Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Any word on Ronaldo being back?

Am off to the game, in the Arsenal end, and it's literally the one thing I'm excited about after that shambles midweek!

James35

De Gea, Telles, Varane, Lindelof, Dalot, McTominay, Matic, Fernandes, Sancho, Ronaldo, Elanga.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Who reckons the players might, just might start performing now the new manager has been announced. They’ll surely want to impress if they want to stay at the club… not that any of them deserve to but now they know who the manager is they’ll be excited as they know he can get us competing with city and Liverpool eventually.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    There should be a cardboard cutout of Ten Hag on the sidelines. His presence should be felt and haunt the players

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Will Ralf even finish the season with us? If we lose four goals to nil in these next games against Arsenal and Chelsea is that enough to force a resignation? Surely there has to be some metric of accountability regardless of how checked out the players are.
    Ralf has made it blatantly clear that he has no trust in these players. He even made a comment the other day that this Summer we should bring in 9 players! Normally, it's fans who talk like this, but when the builder of clubs, RR, is saying the same, you know the situation is bad.

The players were only able to press for 30 minutes (against Crystal P, remember that game?). After that, the players made it clear that they could not run like that. The players are lazy and their fitness levels are poor. Their conditioning is poor. Their diets are poor and many of them don't even look like elite level athletes. Absolutely shocking on multiple levels.

Those are only a few of the reasons why I have no belief that this team can win any of our remaining games and that Ralf R is not responsible.

The only thing which I do hold Ralf R responsible for, is not playing youth players - he should be doing this right now, given that anybody who knows about football knows that the current set of players have no confidence or desire to win games.

The win against Norwish, btw, was a Ronaldo special. Without him, we'd even have lost that match - the worst team in the league.

Ace

Ralf has made it blatantly clear that he has no trust in these players. He even made a comment the other day that this Summer we should bring in 9 players! Normally, it's fans who talk like this, but when the builder of clubs, RR, is saying the same, you know the situation is bad.

The players were only able to press for 30 minutes (against Crystal P, remember that game?). After that, the players made it clear that they could not run like that. The players are lazy and their fitness levels are poor. Their conditioning is poor. Their diets are poor and many of them don't even look like elite level athletes. Absolutely shocking on multiple levels.

Those are only a few of the reasons why I have no belief that this team can win any of our remaining games and that Ralf R is not responsible.

The only thing which I do hold Ralf R responsible for, is not playing youth players - he should be doing this right now, given that anybody who knows about football knows that the current set of players have no confidence or desire to win games.

The win against Norwish, btw, was a Ronaldo special. Without him, we'd even have lost that match - the worst team in the league.
    I totally agree with your post and what you're saying. However, managers are judged by their results-- And Ralf's results have been far worse than any other manager post Ferguson. He has a win percentage of only 41%. Compare that with Moyes (52%), LVG (53%), Ole (54%), and Mourinho (58%) who were all booted from their roles given their poor results. Under Ralf, our squad, our performances, and our results couldn't have possibly been any worse yet plenty of us have been very generous to shift all of the blame on the players. Plenty are excited for him to act in an advisory role overseeing ETH. If I was ETH coming in to the job, Ralf is the absolute last person that I would seek advice from given what we've seen in half a season.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    Can't stand losing to these feckers. I really despise Arsenal. They must have the most flip-flop fans in football. No way can the players just roll over again. We should win this 2-1.

Maguire should sit this one out and Sancho should start. I'm not fully onboard the Elanga train yet. Mejbri should start as well but not gonna happen. Wish we had Fred and Cadavers back too. They're the only ones who actually run around the pitch.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
    Ralf just confirmed that ronnie , scot and rafa will be Available for the game which make me happy :D
    Also said taht pual won't play till the end of the season so that's probably the last time we saw him in an United shirt. What a shitty way to go!

Todd

-----------------------De Gea----------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------Varane----Lindelof--------------
    AWB-----------------------------------------Telles
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------Matic-------------------------
    ----------Mejbri---------------Bruno--------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Elanga----------------------------------- Sancho
    ----------------------Ronaldo-----------------------

Think we might surprise some folks and draw this one

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
    If Ronaldo Varane and Bailly start we will….not get relegated.

