Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Manos

Just that the Premier League is not quite as good as we think it is, generally
A world cup scene is not comparable to the competitiveness of a league and I assume you know that. Van Gaal got the best out of an average set of players out of the Eredivisie, does that make it better than the premier league? I think not.

Cletus

Slack jawed yokels can have good taste in football
Yeah. Anyone with their head screwed on will see that LvG will get us back in to the CL next season.

Amazing that many - myself included - would have been happy with Holland crashing out early so LvG could get down to business at United. In the end, staying to the very end has probably swelled his reputation to the extent that certain players may now be more than willing to come on board for the project that will take place here in the next year or two, despite having no CL in the short term.
Hopefully not just back in, but looking like serious contenders for it again.

I wanted Louis to win it for a few reasons, mainly for our and his reputation. It's also would have brought a lot of hope since he can turn a team written off as one of the least superstar-laden Dutch teams in recent history and turn them into world-champion material.

C'est Moi Cantona

Re the Bayern Munich link isn't this unlikely after he broke a promise a few years ago, don't know the full story but something like if the selling club wouldn't sell, he'd promised to run his contract down & join then, after this one their bosses said he isn't welcome anymore.

If we can rule them out then is there any viable competition for him.

NoPace

TBH the PL is soo bloody overrated its ridiculous.
Most of the top players in the world don't even play in it!
The depth of quality and visibility are pretty strong, though. Especially now, with Arsenal's spending, Rodgers transforming Liverpool and Van Gaal taking over for us, there really should be 5 very, very good (as in 10 in the world) Prem sides this year, and Spurs and Everton both have lots of talent and young managers who play attractive styles.

NMF

If this does happen where would this be ranked in our exciting signings?

Browniee

Up there most definatley.

Rooney, Ruud and RvP were jizz crazy. I think the fact that we are desperate for a ball playing warrior in CM adds to te excitement.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Up there most definatley.

Rooney, Ruud and RvP were jizz crazy. I think the fact that we are desperate for a ball playing warrior in CM adds to te excitement.
Definitely, and not just any either. Vidal. fecking Vidal.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I don't want to get too excited, but it seems like this is actually happening, doesn't it?

F.A.P.
I don't know, I struggle to sift out the actual reliable facts from a lot of muppetry and general discussion. It would be good, for players like this, to have a separate thread with all the reliably sourced articles, quotes, tweets, etc all together in a timeline with no discussion allowed, maybe only a few people are allowed to post on it.

Stretford Red1978

I feel the same way... I think LVG's performance in brasil has opened a few more doors for us.
Agree that must have turned a few heads and stopped any doubters! Ok so he didn't win the WC but got a lot further than some predicted!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Berbatov? I swear the caf was in total delight when the deal was sealed
I was pissed off because I was a Tevez fan. :)

Rooney will always be at #1 for me because it felt at the time like we were signing a true world class talent to remember. Vidal is right up there though for me, probably #2 or #3.

Stretford Red1978

I mean instead of needing to buy a round table, may as well just place the contract on Anderson.

It was clearly a terrible joke as it needed me to explain it :lol: My apologies.
It wasn't terrible! My darkened mind wanted to imagine someone putting a hit out on Anderson that's all! :lol:

wonnie

No doubt he is world class - but he probably isn't as an exciting as the likes of Rooney, RvP, Berbatov, Mata. Probably because he isn't a creative playmaker nor a world class attacker.

But he is EXACTLY the type of midfielder we have needed in CM. Will be a huge asset.

Midnight1811

I was excited when we signed RvP. Dead certain he would have gone City. That would have been bad after they won the league as well.

Then we have Mata. Such a classy guy.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So does anyone know when Vidal is due back from Holiday... quite an important question considering the man himself has said that he won't think about his future until he is back from holiday...

They were knocked out by Brazil 2 weeks ago now, so I'm guessing a week or two more and he'll be back for pre-season with Juve?

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Juventus haven't got a hope in hell of winning the CL. Fans and the media get hung up on it but to players i don't think there's a big distinction between a side not in the CL and a side that are likely to be going out before the knockouts.

Meanwhile the distinction between playing in the Premier League and playing in Serie A is colossal. Level of competition. Image rights. Fans that actually turn up. Media coverage. Money. etc
In that case wouldn't he choose to go to PSG, City or whoever is else is willing to splash the cash?

Anyways, this is my favorite reply. Arsenal have a better shot of winning the CL than Juve. And Arsenal are not getting anywhere near that trophy.

Kaos

Conversely, where would this rank as our failures?

1) Sniejder
2) Alcantara
3) Ozil
4)Vidal
5) Moura
6)Hazard
7) Kaka
8) Ronaldo
9) Hargreaves 2006
10) Hererra 2013
Kaka wasn't even a thing, that was just trolling by Spoony and a bunch of other caftards that somehow went viral and materialized as bogus transfer rumours.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Conversely, where would this rank as our failures?

1) Sniejder
2) Alcantara
3) Ozil
4)Vidal
5) Moura
6)Hazard
7) Kaka
8) Ronaldo
9) Hargreaves 2006
10) Hererra 2013
Strangely enough the Huntelaar and Benzema failures shook me more than most of these.

Oh, and Sanchezter United.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Kaka wasn't even a thing, that was just trolling by Spoony and a bunch of other caftards that somehow went viral and materialized as bogus transfer rumours.
Oh that's right. Milan Star Dreams of United. :D

As mentioned earlier, Sanchez, Huntelaar and Benzema it is then.

Status
Not open for further replies.