Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's definitely getting a ban for that, not as bad as what Tarkowski did but it would be extremely unfair for him to get a ban and not Young. Shame because that's a position of the pitch we are seriously lacking in bodies right now.

Hed Zitin

Probably without our best player this season for the next three games. I'm sorry but I have no positivity for the games coming up.

Classical Mechanic

He's pretty poor at defending high balls into the box, seems very unsure about judging headers, bit like Valencia, given they were both wingers it is unsurprising.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
As left backs Luke Shaw>Ashley Young. Strange recall.

Morpheus 7

Average, had one good moment where he went through in the first half. He mistimed and missed many headers at the back and was lucky. Luke Shaw should be starting now regardless of the opposition.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he was dreadful today bar that 1 moment where he bombed in to the box and took a shot on. Felt like he really struggled and limited our play today. He’ll have to realise he’s under pressure soon as another few showings like that and Luke Shaw will have his spot nailed down.

Canagel

Young doesn't offer natural width like Shaw does and that's because he's right footed and plays at LB.

marlowe78

Thought he was dreadful today bar that 1 moment where he bombed in to the box and took a shot on. Felt like he really struggled and limited our play today. He’ll have to realise he’s under pressure soon as another few showings like that and Luke Shaw will have his spot nailed down.
Agree, overall I thought he was very bad today. Jose cited his experience as reason to play him over Shaw but that half-chance was all he offered.

Shaw has been playing well lately and offers considerably more than Young when in that kind of form. I would've played Ashley against Yeovil (assuming that Shaw will play then).

Ainu

He is not a left back. He can create moves, cross and score goals but that's hardly the requirement for a full back, especially not away to one of the best attacking sides. He has his uses but starting in games like this? No.

Stringer

He can't defend. When he was receiving praise it was due to his attacking contributions.

Bwuk

Gets away with his poor positioning against poor sides, not tonight. Not a left back.

Idxomer

Never convinced me and never will, an average winger pretending to be a defender.

cj_sparky

He is playing like a left CB in a back three tonight. If he tucks in anymore he'll be holding Smalling's hand.

Jaybomb

We’re better with Shaw. All Young does is fecking cross. Everyone knows it. He’s the most predictable, one dimensional player I’ve ever seen. How he’s still deemed good enough for Manchester United sums up the state of our decline.

LJJT

In fairness to him he’s all on his own. Sanchez isn’t near him or helping him at all. This is why Jose likes his wingers tracking back and everyone moans we are boring

Kag

I see Jose has given him the classic free role of defence. Run where you want.

There's a world of difference between being a left back at home to Brighton and playing away to Spurs.

Shaw is considerably better all round.

FromTheBench

He doesn't know whether to track Eriksen inside or.go.outside.to trippier.

He is also being targeted with aerial diagonals.

Pochettino.has identified him as what he is and a weak link and.is going all out at his side.

Silas

We should only play him against teams we'll dominate. Good teams know to force him into his left foot and he's not particularly great in defence.

Idxomer

Nothing irritates more than the way he's in build-up, always looking towards our goal.

Never seen anything like that before, and him being right footed isn't an excuse, because even the godawful Darmian doesn't do that.

el3mel

One of his worst games for us in his career high. Absolutely disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.