AS Monaco 2018/19

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Losing AGAIN at home to Guingamp 2-0.

Henry will be back in the Sky Studios in a few months. Only two league wins since he took over in October. Unbelievable, what's happening to Monaco:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
They certainly need experience on that team.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Monaco with a player sent off and losing yet again at home to Strasbourg! Is Henry really going to last the season there?

As I type, they've literally just let another one in. Now 4-1 down. Shocking stuff! At least Strasbourg now down to 10 men too.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Monaco with a player sent off and losing yet again at home to Strasbourg! Is Henry really going to last the season there?

As I type, they've literally just let another one in. Now 4-1 down. Shocking stuff!
My word they are bad. It would be incredible if they went down.

el3mel

Looking forward to what they will do with the squad when the inevitable relegation happens this season.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Looking forward to what they will do with the squad when the inevitable relegation happens this season.
That squad is pretty rubbish. A shadow of what it was 2/3 years ago. It's absolutely mindblowing when you look at their teamsheets from 2016.

Apart from Falcao and Tielemans and a few others, there's not much there. They do have a shitload of injuries though to be fair to them.

Infestissumam

the squad is nowhere as good as a couple of years ago, but still - they shouldn't be fighting against relegation. Glik, Sidibe, Jemerson and Falcao were a part of that great team back then, Tielemans and Golovin are great talents, Henrichs and Lopes are decent. Now they've brought in Fabregas and Naldo. They should be nowhere near the bottom of the table with that squad.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Jardim back to coaching Monaco now official.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Another sent-off for Naldo.....that must be a record :lol:
Was last week's red overturned or does it just count for cup matches?

Anyway they're 2 down to another team in the fight for relegation.

What's Monaco going to do when they hit a run of fixtures that includes Lyon, PSG, Bordeaux and St etienne? They're not reaching 40 points.

izec

Harsh red in my opinion. They bought Naldo for stability and a cool head, such an experienced player shouldnt be in a position to get 2 red cards in his 2 first games.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Ffs they are self imploding. Doesn't matter who will manage them now or the players they have. When you reach a point like this its like the players don't even want to have the ball, let alone the confidence levels to react.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ffs they are self imploding. Doesn't matter who will manage them now or the players they have. When you reach a point like this its like the players don't even want to have the ball, let alone the confidence levels to react.
Going to be really difficult for Jardim to get a tune out of them considering he couldn't start of the season and they're even lower in confidence now than in October. He must've still been on the payroll so they just decided to give him his old job back and see if he can perform a minor miracle.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Going to be really difficult for Jardim to get a tune out of them considering he couldn't start of the season and they're even lower in confidence now than in October. He must've still been on the payroll so they just decided to give him his old job back and see if he can perform a minor miracle.
If he gets relegated it will backfire on him. Strange behaviour after the sacking.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
16 games to save their season. Looks like they just need to rip everything up and start again.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I have just seen that they have recently bought Naldo and he got sent off twice for them already, what the feck :lol:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I have just seen that they have recently bought Naldo and he got sent off twice for them already, what the feck :lol:
And he was signed to give them experience. Honestly I am starting to believe they will struggle to stay.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And he was signed to give them experience. Honestly I am starting to believe they will struggle to stay.
5 wins out of 16 should do it but I'm not sure if they are going to make it.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Hope so, but crazy things can happen. Now more than technical, phisycal or tactical its the mental side who has more influence. Remembers a bit when Atletico Madrid had players like Valeron, Molina or Hasselbaink and they got relegated.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Good thing for them is 18th position is enough to get a playoff against L2 3rd.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Maybe they will need it. But this Jardim situation doesn't look much normal at least for me looking from the outside. Hope I am wrong and they can recover but...

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
They got lucky Amiens and Caen did not win today or else they wold be 5 points off.

JPRouve

Scout
Maybe they will need it. But this Jardim situation doesn't look much normal at least for me looking from the outside. Hope I am wrong and they can recover but...
The rumour is that Emenalo and Jardim weren't in good terms while Jardim and Vasilyev are in great terms. I think that it's in that direction that you need to look in order to understand the situation.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The rumour is that Emenalo and Jardim weren't in good terms while Jardim and Vasilyev are in great terms. I think that it's in that direction that you need to look in order to understand the situation.
Ok. Its not the first time Emenalo has problems with someone else. Of course the person who he had probelm before at Chelsea its not that difficult to have problems with. :p

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That's a bit of a low forecast isn't it? 5 wins would get them to 30 points so I'd say they'd need 5-6 draws on top of that to be sure (or at least make this play off).

We always see it end of season poor teams at the bottom suddenly spring into life and reel off wins so who knows if Caen and Amiens will do that and push the total up? If both win 5 more games then Monaco need 34 points to finish above both.

As I've said before they desperately need a shock win or two against a PSG, Lille , Nice, Lyon otherwise just gambling they'll win all games left v bottom half teams isn't going to work as we saw yesterday.

HDRubens

Supports
PSG
They are terribly run these days and whats currently happening there is just wrong on so many levels.

Jardim got fired with a big fee in his pocket and is now back with a big contract again, keep in mind Henry got also big buckets in the pockets when fired.

Definitely going down to Ligue 2, no team in history of the french Ligue 1 could stay up after having 15 points or less at this stage of the season, Monaco have exactly 15.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The hell is going on with their discipline?! Another red card inside 15 minutes!:lol:

JPRouve

Scout
Vainqueur is a moron, he launched himself into a useless tackle. Lopes scored though.