Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

Vidal will be a top signing he's becoming a tad overrated though (not just on here, on twitter too). He isn't a better player than Yaya or Modric. I would prefer signing him over Yaya despite the fact Yaya is better.
He's better right now than Yaya tbh. Yaya has more sort of highlight moments maybe, but though Vidal has them too but in lesser quantity, he has higher mobility and workrate and doesn't tire in the 70th minute.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
The price tag isn't from MD's imagination, it's what La Tercera reported a few days ago, which the spanish dailies now all seem to be picking up on. In the same article they reported that our representatives met with Vidal's and came to an agreement. The question is then whether La Tercera have heard this straight from Vidal's agent, or are just making it up/regurgitating bollocks from other countries.
Would you mind giving me some concrete articles from Le Tercera?
As you saw, my sources were based on the two articles that I've been sent earlier.
Based on those it looked like md was pulling shite out of their ass to get a story put together and generate clicks.

mufcwarm92

Vidal will be a top signing he's becoming a tad overrated though (not just on here, on twitter too). He isn't a better player than Yaya or Modric. I would prefer signing him over Yaya despite the fact Yaya is better.
Well those two are absolutely superb in what they do and probably better players, but Vidal is simply the best all rounder in world football - he can do everything a midfielder needs to do pretty well.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
If I had a pound for every time someone posted this kind of post I'd be able to buy Vidal to play football in my back garden.
I'm not saying it won't happen, and I think there's a chance of this transfer happening. Just not as certain as some would have you believe.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
He's better right now than Yaya tbh. Yaya has more sort of highlight moments maybe, but though Vidal has them too but in lesser quantity, he has higher mobility and workrate and doesn't tire in the 70th minute.
Disagree. Yaya is a better player than Vidal he doesn't work defensively which is why I would pick Vidal if I was buying.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Well those two are absolutely superb in what they do and probably better players, but Vidal is simply the best all rounder in world football - he can do everything a midfielder needs to do pretty well.
Better than Modric ? I disagree. He's nothing like the creator and dictator Modric is. He isn't an elite creator at all. While Modric also works hard defensively.

Modric is the best of the three for me.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
City, PSG and Real Madrid monitoring the situation.
City are adhering to FFP. PSG have already spunked £50m on Coco The Clown. Real Madrid have Kroos in the bag.

Plus Vidal seems the type to join clubs with prestige and history, so that rules City/PSG out.

buckooo1978

My gut still tells me there's a bumper contract offer in the future for Vidal at Juve - I hope I'm wrong but Manchester United are one of the Worlds best at being used by players for new contracts

Would love Vidal at United but gonna keep myself dubious until Woody has the arm round him wearing the sacred red

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Would you mind giving me some concrete articles from Le Tercera?
As you saw, my sources were based on the two articles that I've been sent earlier.
Based on those it looked like md was pulling shite out of their ass to get a story put together and generate clicks.
http://www.latercera.com/noticia/de...su-arribo-al-poderoso-manchester-united.shtml

"And the talks prospered, as the whole Old Trafford did get a million dollar proposal to Juventus for U.S. $ 55 million, taking advantage also of interest from Turin in one of their players. In this scenario, is that the next team negotiated delivery Van Gaal French Patrice Evra (worth 3 million euros), thinking closer relations with the Italians and so get the Turin finally accediesen to sell to Vidal"

"Advanced times, the talks between the clubs and the player's agent, thinking of the contract, of San Joaquin, threw the first signs of an understanding, which was fine-tuned in the coming days, leaving paved the arrival of king Arthur to England."

Those are the parts in question, I imagine.

Stretch

My gut still tells me there's a bumper contract offer in the future for Vidal at Juve - I hope I'm wrong but Manchester United are one of the Worlds best at being used by players for new contracts

Would love Vidal at United but gonna keep myself dubious until Woody has the arm round him wearing the sacred red
This is certainly not about a new contract. He signed a new deal with Juve in December last year if I recall correctly.

mufcwarm92

Better than Modric ? I disagree. He's nothing like the creator and dictator Modric is. He isn't an elite creator at all. While Modric also works hard defensively.

Modric is the best of the three for me.
Well I said pound for pound both Modric and Yaya are probably better, mainly for their exceptional ability going forward. But as an all rounder Vidal is better IMO, in the sense that he's as good defensively as he is going forward, and can run for days. Not sure anyone else is so well rounded a player, though Schweinsteiger is close and Gündogan and Ramsey could be in the future.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
http://www.latercera.com/noticia/de...su-arribo-al-poderoso-manchester-united.shtml

"And the talks prospered, as the whole Old Trafford did get a million dollar proposal to Juventus for U.S. $ 55 million, taking advantage also of interest from Turin in one of their players. In this scenario, is that the next team negotiated delivery Van Gaal French Patrice Evra (worth 3 million euros), thinking closer relations with the Italians and so get the Turin finally accediesen to sell to Vidal"

"Advanced times, the talks between the clubs and the player's agent, thinking of the contract, of San Joaquin, threw the first signs of an understanding, which was fine-tuned in the coming days, leaving paved the arrival of king Arthur to England."

Those are the parts in question, I imagine.
I see, thank you for the link.
No doubt the ball falls on La Tercera's reputation then if it's wrong.

legball

We've heard from multiple sources that Evra to Juve will be announced on Monday. Let's see.
Might as well be announced on Monday, but multiple sources also mentioned that it will be announced on various days last week, by the way, am not talking about a swap deal, am saying, United will surely be using their interest as leverage for talks on Vidal.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Screw Vidal jerseys, I recommend Vidal haircuts for all if this goes through.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm just waiting for Ogden or somebody of that ilk to come out and say we've passed on our interest. signing him would just be too good to be true. It isn't a united signing.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
He's not overrated at all IMO, if anything he was underrated previously. I think he's comfortably better than Toure who is much more of a luxury midfielder, his best work comes going forward but unlike Vidal he can't do that without hindering his defensive contribution. Modric is a lot closer, personally prefer Vidal's style but both are excellent.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Respectful answer?! Come on if Rooney had said that he would have been lynched in here.

It was very much the old Ronaldo-Madrid answer. Sounds to me like he wants the move, otherwise why not just say I'm happy in Italy, love the club and want to stay....
Him acting pretty costed him a move to Real Madrid.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I really need to know, does Niall own "La Tercera" ?

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
None of the "I'm happy in Italy, I want to continue playing here" blah blah blah. I think he wants to go to a different league, Hopefully this will be done next week.

Zoo

I don't think any footballers are like that now, if PSG offered Vidal more money he would go there, let's just hope that isn't the case.
Maybe but I think the fact that Van Gaal has wanted him ever since his Leverkusen days counts for a lot. As well as us being a huge club in one of the best leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.