Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Hes done well to re-invent himself there (much like Tony).
And he hasnt let us down this season when called upon.

Also glad he got an assist today. When he got it, you just knew it was going back post :D

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I don't think we've really given it a chance other than the odd game with LvG where he's impressed, I'd trust him over the likes of Darmian and Shaw at the moment.
He just doesn't know how to play it. In this formation he's got great cover but with 4 at the back he's the one that's supposed to be the anchor for the winger. You see it even in the current formation where he goes out of position to intercept but misjudges the pass and gets caught out. Not a huge deal since he's got cover. Do that in our more played formation with 4 at the back and you have a winger that's got a clear way to the box.

Another thing, when he has to do a lot of defending himself he often resorts to fouling when a man gets past him which results in yellow cards. He's averaging about a yellow card every 2,2-2,5 games this season and the two previous ones.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't understand why he has been used more this season. He's not a great player, but he's always solid, a bit like Valencia. Gives us width and pace on the left side too, something we have lacked all season. Hope he gets to play more at LB from now on.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't understand why he has been used more this season. He's not a great player, but he's always solid, a bit like Valencia. Gives us width and pace on the left side too, something we have lacked all season. Hope he gets to play more at LB from now on.
When he's at Villa, he was at his best whipping those crosses to Carew. I think his record was a crazy number like 17 assists in a season. Then before United bought him, he had his best season as an AMC; scoring goals and plenty of assist. I don't know why Mou hasn't tried him in that position.

Always fond of a player like him. Never complain or sulk or being primadona, just get on with business and try his hardest.

Lentwood

I think we would be foolish to let Young leave tbh. Although he may never be good enough to be a regular starter for us he is an experienced player with a level head who never lets us down when he plays and is versatile as well.

I would much rather see Darmian go and keep Young as our reserve RB/LB

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I think Young has been very under-utilised over the last few years. He's always done a good job when called upon. Hard worker, consistent, good cross on him as well which we lack in this side. I'd like to see him stay for another season as long as he's happy to play a bit part.

Fracture90

Great yesterday, he always had that killed curve cross from the left. He wraps his foot around it perfectly.

Viable option to have in team both for the squad as well as for the atmosphere in team, since he's one of vet's.

Man Utd 0:0 West Brom

Devil may care

Stuff about putting in a shift and giving his all will be mentioned but how he played a ahead of Blind in a game where we knew we'd see so much of the ball made no sense to me.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Stuff about putting in a shift and giving his all will be mentioned but how he played a ahead of Blind in a game where we knew we'd see so much of the ball made no sense to me.
He's a good squad player, just had an ok-ish game. But feck me, we have so many of these "good quality squad players", aren't we??

Devil may care

He's a good squad player, just had an ok-ish game. But feck me, we have so many of these "good quality squad players", aren't we??
Yes, too many squad players that can put a shift in and not enough genuine quality that can change the course of a game.

Dinghy

He works hard and it's harsh to criticise him, yet it's blatantly obvious that he's not United-quality.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The highlight of past few season is a moment where he sends his cross to someone... you know the rest of a story.

Paradoxically he wasn't half dead slow as others. Yay, I guess.

DocRockter

Shame he doesn't listen to Slayer, he'd be our best player and one of the best playing today.. The old geezer has fight in him but yet falls into mediocrity when braking the opposition is needed.

Still, I'm hoping the young players with better abilities learn to emulate his attitude and heart ..

Zoo

We needed him to go forward more in the first half. The one time he did it he was played in and flashed a good ball across the box. It was disappointing, the guy used to be a winger and should be wanting to attack.

Kag

We needed him to go forward more in the first half. The one time he did it he was played in and flashed a good ball across the box. It was disappointing, the guy used to be a winger and should be wanting to attack.
The thing is, the ball he flashed across the box was to absolutely nobody. All of our players were sat on the six yard box waiting for the cut back. Poor movement, probably, but it's just Young all over. He fizzes balls into the box without even looking up to see who is there.

Yet again, he's praised for his work rate, but there's only so much credit we can give to players for the bare minimum.

NinjaFletch

If anyone can explain to me why he has suddenly come back into the team I'd be grateful.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Did anybody notice that he and Herrera mixed up their positions after second half KO?

peanuthead

I thought he was poor today. We missed Valencia today, I don't think Mourinho should of rested him. Young didn't offer much going forward other than one or two crosses that didn't really come off.

Manny

Grammar Police
I thought he did well, ran himself into the ground and looked like he had some fight in him.

Loved seeing him take out Miralles too

Bojan11

I thought he did well.

Was our most adventurous full back and at least looked to commit a man.
He atleast tried to take a defender on and put in a decent cross. More than what Lingard did all game.

RedMaestro

He was really good. Hope it's not a serious injury?

The good thing with him having pretty good performances lately is that if he stays he's still a good squad player and if he wants to leave, some clubs will likely be interested in him, having seen that he's still got a pretty good 'level'.

Sylar

I think hes much better on the left than the right, even though hes right footed. He seems more comfortable on that side.
The one good thing was his challenge on Mirallas tbh.

Giggs86

He's got the heart but Jesus when was the last time that he beat a player? Seems like 2011.

Ixion

He's got the heart but Jesus when was the last time that he beat a player? Seems like 2011.
He's the master at shaping up like he wants to run at a player or do something then bottling it and playing it safe or a crap ball. I think that apparent desire to do something without actually doing it is what convinces some of his fans on here he's decent.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's a decent squad player, and always puts a tidy shift in.

Needless to say it should be occasional run outs though, and in fairness it has been this season, so not sure who can complain at that? You can't expect to have 22 top players

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
Judging from the average rating I'm in a minority here, but I thought he was our best player last night (him and Bailley certainly). I've never seen him fight so hard and put so many challenges in, no wonder he limped off! Top marks for me (and I've never been his biggest fan). Mourinho clearly agreed; proper arm around the shoulder when he went off

Alabaster Codify7

He usually puts a shift in and did so again last night, he actually seemed like he gave a shit unlike a few of our lads. I don't mind him being here another season as a versatile squad player

Status
Not open for further replies.