Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Well I said pound for pound both Modric and Yaya are probably better, mainly for their exceptional ability going forward. But as an all rounder Vidal is better IMO, in the sense that he's as good defensively as he is going forward, and can run for days. Not sure anyone else is so well rounded a player, though Schweinsteiger is close and Gündogan and Ramsey could be in the future.
Yeah I would put Schweinsteiger up there but he is too injury prone now. I think you're underrating Modric's defensive game though. Personally I really don't think Vidal is what we need. But it's hard to say no to a player of his quality.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
What do we reckon lads?

I'm taking it as a positive sign that the Evra deal hasn't gone through yet - it looks like him to Juve is being made contingent on Vidal to United.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
He's not overrated at all IMO, if anything he was underrated previously. I think he's comfortably better than Toure who is much more of a luxury midfielder, his best work comes going forward but unlike Vidal he can't do that without hindering his defensive contribution. Modric is a lot closer, personally prefer Vidal's style but both are excellent.
He is overrated to me, he isn't better than Toure or Modric so that makes him overrated. He isn't underrated because everyone acknowledges he is a top cm. How can you call Yaya a luxury player, he won City the title. Vidal doesn't have anything near Yaya's quality going forward. Both Yaya and Modric are better matchwinners than Vidal. His workrate and defensive contribution makes it closer. But he has less ability than the other two.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What do we reckon lads?

I'm taking it as a positive sign that the Evra deal hasn't gone through yet - it looks like him to Juve is being made contingent on Vidal to United.
Exactly that. It's a straightforward deal, we've got his replacement already and it's not like finding a backup left back is going to be difficult.

red_devil83

I don't think any footballers are like that now, if PSG offered Vidal more money he would go there, let's just hope that isn't the case.
Moving to PSG is basically playing for Celtic but with more money. The domestic trophies literally don't count for anything. If you want competition, then the PL is the only place to be

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
What do we reckon lads?

Imagine if we were expecting Evra to Juve to be announced and instead Evra plus £X for Vidal was announced :drool:.

eddiebb

gobshite
He is overrated to me, he isn't better than Toure or Modric so that makes him overrated. He isn't underrated because everyone acknowledges he is a top cm. How can you call Yaya a luxury player, he won City the title. Vidal doesn't have anything near Yaya's quality going forward. Both Yaya and Modric are better matchwinners than Vidal. His workrate and defensive contribution makes it closer. But he has less ability than the other two.
Keane never scored more than 5 league goals in a season and Scholes scored 20 goals a season or close a couple of times, but I know which one of them was the better player and it wasn't the wee ginger maestro, as much as I love him.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I've done a tour of the Spanish press and gossip sites. There's a lot of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a result in the reports. However the 2 and 2 appears to be:
Clubs asking about Pogba are getting a straight no and they don't believe Juve will change position unless Pogba forces it. This is also why PSG are now so keen on Di Maria.
Clubs (not called United) have enquired about Vidal but aren't getting past his agent.

So, they think it adds up to Vidal wants a PL move and United are his preferred option. Meanwhile United are trying to come up with a deal that works for Juve and us.

Not quite a done deal but "closing."

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Moving to PSG is basically playing for Celtic but with more money. The domestic trophies literally don't count for anything. If you want competition, then the PL is the only place to be
It's almost, just almost, like you're a little biased.:lol:

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I don't think any footballers are like that now, if PSG offered Vidal more money he would go there, let's just hope that isn't the case.
Wouldn't you say that's part of the reason RVP chose us over City?

Kaos

That Juve forum, jaysus :lol:

If he does sign for us I really want to go over there and gloat them to tears.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
This is going to end in tears.

I just don't understand why he'd leave a CL playing team, when he's at his peak to come to us. Not downplaying our pull, this one is difficult to envision.
Hopefully it's one year without C.L football, he'll get paid a whole lot more and for future sucess I don't see us as less likely to win major trophies then us. Financially they're nowhere near United and I think looking forward more than 6 months we are an attractive option.

red_devil83

It's almost, just almost, like you're a little biased.:lol:
C'mon, playing for PSG is not really for players who want a challenge. Of course you're playing with better players, for more money and in a nicer place than Glasgow but domesticlly, you can only not fail, same as at Celtic. Success can only be achieved in Europe. It's either a retirement home or a stepping stone.

