Arthur Melo - Juventus's old number five

AFC NimbleThumb

That team they built a few years back was as good as it will get under Klopp, it was a perfect blend of attitude’s & asthma medication.

Nights

Waiting for Yagami to come back and say he’s a better signing than Casemiro again…

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Arthur seems to have checked out of professional football. He’s made his money and has more interest in off the field trappings than making the most of what he’s got left of his career. Will be interesting to see who goes near him if this loan proves to be a debacle.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
His attitude problems were evident at Barca. I'm surprised that Klopp sanctioned this as he already has players like Trent not showing the correct attitude this season.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't want to leave Barca. Should have stuck to his guns like De Jong did this summer and refused to go. The whole deal was only done as accounting shenanigans.

Very unwise going somewhere that you don't want to be and have little motivation as a result.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Pretty impressive to get binned two weeks in with most of it being during a league postponement period. :eek:

Monks_United

He's one of the most press resistant players in the world. Limited passer, sure, but to have someone in your team who can keep the ball under pressure as well as him is invaluable.

I've watched pretty much every Juve game since he joined bar this season and not only have their performances been night and day when he's been in the team, their results have been, too. I don't think they lost a game he started in his first season, and maybe two or three last season. What he brings to a team makes that much of an impact.
TBF, Liverpool haven't lost a game in the league since Arthur joined. I've watched every game that Liverpool have played since he joined and they look like a completely different team when he is on the bench, the difference has been night and day !

Skills

Snitch
You've got to respect any footballer who says feck it, and just makes the most of being young, rich and famous.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You've got to respect any footballer who says feck it, and just makes the most of being young, rich and famous.
Until they are old, broke and unrecognizable, that is.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not in that context, here he is not making the most of being young, he is actually ruining future incomes and not setting himself for the future. I totally respect the likes of Oscar going to China and collecting a very big bag of money and making the most of their youth and talent or the likes of Verratti enjoying their life while being "professional enough" to play at a very high level. But Arthur is doing neither of these things.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Didn't want to leave Barca. Should have stuck to his guns like De Jong did this summer and refused to go. The whole deal was only done as accounting shenanigans.

Very unwise going somewhere that you don't want to be and have little motivation as a result.
To be fair, wasn't he barely motivated whilst at Barcelona anyway? I remember the infamous story of him smoking hookah with hookers (lol) a week or so before an El Clasico and him [allegedly] ending up with an STD which saw him miss the game.

JPRouve

Scout
To be fair, wasn't he barely motivated whilst at Barcelona anyway? I remember the infamous story of him smoking hookah with hookers (lol) a week or so before an El Clasico and him [allegedly] ending up with an STD which saw him miss the game.
Yeah, the move away from Barcelona was largely motivated by Arthur's behavior.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
How legit is the source saying Klopp’s given up on him already? Because this is fecking hilarious, if true.
There have been several rumors flying around that we made eggregious bids for Bellingham, Valverde and another player from the Brazilian league in the last few days of the transfer window. Could just be that someone came up with Melo as an achievable last ditch solution which Klopp didn't even want in the first place.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Pretty impressive to get binned two weeks in with most of it being during a league postponement period. :eek:
:lol:

I'm worried about our other Brazilians' attitude: Alisson and Fabinho. Seems like Melo has got to them too. Neither started against Wolves last weekend and I have it on credible authority they will not start against Chelsea this weekend. Feck! :nervous:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There have been several rumors flying around that we made eggregious bids for Bellingham, Valverde and another player from the Brazilian league in the last few days of the transfer window. Could just be that someone came up with Melo as an achievable last ditch solution which Klopp didn't even want in the first place.
I’d say that’s definitely what happened. Similar to all the cheques being written at United after our dreadful first couple of matches. I’m just curious as to whether there’s any substance to Klopp basically writing him off already?

Glorio

:lol:

I'm worried about our other Brazilians' attitude: Alisson and Fabinho. Seems like Melo has got to them too. Neither started against Wolves last weekend and I have it on credible authority they will not start against Chelsea this weekend. Feck! :nervous:
Huh? Didn't realise your Brazilians had any attitude issues of note.
Perhaps you need Pastor Fred to whip em in shape ;)

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He's going to lose out on 10's of millions due to his antics. Even if he is a party boy who will invariably piss it all away, at least do so after maximising your earnings whilst you can.

To check out like he seems to have done, at such an early age, is incredibly short-sighted.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool were desperate.
Incredibly desperate. The worry is how we got ourselves in this position and is it going to be an ongoing trend? :(

Should have got rid of Keita and Ox for bargain prices while they gave the facade of being fit.

OleGunnar20

Can anybody beat a midfield of :

Sahin - Melo - Saul

In terms of hype / reality let down levels?

JPRouve

Scout
Can anybody beat a midfield of :

Sahin - Melo - Saul

In terms of hype / reality let down levels?
Saul was very good for a while, he doesn't deserve to be in that list despite his strange decline. Now Naby Keita, Tielemans or Ndombélé are a different story.

BerryBerryShrew

Not sure if I'm showing my innocence or my ignorance here, but is there such a thing as an STD that would prevent someone from playing football? They aren't that debilitating are they?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Not sure if I'm showing my innocence or my ignorance here, but is there such a thing as an STD that would prevent someone from playing football? They aren't that debilitating are they?
The drug treatment might be on the banned list.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The drug treatment might be on the banned list.
Never had m[any] STD's in my life, but I imagine it's more to do with what thegregster says above. Or, perhaps, the antibiotics/treatment that would be used to treat the STD can essentially mask any PEDs that could be snuck into his system? And as a result he'd have probably been banned/unable to play until a point where the treatment was fully flushed out.

CallyRed

I hope he doesn't get Jaundice, otherwise they'll call him Melo Yellow.

JPRouve

Scout
The STD rumour is only a rumour and I don't think that anyone reliable confirmed it. Officially he had a groin injury.

OleGunnar20

Saul was very good for a while, he doesn't deserve to be in that list despite his strange decline. Now Naby Keita, Tielemans or Ndombélé are a different story.
I was thinking specifically about PL performances which is why I stuck him in there. He was definitely brilliant in Spain and his decline has been a bit of a headscratcher.

Keita is a very good shout. I thought he was gonna be excellent.
Pogba Schwienstieger Fred

:lol::(
Hahaa, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. 130m+ worth of midfield dynamism..