Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah, I've just been waiting on the news of a bid by bayern.

I really hope this goes through just so I can see the knob heads on that juve forum crying their eyes out.
He's not a Pep player and there's some, if not bad, then certainly odd blood between Bayern and the player for rejecting them the last time.

But, I'd expect all of England's top clubs to be interested in him as he'd take any one of the midfields to the next level.

Said earlier in the thread he, in theory, is a Mourinho dream signing as he offers everything Mourinho wants in a midfielder, so if they're not going in for him, it would lead me to believe he doesn't want to go there rather than them not being interested.
Which other clubs can afford the wage and transfer fee package at his age though ?

Real are getting Kroos on top of all they have, Barca don't want a midfielder plus he isn't tiki taka, Bayern he has a past dispute with plus he isn't pep type of retain possession mid. Arsenal won't spend that much wage and money wise on a 27 year old.

It's only Chelsea i can see who'd fit. City are hamstrung by FFP and they seem to be taking it more seriously than PSG.
All of the top PL clubs could afford him and the package, or sell to make way for him if needs be. Really don't think the financial aspect is an issue with this one as I can't see anyone not making the allowances to bring Vidal in.

Looking at it objectively, if this does go through without a hitch, he's definitely chosen us.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Everyone seems to think he's the best all round midfielder around. What a signing this would be if we pull it off.

Hamadovich86

I need to get a hold of myself becoming overly optimistic about this *must remember all the transfer heartache* ...

alastair

ignorant
The rumours here seem to derive from the Daily Star which is then used in reports from Chilean papers which then seem very reliable when in fact they're not.

I appreciate United are trying to do business quietly (although everyone knew about Shaw) but this just seems unlikely to me.

Bojan11

The rumours here seem to derive from the Daily Star which is then used in reports from Chilean papers which then seem very reliable when in fact they're not.

I appreciate United are trying to do business quietly (although everyone knew about Shaw) but this just seems unlikely to me.
What are you talking about?

Vidal was talking to daily star?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This couldn't be more on, even if he was already at Carrington after passing a medical and signing the contract and analysing the impressive size of King Louis's cahoonas.

FromTheBench

Rumors started from Italian media with mention in the english just that we are interested after that.

Chilean newspapers did their own pretty detailed reports with medical condition stuff. Now Italian one is carrying it again with Spanish refurbishing the Chilean reports.

What does Daily Star have to do with it ?

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No, but it's all very bland and he didn't really say anything.

I think everyone knows Vidal/Pogba are available for the right price but there'll be loads of suitors for them. Long way to go yet.
I think most people know there's a long way to go yet. We don't need an arsenal fan on here telling us that and also trying to convince himself it won't happen. You just signed a good player yourself, stop acting desperate.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I guess your alittle behind...

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

"The only thing bound to Manchester, is the label of pathetic chokers and braindead fans who are stupid enough to think a beloved juventus hero would go to the filthy english continent, leave beautifull italian women to be surrounded by english trolls called "carol" or "shanon", in a putrid city of filth"

"
So England is a continent? and the main reason that Vidal (who is married to a stunner Btw) won't leave Italy is so that he can be surrounded by other women.
I'm actually feeling a bit more confident if that is what they think

Bojan11

So England is a continent? and the main reason that Vidal (who is married to a stunner Btw) won't leave Italy is so that he can be surrounded by other women.
I'm actually feeling a bit more confident if that is what they think
Vidals wife is from Chile. I mean he's supporting Germany because his son was born there. So he met his wife before he went to Italy.

These stupid Juve fans. Don't even know where their wags are from.

Becknaldolencia

Starting to have the feelings that this one will happen. All of last week, Evra was supposed to have signed for Juventus, so, what's the delay, why hasn't he done that yet? I think United are using their interest in Evra to work out something re: Vidal. It might happen.
We've heard from multiple sources that Evra to Juve will be announced on Monday. Let's see.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
07/13/2014 1:30 MundoDeportivo.com
Manchester United
have agreed to the signing of Arturo Vidal. As noted by Chilean newspaper La Tercera, the agent of Juventus player, Fernando Felicevich, would have used his trip to London to further close the transfer of Barcelona player Alexis Sanchez Arsenal, negotiate the incorporation of Vidal to 'hell Reds'.