The point may be a little stretched but it's hard not to see how players choosing PSG are choosing the easy life or on a world tour (Zlatan). Any player who chooses PSG is not someone we want imo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
C'mon, playing for PSG is not really for players who want a challenge. Of course you're playing with better players, for more money and in a nicer place than Glasgow but domesticlly, you can only not fail, same as at Celtic. Success can only be achieved in Europe. It's either a retirement home or a stepping stone.

The point may be a little stretched but it's hard not to see how players choosing PSG are choosing the easy life or on a world tour (Zlatan). Any player who chooses PSG is not someone we want imo.
They're an emerging force in Europe, and some players love those kind of challenges, when backed with huge wages.

I want PSG to really smash some more money around to see what they'll do about FFP.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't get the over importance on the champions league.

We're Man Utd for goodness sake. It's one year we might be missing only, we're not a Tottenham who snuck in there once and once only.

50k a week extra to what he's on, chance to play under a top manager, who will no doubt tell him the comeback plans we have, and why not?

Obviously my stock position is thinking it won't happen!

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Head: Never in a million years.

Heart: Just fecking yes!

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Not necessarily, the reports of Evra going to Juve also said it would only be announced next week. I wouldn't read too much into that.
Depends what reports you're reading. Since the start of the week just gone, many outlets reported that the Evra move to Juve was imminent. It seems to me that there's been a hold up of sorts. Irrespective, the deal for Evra must surely have been used to smooth the ground for Vidal.

Silverman

Some on the Juventus Forum are saying that all the main media outlets including Di Marzio are saying nothing about Vidal leaving.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Doesnt seem like this has been posted:

A hosts of top players, Dutch or otherwise, have been linked to Manchester United since Louis van Gaal was appointed in the Old Trafford hotseat.

Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal has been one of the stars most linked with the Red Devils.

The 27-year-old is hot property in this transfer window after a shining World Cup campaign, with German giants Bayern Munich also thought to be interested in the playmaker.

But despite fierce opposition, the foreign press still believe United to be in pole position to sign the player...

United in ‘advanced talks’ with Vidal’s agent

Chilean newspaper Latercera report that Man United have paved the way for Vidal’s move to Old Trafford after holding significant talks with the player’s representatives.

The Juve man shares the same agent as compatriot Alexis Sanchez, and United are said to have taken advantage of Fernando Felicevich’s presence on English soil, having seen over Alexis Sanchez’s £30million move to Arsenal this week.

Talks reportedly concluded with a player-plus-cash deal on the table, thought to be around £30million together with the transfer of full-back Patrice Evra, who is set to leave Manchester this summer.

Vidal is currently on holiday following his World Cup campaign, and is quoted as saying: "I've heard the rumors, but I won’t speak of it anymore.

“I'm enjoying the holidays and when I return to Italy I'll see what happens, but we all want to play for one of the best teams in the world."

Red Devils have quizzed Chile doctors over Vidal’s fitness

Reports in Italy have suggested United have approached doctors from the Chile camp regarding Vidal’s physical condition.

The midfielder underwent major knee surgery just five weeks before the World Cup, having struggled with a long-term problem in his right knee throughout the second half of Juve’s title-winning Serie A campaign.

Vidal played a key part in that win and there were rumours the Italian side had delayed surgery until the end of the season.

He played just 60 minutes of Chile’s World Cup opener against Australia and was doubt for their second tie against Spain, though he eventually started and played 88 minutes in the 2-0 win, a result which knocked the holders out of the competition.

Italian sports paper Corriere dello Sport claim that, despite Vidal’s supposed injury comeback in Brazil, the Red Devils are seeking assurances over his fitness ahead of a £35million cash-only deal for the box-to-box star.

http://talksport.com/football/i-wan...le-star-closer-man-united-switch-140713101440

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His quotes have been reported on many other sites aswell..

Feed Me

I'm hungry
His current team shockingly didn't do well last season. Perhaps 1 step back to go 2 forwards if he thinks we're more of a contender for the crown.
Yeah. Anyone with their head screwed on will see that LvG will get us back in to the CL next season.

Amazing that many - myself included - would have been happy with Holland crashing out early so LvG could get down to business at United. In the end, staying to the very end has probably swelled his reputation to the extent that certain players may now be more than willing to come on board for the project that will take place here in the next year or two, despite having no CL in the short term.

