Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The fact that the question was "do you want to play in England?" not "do you want to play for United?" is an important difference, considering he answers by referring to United.
I'm willing to bet there's been a mix up somewhere. Would be interesting to see the actual footage.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
This is going to end in tears.

I just don't understand why he'd leave a CL playing team, when he's at his peak to come to us. Not downplaying our pull, this one is difficult to envision.

francobaresi

This reminds me of the Sneijder/Sanchez/Moura threads of days gone by. This will end badly

CantonaGiggs1

I just don't understand why he'd leave a CL playing team, when he's at his peak to come to us. Not downplaying our pull, this one is difficult to envision.

Not at all.

Unlike other idiots who turn us down because of no CL football, Arturo seems to understand the magnitude of our club and league. He probably knows this is just a bump in the road for us. I think he understand what van Gaal is capable of doing.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

:nono: Stop harshing my mellow..

Pronewbie

Peep
The ones that want to play for United tend to keep it hush. Those who are only interested in using the club tend to go the media route.

So basically, unless we've already sewn this up (pending minor issues), I don't like our chances.

Jammydodger7

I don't get why some people think this a massive deal, of course playing in the champions league is a big deal but if Vidal was to look at the fact that we've already spent 60 million and want to improve further, chances are we'll be back there next year, is he gonna give up the chance to play for United because of one season without champions league?

hobbers

Juventus haven't got a hope in hell of winning the CL. Fans and the media get hung up on it but to players i don't think there's a big distinction between a side not in the CL and a side that are likely to be going out before the knockouts.

Meanwhile the distinction between playing in the Premier League and playing in Serie A is colossal. Level of competition. Image rights. Fans that actually turn up. Media coverage. Money. etc

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Perhaps because Juventus are rubbish in Europe and the league isn't that great? PL >>>> Serie A. Not difficult to think that this will only (probably) be one season without any CL football. The weather in Manchester is evem better than in Turin during the months that football is played. Plus in England people go and watch football matches. No more half empty stadiums.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Not sure that CL has anything to do with this potential transfer. More likely that Vidal has got wind of Juve wanting to cash in, at the optimum time, on one of two hot midfield properties (and might prefer to keep the youngest one).

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
There is no doubt in my mind anymore that we are interested. I really think it's whether or not he will agree to join us now and if we will pay the money. Also the reported figure of 32 million seems a bit low to me. What about you guys?

Sherzad

Found This from juventuz forum.. It seems it's not fake.

Actually Vidal is in Chile right now, watching his former team Colo-Colo at the stadium.(Proof:https://twitter.com/ColoColo/status/...466048/photo/1) A journalist asked a few questions and here is the whole interviewhttp://www.latercera.com/noticia/dep...que-pasa.shtml

The way they see it, from a member.

He said that "any player would like to play in one of the biggst teams in the world". Not that "he wanted to play for Man Utd". It was more a respectful answer instead of saying "fuk off already"

gulli_G

Actually Vidal is in Chile right now, watching his former team Colo-Colo at the stadium.(Proof:https://twitter.com/ColoColo/status/...466048/photo/1) A journalist asked a few questions and here is the whole interviewhttp://www.latercera.com/noticia/dep...que-pasa.shtml

He said that "any player would like to play in one of the biggst teams in the world". Not that "he wanted to play for Man Utd". It was more a respectful answer instead of saying "fuk off already"
arturON for few mins, now arturOFF, ;(

Sweet Square

Sums up my thoughts on the interview, the only interesting part of the interview was when Vidal said "I'm enjoying my holidays, and when I return to Italy I'll see what happens." I'll admit that is a slightly strange thing to say but overall there's no reason for any Juva fan to be worrying plus since Van Gaal was named manager no one in the media has a clue what's happening at United.

Almost the less the news the better.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

So basically he said anyone would want to play for United (one of the biggest clubs in the world). It so frigging on! As long as we can agree a fee with Juve as most reports have been saying

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The direct quote translated by google translate:

"I've heard the rumors, but did not speak it anymore.'m Enjoying the holidays and when I return to Italy I'll see what happens. I am very quiet and we all like to get one of the best teams in the world."

CantonaGiggs1

"he escuchado los rumores, pero no he hablado más del tema. Estoy disfrutando las vacaciones y cuando vuelva a Italia veré que pasa. Estoy muy tranquilo y a todos nos gustaría estar en uno de los mejores equipos del mundo".

"I have heard the rumors, but I haven't talked much on the subject. I am enjoying my vacation and when I return to Italy I will see what happens. I am very calm and we would all like to be on one of the biggest/best clubs in the world"

Adnan

Talent Spotter
#gds report Van Gaal would be willing to offer €40~45m for #Vidal but at the moment Juve have not received any offer.

hobbers

Juve fans are always going to be blinkered about it. They don't quite realise how far down the pecking order Serie A has fallen. Easy to forget your place when you stroll to the title in a cone league every season.

Saying "everyone would be happy playing at one of the biggest teams in the world" while the topic is United would obviously be an odd thing for a player to say if they had no plans on moving.

Put it this way. The standard, lukewarm, 'giving nothing away' response to those sort of questions would be "Yes they are a big club but I don't know of any interest and I'm very happy at Juventus". His response was anything but lukewarm.

I mean, he didn't even say he was happy at Juve for feck sake. That is "keeping your current fans/club happy" 101.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.