According to the report, the group will be Louis Van Gaal from this year paid Juventus 40 million euros plus transfer Patrice Evra, worth 3 million euros. Vidal had a contract until 2017 with the 'Vecchia Signora'. In the next few hours the official statement is expected.

Leer más: http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140...chester-united_54411055742.html#ixzz37KZASjAJ
Síguenos en: https://twitter.com/@mundodeportivo | http://facebook.com/MundoDeportivo.com

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=www.mundodeportivo.com&langpair=es|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8
Hell reds.......... I LIKE it

Becknaldolencia

It would be an unbelievable signing if it goes through.

Only Modric will excite me more as a CM.

This won't be as simple as it seems now. But we've heard from player himself and he pretty much says that he wants the move.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
It would be an unbelievable signing if it goes through.

Only Modric will excite me more as a CM.

This won't be as simple as it seems now. But we've heard from player himself and he pretty much says that he wants the move.
Modric doesn't have anything on Vidal. Vidal is the best central midfielder in the world, he's just so complete.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not sure of others views but I've always felt we badly suffered against possession based teams, our midfield just wasn't capable of winning the ball back. However with the possibility of having a Herrera/Vidal midfield it's now a polar opposite. It will also mean we can get a lot more of the ball ourselves.

Becknaldolencia

Modric doesn't have anything on Vidal. Vidal is the best central midfielder in the world, he's just so complete.
Let's not go into a Vidal vs Modric argument here. I personally think Modric is the best CM in the world right now.

But I would absolutely love Vidal.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
07/13/2014 1:30 MundoDeportivo.com
Manchester United
have agreed to the signing of Arturo Vidal. As noted by Chilean newspaper La Tercera, the agent of Juventus player, Fernando Felicevich, would have used his trip to London to further close the transfer of Barcelona player Alexis Sanchez Arsenal, negotiate the incorporation of Vidal to 'hell Reds'.

According to the report, the group will be Louis Van Gaal from this year paid Juventus 40 million euros plus transfer Patrice Evra, worth 3 million euros. Vidal had a contract until 2017 with the 'Vecchia Signora'. In the next few hours the official statement is expected.

Leer más: http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140...chester-united_54411055742.html#ixzz37KZASjAJ
Síguenos en: https://twitter.com/@mundodeportivo | http://facebook.com/MundoDeportivo.com

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=www.mundodeportivo.com&langpair=es|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8
Mundo Deportivo says themselves in the headline that the deal is very close (more or less that it isn't done), yet later (under the picture) they write that it is done.
They claim that the deal will be for €40m + Evra.

Their source, La Tercera writes nothing about the deal being done or close to done, but just writes about a interview Vidal did where his response to the interest from the Premier league was something along "everyone would love to play for one of the greatest clubs in the world", and that it was hardly the "i want to stay at Juventus" that Juventus fans would be hoping for.

To me, it seems like Mundo Deportivo is spouting shit just to get clicks, by twisting their source and slapping on a imaginary price tag + player deal. Nothing to see, move on.

Sources:
La Tercera

Mundo Deportivo

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Mundo Deportivo says themselves in the headline that the deal is very close (more or less that it isn't done), yet later (under the picture) they write that it is done.
They claim that the deal will be for €40m + Evra.

Their source, La Tercera writes nothing about the deal being done or close to done, but just writes about a interview Vidal did where his response to the interest from the Premier league was something along "everyone would love to play for one of the greatest clubs in the world", and that it was hardly the "i want to stay at Juventus" that Juventus fans would be hoping for.

To me, it seems like Mundo Deportivo is spouting shit just to get clicks, by twisting their source and slapping on a imaginary price tag + player deal. Nothing to see, move on.

Sources:
La Tercera

Mundo Deportivo
The price tag isn't from MD's imagination, it's what La Tercera reported a few days ago, which the spanish dailies now all seem to be picking up on. In the same article they reported that our representatives met with Vidal's and came to an agreement. The question is then whether La Tercera have heard this straight from Vidal's agent, or are just making it up/regurgitating bollocks from other countries.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Vidal will be a top signing he's becoming a tad overrated though (not just on here, on twitter too). He isn't a better player than Yaya or Modric. I would prefer signing him over Yaya despite the fact Yaya is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.