Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Defensively was really shit, I would even blame him for getting turned twice so easily for the 2 Newcastle goals. But at the same time he was crucial in our comeback.

mewnew11

Can we get the bird
that pooped in his mouth to old Trafford and give it a medal. Even the bird knows he is shit

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So poor. He's should be a squad player at best. He not only starts but captains the team too. That's where we are as a team. Damning really

Time for him to retire now. He had a great resurgence under Mourinho but he is costing us far too many goals now.

LJJT

He was shocking today. Him and Matic have been shocking this season. He works hard and he has some leadership qualities but I hope Dalot gets more games at full back than him this year

Him and Valencia are both as bad as each other. Shaw and Dalot till the end of the season please!

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’s absolutely cringe worthy how much athletic ability Valencia and young are displaying this season. Please put them out of their misery and keep them as backups for Dalot. Even if they might have superior positioning and understanding of the game, they cannot be playing at a high level with their current bodies

PaulRich

I think that 1st half was his Gary Neville moment - made to look worse than bang average by a shite team

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Whatever people say about him, he's one that you could never say doesn't show the commitment.

He did one hard slide challenge in the second half that really got everyone going. Total commitment job.

I think I like him more these days then when he was a winger.
Obviously he should only be a squad player, but it's to his immense personal credit how he smashed his way into being a regular last season.

Canagel

Disgraceful performance. Even the assist at the end didn't change anything for me. He was shocking and shouldn't be playing for the club anymore.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Poor defensive performance. But he's not a legit full back, so I've always expected such things to happen.

KennyBurner

A lot of comments in here congratulating him for playing with all his heart and missing the point of why we are a shite team. Yes he plays with all his fecking heart but he cant control a ball and play a simple pass. His first instinct is to cross it forward to lukaku. Don't you guys notice the difference between how shaw always looks for passes between the lines and tries to play the ball like an actual footballer? So many players in our lineup are technically deficient which is why newcastle think its okay to come to Old Trafford and press us. Mourinho needs to learn from this and play an actual right back Dalot who can link passes in tight spaces and not give up possession so easily.

Jojo <3 Mou

I love his drive and passion but it grows clearer each day that Young like Valencia is not performing at a high enough level. He was not good. The entire team struggled at times but Young particularly stood out.

I hope Dalot is ready and that the manager is ready to use him.

Bola

A lot of comments in here congratulating him for playing with all his heart and missing the point of why we are a shite team. Yes he plays with all his fecking heart but he cant control a ball and play a simple pass. His first instinct is to cross it forward to lukaku. Don't you guys notice the difference between how shaw always looks for passes between the lines and tries to play the ball like an actual footballer? So many players in our lineup are technically deficient which is why newcastle think its okay to come to Old Trafford and press us. Mourinho needs to learn from this and play an actual right back Dalot who can link passes in tight spaces and not give up possession so easily.
Agree with a lot of what you say there. His first instinct seems to be 'hoof it' and we have too many players with a tendency to do that, or go for the easy side pass. Both result in stunted attacking play as you allude too.

Offered more attacking output than Valencia normally does (including the cross for the 3rd), but very poor defensively tonight.

Agree with other posters that he and Valencia need to be phased out of the matchday squad as soon as possible. They join my 'out' list of Darmian, Jones, Rojo and Mata (the latter reluctantly).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ah man. I feel bad for Young. I've always liked him but he's not first team quality. Awful in defence. Still a better outlet than Valencia in attack.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Really proud of him. He had a mare in the first half, but owned his flank in the second with little assistance to get us back in the game. Double the amount of crosses of anyone else in the the team and created two chances, getting the assist.

He’s a quality full back, comfortably the best we’ve got, but will never get his due to be an uninspiring purchase as a winger. Couldn’t really give two shits if other people can’t overcome that bias and yes, I am still going to bat for him despits that first half.

It’s weird people are using this performance to call for Dalot when Dalot has already made similar defensive errors that haven’t lead to goals, but when you’ve played less than 20 senior games, there’s not a massive compilation of areas for people to lol at.

Djemba-Djemba

Really proud of him. He had a mare in the first half, but owned his flank in the second with little assistance to get us back in the game. Double the amount of crosses of anyone else in the the team and created two chances, getting the assist.

He’s a quality full back, comfortably the best we’ve got, but will never get his due to be an uninspiring purchase as a winger. Couldn’t really give two shits if other people can’t overcome that bias and yes, I am still going to bat for him despits that first half.

It’s weird people are using this performance to call for Dalot when Dalot has already made similar defensive errors that haven’t lead to goals, but when you’ve played less than 20 senior games, there’s not a massive compilation of areas for people to lol at.
Come on, he absolutely is not.

Zlatattack

We need to sign another RB in January. Young and Valencia have had thier day.

MAME DIOUF 32

You can't fault his effort or attitude but he was to blame for both goals and was extremely lucky not to give away a penalty. It's hard to give him all that much credit for the comeback when he put the team in that mess to begin with.

Idxomer

He'll always have the occasional good cross, but his overall game has been poor for a while now. He really can't defend anymore except if it's a last-ditch tackle which is usually the result of his own poor play.

Zoo

He was a disaster today. Credit for the cross for Alexis but otherwise he was shocking.

peridigm

We need to sign another RB in January. Young and Valencia have had thier day.
Should be giving Dalot a starting chance. He's only 19 but so are Martial and Rashford, or there about. Dalot has looked good each time I've watched him for us.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

He’s a quality full back, comfortably the best weve got, but will never get his due to be an uninspiring purchase as a winger. Couldn’t really give two shits if other people can’t overcome that bias and yes, I am still going to bat for him despits that first half.

Need to check the definition of quality.

L1nk

He is garbage, anyone saying he's in any way good are promoting mediocrity within the team and yet will no doubt complain about the dead wood too, he shouldn't be in the team "runs around" or "wears heart on sleeve" shouldn't be the only requirement to play for the team, granted he is not a RB but it's stupid that we even play this guy in any fullback position.

Genuinely don't understand people on this forum, always questions about if the squad are good enough etc and yet players like Young are called "quality" my god, awful. Another player that wouldn't make the squad of all the top teams across Europe.

ravi2

Whatever people say about him, he's one that you could never say doesn't show the commitment.

He did one hard slide challenge in the second half that really got everyone going. Total commitment job.

I think I like him more these days then when he was a winger.
Obviously he should only be a squad player, but it's to his immense personal credit how he smashed his way into being a regular last season.

I wish he had the self awareness that G Neville had and realized that he isnt up to the level that United require anymore.

Zlatattack

Should be giving Dalot a starting chance. He's only 19 but so are Martial and Rashford, or there about. Dalot has looked good each time I've watched him for us.
Agree. I think he's phasing him in, especially because he had knee surgery.

Web of Bissaka

Good
-high level of effort, full of runnings and constant go in attacks.
-much better attacking than Tony V. Young did a lot more attacking runs and gave our team constant attacking options.
-One good final cross leading to our win.
-Defensively, good markings but..

Bad
-Beaten twice quickly by Muto.
-Captain of the day.
-Consistent crossings to Newcastle.
-Lose the ball for far too much.
-Defensively poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.