Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

TBH, Id rather see him than Darmian at this point. I think hes got a good cross on him too when hes on the right.

TomMUFC8

Thought he would start in this match when the draw was made and as said, didn't let the team down. Did his job well.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
If only we'd known to convert him to full back 5-6 years ago, we would have been saved his abject performances on the wing and would have gained a decent player.
A little harsh. he's had some great games for us over the years, and scored a few blistering goals, but a bit like Jones, always got hurt when he was on a bit of a run in the team.
That said, he works his socks off for the shirt, always has and I think always will. Ashley is a Red and I think Jose is appreciating that more and more! Don't be surprised to see him play a bigger role before the end of this season both at FB & WB

Thought he would start in this match when the draw was made and as said, didn't let the team down. Did his job well.

Devil81

Really hope he see's out the last year of his contract next season, he's a fantastic squad player and clearly very popular within the squad.

The turn round of my opinion on him is phenomenal, he's found his place at the club and he's actually a very popular figure now.

Mike09

Whenever I think about his performance in Europa League, I feel that we can still use him as a Valencia's cover next season. We should offer him one or two more years contracts. I don't see it's necessary to spend a lot of money on another right back next season when there are other positions that we need to cover them up first with a lot of cash.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Whenever I think about his performance in Europa League, I feel that we can still use him as a Valencia's cover next season. We should offer him one or two more years contracts. I don't see it's necessary to spend a lot of money on another right back next season when there are other positions that we need to cover them up first with a lot of cash.
Yeah he seems to be our best cover RB atm.

mu4c_20le

He worked his socks off today. Could have done bettter attacking wise but he was always going to struggle against a strong Chelsea defense.

iKeano

Shit. Still can't cross a ball or take a set piece.

Best learn his Mandarin and learn to use chopsticks.

NinjaFletch

I have absolutely no idea what he was supposedly offering tonight that couldn't have been achieved with Mkhitaryan going to the left after Herrera went off.

saivet

Seemed to me tactical him playing so deep. We essentially played him as the LWB. He offers little going forward, so his main job seemed to be defending.

Devil may care

He works hard but that isn't enough at the level we are aiming for, he's poor on the ball and offered no outlet at all.

Skills

Snitch
Don't think he had a touch in the first 15 minutes. Quite incredible as that was the only time in the game we had more of the ball

Sylar

Only disappointment from him was that set piece we got when we loaded the box and he hit the first man.
But then again, that seems to be a United thing to do.

JoaquinJoaquin

How this guy still manages to catch flack from some our fans astounds me. Fantastic squad player.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Class above Darmian, hope he stays as a backup fullback.

Walters_19_MuFc

He's always been really good at chopping it back on his right foot from the left and putting in great crosses. Saw that today for the goal. Superb cross.

m1y2

he's actually fantastic dribbler for a leftback, with great cross on his right and still great speed and workrate, just play him as a left back in a flat 4, not this 5 defenders shit, he could do it, he's cver to learn to be a leftback like Valencia who has strength on him but is not that clever

cyberman

He always seems to play well, I remember his fantastic game at Anfield yet he's easily dropped for some reason.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's very good in a more defensive position, noticed this in a few games under LvG when we had a fullback crisis, there's not so much a burden for him to create chances but he still is capable of a cracking ball and he's a very hard worker. Probably our best option for LB/LWB.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's very good in a more defensive position, noticed this in a few games under LvG when we had a fullback crisis. Probably our best option for LB/LWB.
Massive difference between being a LWB in that formation than a LB in a 4-man defense. I don't think he's good with 4 at the back but as a wing back he's fine.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Massive difference between being a LWB in that formation than a LB in a 4-man defense. I don't think he's good with 4 at the back but as a wing back he's fine.
I don't think we've really given it a chance other than the odd game with LvG where he's impressed, I'd trust him over the likes of Darmian and Shaw at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.