Asensio

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Never been a huge fan of this guy so hoping this is another one of those "Sun exclusives" (although they are quoting a rather better source in my opinion)...

10TH JUN 2022, 10:31
United favourites to land Asensio
Manchester United are among the favourites to land Real Madrid star Marco Asensio, according to Mundo Deportivo.
The Spanish international is eyeing a move away from the Bernabeu in order to guarantee regular first team football ahead of November's World Cup.
Juventus are also keen on the 26-year-old attacking midfielder, who is said to have had a number of offers from abroad.
Asensio scored ten goals in 31 LaLiga appearances for Real last term.

Last edited:

Nero

He was never anything special. He had a spell where he kept scoring screamers and people correlated that with being an insane talent.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He is a Juve signing all day long.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We should be nowhere near this and I doubt we are.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The two lads from Southampton and Westham, Tadic and Haller, who went to Ajax were labelled not very good. Look what happened with them under ETH.

I wouldn't be dead against Asensio. Think he's a better player than some are giving him credit for and unfortunately we aren't going to have 60/70m for every player we sign. We are going to have to pick up a few risky moves and hope they come off.

Bestietom

The two lads from Southampton and Westham, Tadic and Haller, who went to Ajax were labelled not very good. Look what happened with them under ETH.

I wouldn't be dead against Asensio. Think he's a better player than some are giving him credit for and unfortunately we aren't going to have 60/70m for every player we sign. We are going to have to pick up a few risky moves and hope they come off.
Our budget will be gone and some more for the 2 we are expecting to sign soon. De Jong and Antony. We will have to sell players if we are to bring others here.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thought he was older than 26

SeanyC

Don’t we have enough attacking midfielders, and with De Jong and Antony possibly arriving that’s even more then, priorities should be a DCM and Defence after the above two arrive.

PoTMS

If we can get him on the cheap, then sign him up.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He was never anything special. He had a spell where he kept scoring screamers and people correlated that with being an insane talent.
Spanish Darron Gibson. Do not want.

Thiagoal

Don’t we have enough attacking midfielders, and with De Jong and Antony possibly arriving that’s even more then, priorities should be a DCM and Defence after the above two arrive.
De Jong is not an attacking mid and I doubt that Antony will sign. If that’s the case then we definitely are in need of a left footed attacker

Trex

Nope I'll rather Anthony as the left footed right wing option, just Mendez trying to sell us one of his players

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
One of the more intriguing links, looked like he would be the next big thing when he was 18. Think people have to remember the side he was trying to break into, couldn't have been easy. Not sure people have seen his full potential.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Never been a huge fan of this guy so hopoing this is another one of those "Sun exclusives" (although they are quoting a rather better source in my opinion)...

10TH JUN 2022, 10:31
United favourites to land Asensio
Manchester United are among the favourites to land Real Madrid star Marco Asensio, according to Mundo Deportivo.
The Spanish international is eyeing a move away from the Bernabeu in order to guarantee regular first team football ahead of November's World Cup.
Juventus are also keen on the 26-year-old attacking midfielder, who is said to have had a number of offers from abroad.
Asensio scored ten goals in 31 LaLiga appearances for Real last term.
That's absurd. Anyone thinking along those lines moved last Summer or Winter.

In fairness, I'm in Madrid and saw the guy asked exactly that point blank the other day and his answer was the complete opposite: "Luis Enrique doesn't pick you on recent club starts/form but what you have delivered for him in the past".

Makes the story/source completely made up to me.

Suv666

He probably would cost between 30-40 and for that price he's worth a shot. Good goal scorer. 10 this season, not bad for a winger with limited playing time.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Asensio would be a savvy auxiliary squad signing. Winner on the big stage and does a job to a tee for the manager. No ego and should be available for £20-30m. I’m sure EtH can get him to run the lines and press all day long.

croadyman

Asensio would be a savvy auxiliary squad signing. Winner on the big stage and does a job to a tee for the manager. No ego and should be available for £20-30m. I’m sure EtH can get him to run the lines and press all day long.
Very true but problem is we still have holes in the first XI that need to be addressed

The Corinthian

Very true but problem is we still have holes in the first XI that need to be addressed
Agreed, but I think Asensio’s versatility in multiple positions has pushed him nearer the top of the list.

RoyH1

Agents using us to drive interest.
Indeed. He changed agents a couple of months ago to Mr. Mendes and now suddenly he has a “big” market.
He knows he has a better chance of playing in the WC if he leaves Madrid. IMO his best bet is Serie A

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If he's going to be played as a regular Right Winger, don't want. If he can play in a rotational role, and is £20-25m I can get on board with that.

Lynty

Haven’t really seen him play in years. Used to think he was a great player.

The Corinthian

Won't think there is anything in this until the big guns reference, so what positions can he play?
What do you mean big guns reference?

He can play across the front line, as well as a wide midfielder slightly more withdrawn role. He also can play different roles as well, similar to how Valverde played the final against Liverpool. His best position is on the RW but EtH requires some positional flexibility.

croadyman

What do you mean big guns reference?

He can play across the front line, as well as a wide midfielder slightly more withdrawn role. He also can play different roles as well, similar to how Valverde played the final against Liverpool. His best position is on the RW but EtH requires some positional flexibility.
Whitwell, Ducker, Stone, Romano and obviously the top Real sources as well

croadyman

Same here. If we could get him for 30m I reckon it could be a canny signing, much better value than 50m for Antony imo. He did score 10 in the league last season, his best goal scoring campaign.
Yeah could be a shrewd one

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It’s weird how people talk about our players that flop but talk about other club flops.

C'est Moi Cantona

He probably would cost between 30-40 and for that price he's worth a shot. Good goal scorer. 10 this season, not bad for a winger with limited playing time.
£30-£40 m, that's big money for a player no one had even considered 48 hours ago, in a position we are hardly desperate for, and who has 12 months left on his deal.

It all sounds like the usual rubbish, and can't see any mileage in him moving now when he can get a big payday next summer on a free.

IrishMcD

I personally thought he was abysmal every time i have watched him the last few years. Now seeing the reaction online of Madrid fans, it simple solidifies that opinion in my mind. Madrid fans are laughing at the rumors that any club would be stupid enough to buy him because he has been that shit. But if there IS any club stupid enough.....

Charles Miller

Some very promising players are willing to stay at Madrid, on a secundary role, until the completely lose momentum. Isco and Asensio are some of those. Rodrigo might be the next one. Asensio is 26. i still think he could do well at top level elsewhere.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
£30-£40 m, that's big money for a player no one had even considered 48 hours ago, in a position we are hardly desperate for, and who has 12 months left on his deal.

It all sounds like the usual rubbish, and can't see any mileage in him moving now when he can get a big payday next summer on a free.
Only we would pay that for a guy with a year on his contract who has been dog shit for years.

Devil may care

A left footed RW, 26 years old, lots of top level experience, I can see why we're exploring the possibility of a deal here as it's a position we need and he's quite a bit cheaper than what we're seeing quoted for Antony and Raphina.

Jev

At one point I was convinced he would become a world-beater. At a good price I think it could be a shrewd signing. It's a priority position and there is huge potential if we can unlock it.