Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

Faded in the 2nd half but did well for most of the match. Slightly different skill set to Valencia.

Devil may care

He was ok, stayed back most of the time and didn't give any ground away, over indulgent on the ball a couple of times but overal solid.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Good squad player. Always puts in a decent shift. Not a bad thing to have at our disposal as the season wears on.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What a brilliant squad player this lad is.

Doesn't get played for weeks/months on end, gets asked to play multiple roles and never even utters a word of dissent.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Doesn't get played for weeks/months on end, gets asked to play multiple roles and never even utters a word of dissent.
To be honest, no bit part player playing for United is ever going to complain. The likes of him, Fellaini, Blind etc wont ever play for a better or similar levelled team.

Nonetheless, all have very good qualities that have allowed us to push through this season at a very good level.

el3mel

Changed my mind of him leaving in summer. Should stay as a squad rotation player as he's now. Very hard to find a player like him who can miss more than half of the season not playing and still gives his all each time he plays.

He's a hard worker and that what Jose loves in his players. Should stay.

itso 7

This and I wouldn't want him to leave at the end of the season looking at his recent performances.

Fracture90

Think he's a good squad option to have and he's a massive influence in the dressingroom.

Sylar

Wasnt it a case that he would take a pay cut to stay with us?

Anyway, hes not letting us down and is doing a lot for the team in our time of need.

keener

I'm a Young fan, like having him occasionally at left back. Expected a similar game to Valencia on Sunday but I thought this was his worst showing of the season. His turns with the ball, back toward our goalie cost us 2 very dangerous turnovers and I felt he didn't show his usual quality for some reason.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
As per a lot of comments on here, I think he's really served us well this last couple of months, after barely a look in all season.

Like with Valencia, the criticisms have massively reduced as they've played further back, and it's now amusing to see that no one moans about either starting now, when they did for years on end.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
As per a lot of comments on here, I think he's really served us well this last couple of months, after barely a look in all season.

Like with Valencia, the criticisms have massively reduced as they've played further back, and it's now amusing to see that no one moans about either starting now, when they did for years on end.
I don't moan now because I know his job. Under Mourinho, when Young plays he's supposed to be there to help out the defender. He's still bad as an attacker and rarely anything good comes from him on the opposition end of the pitch no matter how much he tries.

Dobbs

They've had a pretty radical change of position so it's only natural opinions have changed. The days of relying on them as wingers still gives me chills.

Wish we could bottle his attitude though.

Man Utd 1:1 Swansea

Ixion

He's shit. But he makes it look like he's trying hard so let's give him a 10 year contract. We have too many average players and he's a prime example.

Mike09

He's shit. But he makes it look like he's trying hard so let's give him a 10 year contract. We have too many average players and he's a prime example.
Better left back than what we have at the moment though.

Devil may care

He was ok, it's a shame he can't whip a cross in more consistently with his left as he got in good positions once or twice and then had to cut back.

Robbie Boy

I don't even know if he was good or today. He was there alright but I didn't really notice him.

BlahRules

He was ok, it's a shame he can't whip a cross in more consistently with his left as he got in good positions once or twice and then had to cut back.
His rubbish, not even good and hasn't been for a while. For a ex winger you would think he can give some attacking penetration at the final third. Another player that needs to be shipped.

BlahRules

Faded in the 2nd half but did well for most of the match. Slightly different skill set to Valencia.
It's not that he faded out, his flaws was covered by Martial, when Martial moved to the middle, young was shown to what he is a player who should be playing for the championship.

NinjaFletch

Summed Ashley Young up in the 90th minute where he beat his man to get to the byline and then hit his cross out of play for a goal kick.

I get why people do like him (e.g. the tweet above), but we're in that position we were in with Valencia about 2 seasons ago where he's playing full-back because he's too crap to play anywhere else. Valencia managed to improve and become a genuinely useful option there, but I just don't think we (or him for that matter) have the time to see if he could do the same thing.