No faith we will win any of our last games

justsomebloke

I totally agree with your post and what you're saying. However, managers are judged by their results-- And Ralf's results have been far worse than any other manager post Ferguson. He has a win percentage of only 41%. Compare that with Moyes (52%), LVG (53%), Ole (54%), and Mourinho (58%) who were all booted from their roles given their poor results. Under Ralf, our squad, our performances, and our results couldn't have possibly been any worse yet plenty of us have been very generous to shift all of the blame on the players. Plenty are excited for him to act in an advisory role overseeing ETH. If I was ETH coming in to the job, Ralf is the absolute last person that I would seek advice from given what we've seen in half a season.
    The thing is, Ralf keeps saying calm, reasonable things that we all agree with. He manages to be sharp and insightful and say quite extraordinarily damning things, without coming over as in any way motivated by feelings or mind games. Which is lovely, and makes it easy to forget he's not an observer, but actually in charge of the damn thing. But though his results as a manager have been underwhelming to say the least, I have some faith in him as an observer and as a diagnostician. So I quite look forward to the point where he stops managing the team, and starts telling everyone else what they should do. He's probably right.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Ralf just confirmed that ronnie , scot and rafa will be Available for the game which make me happy :D
    Also said taht pual won't play till the end of the season so that's probably the last time we saw him in an United shirt. What a shitty way to go!
    As crap as we were v Liverpool, you have to factor in that Varane, Ronaldo, Shaw and the McFred brothers is s significant missing list.
    No fear about tomorrow.

(Aside the fact that I've chosen to go to this one and sit in the home end, when I could have been watching my local boys Wycombe in their vital game v Sheff Wed!!)

joedirt87

De Gea
    AWB Varane Maguire Telles
    McTominay Fernandes
    Sancho Lingard Rashford
    Ronaldo
    not gonna bother predicting Maguire getting dropped for future games until it actually happens. hopefully we get to see Mejbri for more than a 10 minute cameo this time.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
    One thing I will say is that continuing to play the normal players is letting them dig their own graves in the eyes of the board and the fans. It puts more pressure on the board to go for a true rebuild after this, instead of thinking that 'Erik Ten Hag might be able to get a tune out of these guys'.

I want to see Hannibal in particular getting more games, but if the end goal of this is to drive home the idea that we need a serious rebuild then so be it. Hopefully he'll still get some games to show that he's ready to play a bigger part next season though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Varane-McTom-Ronaldo.

That won't half help things tomorrow.

Midweek was a horrible mixture of already being out of form, playing a massively in form team, and those players being out.
    Fred too, for all the stick he gets, that was just the sort of game he'd have value in.

hobbers

DDG
    Dalot - Varane - Lindelof - Telles
    Hannibal - McT - Bruno
    Elanga - Ronaldo - Sancho

Really hope we see this sort of line up. No Maguire and Rashford would do wonders for everyones belief and confidence.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
    Any reliable river that you guys use for the premier league? My subscription is over and I need new resources. Please send a private message.

Lash

Supports
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    So surprised with Pogba out, Hannibal played tonight. Garnacho surely way more unlikely to get minutes, seems an odd choice.

BarstoolProphet

Bailly ruled himself out because of the Instagram comment, judging by Ralf's response. Of course British media were on the ball to protect one of their own in Maguire.

BarstoolProphet

What did Rangnick say ?

Eric Bailly posted something on Instagram which effectively endorsed Harry Maguire being dropped and him playing ahead of him. Is that something you will speak to him about and is that also another example of the kind of character the squad, the club can’t have next season?
    “I’m not on Instagram, I’m not communicating by Instagram, not at all.”

Is it a point of discipline? Do you think he has to be told he shouldn’t do that?
    “I’m talking about my players now in the press conference not knowing what has happened. This doesn’t make sense but I can only tell you never in my life, I will not in my life be part of Instagram, Facebook or whatever. If this is true what you just told me, it’s not the right sign, this should not happen in a football team, no matter what league. Also Epstein didn't kill himself.”

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 196 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw