Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

He is one of the number one culprits at hoofing the ball. Every time. Just hands it back to the opposition.

We just need to hold tight till Dalot is fit then hopefully we never see him again - hopefully Shaw can continue his good form

dr.twinny

I absolutely loathe him. Hopefully the next manager sees through his crap 'decent' performances.

Ashley R1+O

If Darmian is still here, why bring Young back especially for a tight away game. Ridiculous the amount of still-frames there were through the entire game and the backline is all over the place and Young is around 10-15 yards away from where he needs to be working with his defense. He made Valencia's inability to hold a line and work with his CB's look workable. Shocking.

simplyared

Tbh Damian has looked ok. Ffs he's played for his country at RB. So where's the logic in moving Ashley Young over from the left, playing him out of position, and dropping Damian?

Kostur

海尔的老板
He was our best outlet, don’t like the stigma that he’s a hindrance. He may not be a long term option but he gives his all when playing.
He isn't and never was. Good game from him, he's giving that extra something with his set pieces, you just know Jose trusts him. Hope Shaw could start working on something similar, it's something you can definitely train.

marktan

I prefer Shaw for the natural width he provides us, and because I think Shaw has the technical skills to be a top player. But I like Young, he works hard, gets forward and has a good cross on him. It's just the fact that he has to cut back in every time when he attacks is the deal breaker for me really.

LoneStar

Our LB options don't seem so bad anymore. Felt he played well today, plenty of crosses in and good at set piece delivery.

CA_vampire

I like Young. He plays with his heart and tries very hard. I wish I could say the same for Pogba and Martial...

deafepl

I like Young. He plays with his heart and tries very hard. I wish I could say the same for Pogba and Martial...
Another agenda, I see. I have watched Pogba enough to say he played so well, Lukaku could have done better with balls, same goes for Sanchez.

Bobski

He has been a terrific squad player for Utd basically from the moment he kept Di Maria out of the team back in the first LVG season.

Can play anywhere, good pro, comes in ready to go, every team needs a few guys like that.

deafepl

You missed the part "He plays with his heart and tries very hard. ".
No, I didn't t miss the part, Pogba was good, you only put Pogba in the name because you wish he could do the same thing as Young? What about Sanchez? Lindelof? Valencia? Martial? Lingard? They are all playing well majority until 70 minutes or so but that doesn't mean they are not working hard.

CA_vampire

No, I didn't t miss the part, Pogba was good, you only put Pogba in the name because you wish he could do the same thing as Young? What about Sanchez? Lindelof? Valencia? Martial? Lingard? They are all playing well majority until 70 minutes or so but that doesn't mean they are not working hard.
There is an important difference between "was good" and "plays with his heart and tries very hard". Basic English grammar: "plays" means every time.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he had a pretty poor game yesterday, caught out a good few times and maybe it’s a Luke Shaw hangover of seeing what a proper LB can bring to the team but Young’s attacking input was pretty poor and his crossing again sporadic and often over hit.
I’ve said this for it seems like 3-4 years now but two good fullbacks will transform this team, hopefully only need 1 now for RB and hopefully Dalot can fill that role and we keep Valencia and Young as squad players for another season.

Smores

One of the better squad options out there. I feel a bit for Valencia and Young as they're squad players selected as first teamers and it gets fans on their backs.

Oddly though not so long ago people were saying they're good enough to win the title with and jose should make do

arthurka

Young had a really good game.
I thought pogba was excellent in the first half but poor in the second. But I fully agree with you that you cannot blame their effort , Lukaku ran 100m on the 87th to help out at defense.

ZAGREB RED

Young played very well yesterday, worked hard the entire match, up and down the line, got tackles in and more than a few decent balls in to the box. Might well have been down to the fact he now knows Shaw is finally emerging as the player he should be. Good stuff if so, competition for places keeps the squad on their toes.

Man Utd 2:2 Derby

KennyBurner

Hope he gets little to no play time moving forward as from today. He has this silly need to punt the ball forward constantly often giving possession back to the opposition. Its like he can't think more than two steps. its a similar problem with a lot of our players. I urge most of you to watch him next time he play for us and count how many times he receives the ball only yo cross it forward to nobody.

kundalini

Very poor tonight. No surprise that Young conceded the free-kick from which they scored.

Devil may care

Did his shouty grizzled veteran thing, defensively alright for the most part but offered very little in attack.

This is why I say we still need another LB - if Shaw doesn't play we're back with him again

LingiBW

Hope he gets little to no play time moving forward as from today. He has this silly need to punt the ball forward constantly often giving possession back to the opposition. Its like he can't think more than two steps. its a similar problem with a lot of our players. I urge most of you to watch him next time he play for us and count how many times he receives the ball only yo cross it forward to nobody.
I really hate this about him. At his age, he doesn't seem to have the calmness you'd associate with someone of his experience.

Sylar

Funny thing is, that punt forward in the first half I was annoyed with, but it got beautifully controlled by Martial which lead to a goal.

Fair play to the guy for last season and getting to the World Cup, but he should not be anywhere near our starting line up as a full back.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very poor, his inability to pass the ball was very frustrating. He just kept on playing long balls and it was just aimless. Also his ground passing was always to set Lukaku free on byline and don't think he succeeded even once. Very poor game.

West Ham 3:1 Man Utd

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Created the most chances out of anyone on the field and was in fact one of only three United players to create anything.
Some of the targets in the match thread are odd.

Golden Nugget

Created the most chances out of anyone on the field and was in fact one of only three United players to create anything.
Some of the targets in the match thread are odd.
Saw the ratings and felt the same. I’m confused

Idxomer

He's always better as a wing back but still some inexplicable decision making from him at times.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Ashley Young, Manchester fecking United captain. Let that sink in.
I don’t really have a problem with it, not in the same way I did with Valencia. At least he plays with courage going forward and will do his requisite media duties.

I’d rather see Pogba or Lukaku as captains who lead the dressing room and who should be mainstays of our team in years to come, but that isn’t happening currently.

Young is a very good full back nowadays. We need to get over the fact that he was an uninspiring purchase as a winger.

thegaffa

Supports
Chelsea
Wasn’t good enough vs Newcastle not sure what part he played and at fault for both goals

Status
Not open for further replies.