El-Manos

Vidal realizes that the premier league is far more competitive compared to the serie A. If he wants to get recognised on the big scene, such a move in my opinion is essential and he realizes that as well.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
TBH the PL is soo bloody overrated its ridiculous.
Most of the top players in the world don't even play in it!

Jammydodger7

Looking on Juventuz.org I really hope this signing happens, not because he's a great player but because it would really hurt those idiots! They're actually worse than RAWK!

One guy posted saying that there's a chance that this could happen and that they can't afford to sell Vidal because others would want to leave and people will start looking at Juve as a feeder club, one guy replied asking him to be banned because he must be a united fan :houllier::lol:

They now want to ban new people from opening new accounts in case this does happen and United fans start trolling them.:lol:

C'est Moi Cantona

TBH the PL is soo bloody overrated its ridiculous.
Most of the top players in the world don't even play in it!
It's competitive, and exciting which is why it sells abroad so well, but we keep losing the top players to Spain, hopefully that trend will change but until it does it's hard to say we have the best league.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Imagine how gutting it will be if we agree a fee, agree personal terms - Vidal is picturing flying in on a helicopter to meet Woodward....then he fails the medical!

Sparky Rhiwabon

Vidal realizes that the premier league is far more competitive compared to the serie A. If he wants to get recognised on the big scene, such a move in my opinion is essential and he realizes that as well.
Yeah, because all those Premier League stars really lit up the World Cup haven't they???

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
With Giggs, Ferdinand, Vidic and now Evra all exiting, that's easily £500k/week off the wage bill. Then take off the likes of Young, Hernandez and hopefully Fellaini and that is some serious cash cleared up.

That's around £750,000 per week or £39m a year off the wage bill. Our wage bill for last year was £182m and was 50% of our turnover. With those 7 players leaving we would reduce the wage bill down to £143m, probably around £153m with Herrera and Shaw taken into account and take our wages down to around 42% of our turnover. Bare in mind this is of the previous years turnover and next years is likely to be around the same with +TvDeal and -UCL. The following year however if we have UCL back (which we really should) our wages/turnover should be very low... which suggests that we can definitely invest in a few players of Vidal's quality at £200k a week.

gulli_G

I don't get the over importance on the champions league.

We're Man Utd for goodness sake. It's one year we might be missing only, we're not a Tottenham who snuck in there once and once only.

50k a week extra to what he's on, chance to play under a top manager, who will no doubt tell him the comeback plans we have, and why not?

Obviously my stock position is thinking it won't happen!
He joined Juve when they weren't in the CL, said it wasn't a problem as they would be there next season.

C'est Moi Cantona

With Giggs, Ferdinand, Vidic and now Evra all exiting, that's easily £500k/week off the wage bill. Then take off the likes of Young, Hernandez and hopefully Fellaini and that is some serious cash cleared up.

That's around £750,000 per week or £39m a year off the wage bill. Our wage bill for last year was £182m and was 50% of our turnover. With those 7 players leaving we would reduce the wage bill down to £143m, probably around £153m with Herrera and Shaw taken into account and take our wages down to around 42% of our turnover. Bare in mind this is of the previous years turnover and next years is likely to be around the same with +TvDeal and -UCL. The following year however if we have UCL back (which we really should) our wages/turnover should be very low... which suggests that we can definitely invest in a few players of Vidal's quality at £200k a week.

Estimates say this years ending will be around £430 million so quite a bit higher, the following we will feel the impact of no CL but taking into account a few things we may do to make up for it, I can't see us been hit by much more than £25-£30 million, absolutely key we get back into the CL places this season as the TV deal about doubles.

Re the wages think Mata needs adding in.

ravi2

Yeah. Anyone with their head screwed on will see that LvG will get us back in to the CL next season.

Amazing that many - myself included - would have been happy with Holland crashing out early so LvG could get down to business at United. In the end, staying to the very end has probably swelled his reputation to the extent that certain players may now be more than willing to come on board for the project that will take place here in the next year or two, despite having no CL in the short term.
I feel the same way... I think LVG's performance in brasil has opened a few more doors for us.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This is going to hurt so much more when he stays put. He was the unsignable man only weeks ago. It's like pulling Margot Robbie, only for her to run away as soon as you get her bra off.

Status
Not open for further replies.