would have done better, but Matic has been alright. Many worse players than him.
    Totally disagree. Left Maitland-Niles to create the corner the second goal, and didn't get back to the penalty spot for the first goal. Both times could have prevented goals if he was an actual DMF, but he can't run for more than 4 seconds at a time. He's supposedly a 'shield'.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
    Shambolic first half display. As good as Arsenal have been, we have been equally as shit. Arsenal are passing the ball with zip and precision around Matic and Shaw who are fecking dead on their feet. I mean those two and to a certain extent Maguire, look like competition winners who got thrown into a professional match. Unbelievable.

Id forgive Matic if he could pick a pass or did something intelligent with the ball but all he does is misplace simple passes or punt it over the top to Rashford or Martial when nothing is clearly on.

Fred, AWB, James have been decent again. They look up for it as always. Comfortable on the ball. The rest have been utter fecking crap.

Lingard should just leave the country and go live in the mountains somewhere and contemplate on just how embarrassing he is. He is totally fecking pathetic. Hands down one or the worst United players I've ever seen. Everything he does just turns to shit. In fact, it would be much better if we played with 10 men. I'm genuinely convinced we're better off a man down rather than playing that fecking idiot in the 10 role.
    Ole is not above criticism as well for playing him there. Get Greenwood on the right, if you must. Put James in his favoured left and play one of Martial or Rashford in in 10 and 9. It's not ideal but wed fair better.

fecking pathetic.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    Lingard.

How the feck does this useless prick get game time? Let alone starts.

He hasn’t assisted or scored in over a year!

‘J-Lingz’ should ‘F-Offz’
    Ole said before game that he knows why Lingard had bad year and this is new fresh start for him. So 2019 not happened in eyes of Ole i guess

Toblerone92

I can handle the errors from De Gea, I can handle the abysmal positioning from Maguire and I can even handle the shite passing from Lingard because lets face it, it's not really his fault anymore as Ole keeps picking him.

What I cannot stand however is the utterly pathetic levels of effort from Luke Shaw (or any other player for that matter). Jogging around like he's playing Sunday league with his fat pals in the park. It makes my blood boil and I would happily never see him in a United shirt again.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    Erm no it's not.. that was the worse game I've watched in a long long time.
    You must not be watching this one then, maybe. Watford game was horrible, but there's Watford game, then there is 50 miles of shit, and then there is this garbage.

Jonno

This demonstrates that our woeful performances are down to coaching. Arsenal have looked utter cack all season, and once Arteta comes in and starts to actually implement a style of football, you see signs of improvement in the initial games and bang, they're all over us, 2-0 up at half time.

Ole quite clearly doesn't have a clue when it comes to tactics, with the wins against City and Spurs flattering him and us. I want the man to succeed with us naturally, but with each week that goes by I slide further and further toward the Ole-out camp. It's painful.
    Coaching? He’s been there a matter of days, to suggest it’s coaching is ridiculous. We’ve just watched a team play with the famous new manager bounce syndrome, pure passion, adrenaline, with the fans right behind them.

Two routine tap ins do not represent some mystical coaching masterclass. I’ve seen Jose get a reaction like this out of his Spurs team a couple of months ago.

bondsname

Same old United. Tired of this bullshit.

Scared, nervous, no movement, cowards the whole lot of them.

This is the worst Arsenal team arguably in the history of the Premier League. We are making them look like the best Arsenal team in the history of the premier league.

It's so fecking embarrassing. I just want to lie down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 357 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw