Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wanted him since he was at Leverkusen. Why we didn't move for him then I don't know, his quality was easy to see.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Seems like a proper fan favourite at Juve and he appears to love them back, too. Can't see him wanting to leave unless his wages were improved drastically.

Even if he did invite a move, he'd be top of the list for a host of clubs who would pay more in wages, agent fees and bidding fee than us.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Wanted him since he was at Leverkusen. Why we didn't move for him then I don't know, his quality was easy to see.

I seem to remember Fergie saying that he had never even heard of Vidal and I think that was when he was playing for Juventus!

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
So just so were clear, we shouldn't scout potential record signings, yeah?

Sounds smart.
You'd have expected us to already have done scouting.

If we're going to scout a well known top class player and then judge him on 1 match before deciding to sign him, then yeah I guess that sounds smarter.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
You'd have expected us to already have done scouting.

If we're going to scout a well known top class player and then judge him on 1 match before deciding to sign him, then yeah I guess that sounds smarter.

Why would we scout him if we were of the belief that there was no point? Surely at some point every player has to be scouted for the first time, no?

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Why would we scout him if we were of the belief that there was no point? Surely at some point every player has to be scouted for the first time, no?
Yeah but I highly doubt that this would have been the first time we've scouted him.

For example, Moyes has a 1,000 player dossier with in depth reports on them. And of course he has them prioritised with top targets at the top.

I would assume, that Vidal would be in there somewhere.

Irwinwastheking

It's extremely worrying if true. I don't see how a player of his stature could slip through our scouting network.

Do you think Fergie (a 70 year old man) would be able to name every player we've been scouting or had our scouts look at off the top of his head?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
If we did have a scout or rep there, they could have been looking at Vidal, Marchisio, Dodo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Ljajic, Strootman, maybe Asamoah too.

Still, the scout doesn't just watch the game and think about whether we should buy the player or not, they'd be meeting up with reps from the teams, getting a gauge on how hot or cold a deal is, maybe working out some preliminary numbers and such.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Do you think Fergie (a 70 year old man) would be able to name every player we've been scouting or had our scouts look at off the top of his head?
No, but I would've expected the club to have shown some interest in him when he was leaving Leverkusen and we were looking for a quality midfielder and complaining about no value in the market (Vidal joined Juve for a mere €10 million).

Irwinwastheking

No, but I would've expected the club to have shown some interest in him when he was leaving Leverkusen and we were looking for a quality midfielder and complaining about no value in the market (Vidal joined Juve for a mere €10 million).

70 year old man. Not some kid obsessed with the transfer forum, or FM or compilation videos on youtube. We may well have been interested and he may well not have remembered.

Mister Ed

According to Miguel Delaney, United officials remain in London after the Chelsea game and are trying to sign Mata and Vidal.
Never going to happen but imagine:

------------DDG------------
Rafael--Jones--Evans---Coentrao
------Fletcher--Vidal--------
Januzaj-----Rooney-----Mata
-------------RVP-------------

:drool:

That would compensate for alot that has happend so far, but as I said no way this is going to happen.

Ringo 07

in fairness ESPN are about as credible as the Daily Star.......it's like their articles are written by the same long distance plastic journalist fans who churn out article after article about the fact that Utd should sign players we have no hope of getting like Iniesta and Ronaldo, Pogba, Jack Wilshire etc, similar to the plastic clueless journalists who write endless bile for bleacherreport

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation

That would compensate for alot that has happend so far, but as I said no way this is going to happen.
I'd probably stick Carrick in there for Fletcher, but that aside we'd suddenly be up there with City again.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Where'd you hear that? Vidal and Mata, it's just too good to be true.
He also says that Vidal is more likely we'll try to brig him in the summer but mata can happen pretty soon.i don't think there's any chance for Vidal given he's a key player at a top club who loves him. He'd cost over £50m for sure as well IMO. Would be perfect for us though.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I will seriously go mad. All the players I have always liked and this when there wasn't much chance of them coming to United...Vidal, Gundogan, Mata.. all being linked to us! If we can get 2 out of those 3, it would be awesome!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It seems that Vidal isn't earning much at Juve.
The guy has Juventus tattoos, that doesn't guarantee that he'll stay there for his whole career but it would make me think that a slightly fatter wage packet won't make him up and leave.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Vidal is not untouchable. Juve are a big club but not the very biggest I don't think, and Serie A is second rate. For the right money, Juve would sell, and he would be willing to leave. Unless you are a Juve graduate or Italian, I don't see many top foreign players declaring for Juve at 26 and saying they want to end their career there.

The question is whether it is us he would come to.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Vidal is not untouchable. Juve are a big club but not the very biggest I don't think, and Serie A is second rate. For the right money, Juve would sell, and he would be willing to leave. Unless you are a Juve graduate or Italian, I don't see many top foreign players declaring for Juve at 26 and saying they want to end their career there.

The question is whether it is us he would come to.
Well as Pocco said it seems he isn't earning much at Juve, so maybe money is incentive enough to come to us, and we've never really had a problem paying high wages.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Yeah thats ESPN America though & according to ESPN UK - we havent even bid for Mata yet, nevermind the allegation that Dick Ed's been lounging around London since the weekend tryin to do deals for both Mata & Vidal...

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/275851.html

Would be great to get Mata, but we need more than him to resurrect the season & get that 4th spot.

Probably best not to get muppety-fecked up like most of us did in the summer either...

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

Sorry to crash your dreams but that will never hapen.
There is ni Vlencia for start.

Irwinwastheking

Ain't that far fetched.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."

Complete liabilities to say the least...

Status
Not open for further replies.