"As imagined by Sportsmail's reporter....."

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
That's true, it's a step in the right direction for them.

I am just still in shock that they would publish it
Shock?

What that the Daily Mail produces slightly dodgy article. Were you expecting better or worse?

Ace of Spades

Meh, it is fictional and at least they admit it. Still seems like they have a lot of free time on their hands if they are writing fanfiction instead of actual stories.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's already done what they wanted. Generate clicks from rival fans who think it is funny and clicks from United fans who think it's outrageous.

You want it to stop? Then stop paying attention to it.
Indeed. UK would be a much better place without the Daily Mail. Just don't click any of their shite articles and they'll soon go out of business. All they have left is their online revenue as paper format is gradually dying.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Well, yes. I imagined it was written in jest (despite Sam's seemingly desperation to get Mourinho sacked). Problem is though, it's hardly even funny. I think it's safe to say even DM were fairly sure it wasn't that great when they moved it down their sports page fairly sharpish and buried it a bit.

Either way, highlights how easy it seems to be nowadays to be a 'journalist'
It would be mildly amusing if it was written by a poster in the Mourinho Out thread, but as is it's hard to take that sports journalist seriously. It's a self-demotion IMV.
I visit the dailymail once in a while when i need to read something ridiculous or experience gutter journalism at its finest form, then i head to the comment section and usually their 2 year old toddler readers are quick to jump on the anti-united agenda and poke fun at United, but for the first time ever, i saw a united front of fans all over the world calling out Adam Crafton for the shame of an article that is. The bias is now so obvious you don't even have to doubt the media has an agenda anymore.
It's the Daily Fail for chrissake. It was rumoured(ah there go those damn rumours again)that before the start of the 2016/17 season Man City invited senior figures/journalists from the DM to a lavish slap up meal(and probably an 80's disco night to follow) at the Etihad. If true why would they do that ? Favourable press maybe ? Constant criticism of those pesky Reds to boot - dismissed it as shit-stirring nonsense at the time, but the following month there were 13 articles in the DM about how United's academy was in disarray, and how City were light years ahead on youth development and will continue to pull away from United(now there may be some truth in it, but 13 articles, seriously ?)

So maybe there was/is some truth in the Night at the Etihad(film pending)after all, but really who cares ?

Well apart from those Reds who get bent out of shape by an article in a paper that most of us know favours Man City obviously, so just don't read it, simple, or take it for what it is, and laugh, christ we had 30 odd years laughing at that lot, so we're due a bit back.

It'll be when they aren't talking about United that we'll have problems.

And as for Adam Crafton, the lad has won awards, he's got a reputation to live down to. :lol:

Greck

By posting this shyte on the biggest United forum you've sent traffic their way and incentivised them to make more. Chances are they already knew it was shite journalism but did it anyway for clicks

sugar_kane

Shouldn’t every United article in the Daily Maily start with “as imagined
by Sportsmail’s reporter...”?

DavidDeSchmikes

Must be a slow news day

The comment section seems to enjoy it....:D
What a poisonous horrible piece this is. And total nonsense from a d i c k head.
I actually can't believe they would publish this? Its written like a child.....seriously wonder where journalism is going, there is a gap in the market for real sports journalism. Daily mail will die within 10 years if they keep posting stuff like this. It gets worse year on year.
Adam crafton you are a disgrace of a journalist. Jog on over to the Sun or Star. That's about your level
ADAM CRAFTON .. put the c r a c k pipe down fella.
But it's always "as imagined by sportsmail's reporter".
Yet again this is why the DM isn't respected. Pathetic.
Let's get inside the mind of the reporter Adam. When will I find a woman? Why am I obsessed with a football manager ? Why am I not that liked ?
This is the most outrageous piece of journalism I've ever seen. Utter nonsense! The hate for Jose from the daily mail is becoming a vendetta!! Oliver Holt should be ashamed for signing this off!!!
Just think - Adam Crafton probably went through college, university, worked the long days and nights and gave up his friends and family to follow his dream as a professional sports journalist. All that time and effort, and this is what he's come up with? On the plus side, my son did his first piece of homework on a boom that was made up entirely of 4 words tonight 'Go, Get, Now and Dad'. His review of the book with 4 words, which was only 3 words 'I liked it' should put my son in the running to take Mr Crafton's job when he's asked to leave in the morning.
What a ridiculous article. The journo should be embarrassed. From a Liverpool fan.
I hate myself for reading that.

And one user indulged in some Adam Crafton fanfiction
A day in the life of Adam Crafton as imagined by me:. I wake up and my bed is wet, again. I cry into TedTed's soft fur, I love my teddy, he's my best friend.. I touch myself, ooops I made a mess. I go downstairs and breakfast is ready, I cry and throw it on the floor. I wanted Cheerios not cornflakes!!!! Mummy says I have to go to work, but I'm a big boy now and nobody tells me what to do, except take my medicine. If I don't take my medicine nursey comes and makes me. I do some colouring in all day, I nearly stayed in the lines. It's 6pm now, my sister has locked the bathroom door so I can't watch her in the shower.. I'm starting to feel drowsy as my medicine is wearing off so I'd better write my article for the DM.