MAME DIOUF 32

His rubbish, not even good and hasn't been for a while. For a ex winger you would think he can give some attacking penetration at the final third. Another player that needs to be shipped.
Agree that he's not good enough but I feel like getting rid of him is well down the list of priorities with some of the other dross we've got.

Devil may care

Overall I agree, he's mediocre and a symptom of the hole works hard = good enough mentality.

AndyJ1985

For me Young has always been a player I associate with the start of our downfall from elite to mediocre. I'll be glad when we're rid of him along with the last of the players from Ferguson's era.

shield

Falls into the category of players whose skillset is limited to running a lot, closing down players and marking players. We have so many like him in our squad, Rooney, Fellaini, Lingard even Valencia. Ask these to create something, show some intelligence and they will be found out.

Why do his crosses always look like they need Fellaini at the end of them? A bit like how the only cross Rooney can make, without making a mess, is the one to Valencia on the right?

Can't really complain about anything much though. He is 2nd choice, behind Darmian who himself is not that great. So, we get what can be expected from a Darmain backup.

Fracture90

Hard worker, he did offer some help today for Martial but that's pretty much it. Us not having a target man makes him unless because crosses are his biggest asset.

Kag

For me Young has always been a player I associate with the start of our downfall from elite to mediocre. I'll be glad when we're rid of him along with the last of the players from Ferguson's era.
That's exactly what he represents. I've wanted shot of him for years and it'll be a good day when he does finally piss off.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
We have always had this kind of player. Fletcher, Neville (Phil), Park, Fortune etc.

To me the downfall of our team was not signing absolute world class players for a couple of years - Fergusons last year + Moyes years.

The real Manchester United would have already bought Kane for example. Now we need to take it step by step.

Kag

We have always had this kind of player. Fletcher, Neville (Phil), Park, Fortune etc.

To me the downfall of our team was not signing absolute world class players for a couple of years - Fergusons last year + Moyes years.

The real Manchester United would have already bought Kane for example. Now we need to take it step by step.
Except some of the players you mention were much better players for us than Young has been. They also weren't bought in to effectively replace Ryan Giggs in the first team.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

Young has never been anywhere near good enough to tie Fletchers boot laces

Ixion

Fletcher, Park and Neville were better players.

That's what 100-120k a week gets you. "But he works so hard", who cares. We have paid him millions.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Except some of the players you mention were much better players for us than Young has been. They also weren't bought in to effectively replace Ryan Giggs in the first team.
Young has never been anywhere near good enough to tie Fletchers boot laces
Aren't you two ungrateful little pricks. We're talking about a senior player here who's committed to the team, never moans about sitting on the bench. Young has taken a pay cut. The fact that you think he's a lesser player than Phil Neville and Park is making me furious. You two are absolute monkeys.

Replace Giggs? He came here as Ashley Young - a forward/striker. Excelled as a really great defender in his later years. £17m for an England international with tons of talents? That's value to me.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Aren't you two ungrateful little pricks. We're talking about a senior player here who's committed to the team, never moans about sitting on the bench. Young has taken a pay cut. The fact that you think he's a lesser player than Phil Neville and Park is making me furious. You two are absolute monkeys.

Replace Giggs? He came here as Ashley Young - a forward/striker. Excelled as a really great defender in his later years. £17m for an England international with tons of talents? That's value to me.
Yeah lets be grateful for a player who is committed, hard working and never moans about sitting on the bench. Fantastic benchmark for Utd players, the exact qualities and skill set we should be looking for.... Absolute genius.

Ixion

The fact that you think he's a lesser player than Phil Neville and Park is making me furious. You two are absolute monkeys.
It's not even up for debate :lol: Park is a hell of a better player than Young. Go start a poll in the United forum asking Park, Neville, Fletcher or Young who was the better player, see how many ungreatful pricks and monkeys there are.

Status
Not open for further replies.