Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's ridiculous. Can't be real ffs.
I said this and I like Ashley Young tbh. I would get rid of him after many other players but if a team actually wants him, he should go. Our fans need to somehow organize some massive, serious and continious protest.
Enough is enough, the owners and their lapdog are in cruise patrol

clarkydaz

If what we are hearing is true our club captain was ready to bail on us while squad is down to bare bones. These are the leadership qualities we seek?

R'hllor

If what we are hearing is true our club captain was ready to bail on us while squad is down to bare bones. These are the leadership qualities we seek?
People who think that he is/was loyal servant dont deserve anything better.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Said it before, players are loyal to their well being first and foremost. The teary eyed fans well being and feelings are far down in their mind.

It's all just benefit between players and club/fans. So if one side is milking out the other, the other side is within their right to express their mind.
There's always exception to this general rule though.

JB7

let’s not get back to this - a leveraged buy out is perfectly normal. the football club is a business, if you want to blame anyone for the ownership that blame Edwards for floating on the stock exchange.

Should owners of clubs have to do what Roman does and pay in hundreds of millions of their own money to keep the club afloat?

the fact that they ‘haven’t put any of the own money in’ is completely irrelevant to how much we spend on transfer fees and wages.

Back to Young - given our injuries across the squad, and our inexperience and injury prone full backs, I’d rather he stayed until the summer. He’s still a good player, and I don’t imagine he will be anything but professional if he’s here for another few months.
It is not perfectly normal for the owners of a football club to take a billion pounds out of the club however you look at it.

It is not perfectly normal for the owners of a football club to take a billion pounds out of the club however you look at it.
We stopped being just a football club decades ago when we listed on the stock exchange. Now we are a business, and it is perfectly normal for its owners to take money out of the club.

anyway, this is the Ashy Young thread.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
He wants to leave, we want him gone. Where's the problem? Could be the club weren't Interested in giving Young another contract until Inter showed interest. The club then panicked and offered him a years deal and Young told them where to go. Good on him I say. If all the rumours are true.

PoTMS

Thank God he's on his way out. This season is a bust so won't even mind him leaving this window. Thank you Ashley for rejecting us. Best thing you've done in a long while.

SmallCaine

Di Marzio reporting young doesn't want to be named in the squad from now on. Why has he not been sacked as a captain if that's the case? Can't even imagine the reaction to this if pogba or Martial did this.

kouroux

He wants to leave, we want him gone. Where's the problem? Could be the club weren't Interested in giving Young another contract until Inter showed interest. The club then panicked and offered him a years deal and Young told them where to go. Good on him I say. If all the rumours are true.
Does the club want him gone ?

Kostov

People who think that he is/was loyal servant dont deserve anything better.
Exactly this.

Loyal for staying 5 years past his expiry date, on hugely inflated weekly wage of 120k a week he wouldn't get anywhere else in the world? Yeah that's some fecking loyalty. Some United fans deserve the Ed Woodward circus.

JPB

Thank god he's going. This is the best news we've had all season. Next should be Lingard, Jones and Lindelof.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Does the club want him gone ?
When I talk about we I'm taking about the supporters. The club I don't know about. His contract expires in the summer and it looks like it wasn't going to be renewed if Young is interested in going to Inter. Surely any contract extension would of been sorted already?

kouroux

When I talk about we I'm taking about the supporters. The club I don't know about. His contract expires in the summer and it looks like it wasn't going to be renewed if Young is interested in going to Inter. Surely any contract extension would of been sorted already?
We're talking about Woodward here, you never know.

Dve

Young is a handy player as he can be used both left and right. However, we do have Laird and Rojo, so maybe time to say goodbye. And I can understand why Young does not want to spend his last 1-2 years as a footballer as a 3rd choice (behind Williams/Shaw - Bissaka/Dalot), so this talk about "disloyalty" is a bit silly, IMO. Let him go this window, as this may be his one and only chance to get a decent contract somewhere else.

Dve

Di Marzio reporting young doesn't want to be named in the squad from now on. Why has he not been sacked as a captain if that's the case? Can't even imagine the reaction to this if pogba or Martial did this.
This you should not believe for a second. No chance in hell. In contrary, Ole praised his professionality as late as this morning.

IAmAWinner

Looking forward to him leaving. Bloody awful signing and should have been sold after the Moyes season when he had a second consecutive disastrous season.

kidbob

Young is a handy player as he can be used both left and right. However, we do have Laird and Rojo, so maybe time to say goodbye. And I can understand why Young does not want to spend his last 1-2 years as a footballer as a 3rd choice (behind Williams/Shaw - Bissaka/Dalot), so this talk about "disloyalty" is a bit silly, IMO. Let him go this window, as this may be his one and only chance to get a decent contract somewhere else.
Agree with this especially at the prospect of Laird moving up the chain. No problem with Young looking for one last change this late in his career.

Irwin99

Find it strange that people say 'We'll put Ethan Laird in the squad". Our squad is stretched pretty thin, we have very few leaders and we're fighting for 4th place and the EL. I wouldn't have been sad to see Young leave in any of the previous seasons but not midseason when hes one of the most senior players in the squad.

Find it strange that people say 'We'll put Ethan Laird in the squad". Our squad is stretched pretty thin, we have very few leaders and we're fighting for 4th place and the EL. I wouldn't have been sad to see Young leave in any of the previous seasons but not midseason when hes one of the most senior players in the squad.
Just be happy we are getting rid. Probably the worst regular starter we've ever had.

mu4c_20le

Just showed his highlights on MUTV and briefly discussed his career, guess he's off then

Dve

Young is off this window.

1. Young wants the move.
2. Ole is always keen on denying transfers that aren´t happening (cf. Pogba). When talking about Young today, it was more like "let´s see".
3. Borthwick-Jackson (LB) is called back from Tranmere.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Who of our regulars is worse? Hes been absolutely terrible for a few years now.
Currently?

Jones, Rojo, Lingard, Shaw, Matic,

He's also be quite good of late as he has been used sparingly... And in 2017-18 he was a very solid left back, so much so he justifiably started for England...so years is a definte exaggeration.

SmallCaine

This you should not believe for a second. No chance in hell. In contrary, Ole praised his professionality as late as this morning.
Don't know what to believe, i suppose the selected team should clear the picture a bit.

littleman

In what world is Young deserving of another 12 month 110k GBP contract?

Absolute dross from Ole.

Ship this guy out, rebuild the team.

GiddyUp

There are no fecking senior players in this squad. Greenwood & Williams are more composed and look more comfortable on the pitch then these senior players. Young/Jones/Smalling/DeGea/Lingard have been a disgrace when it came to carrying over SAF's ethos. Until we are cleansed of these mugs and Woodward is adequately taken care of we are stuck in this quagmire.

kirk buttercup

Good luck to him if he is on his way . Guy always gave 100% and one of the few I think that understood what it means to play for united

No Love

Good for him. It’s honestly a fantastic move for him at this stage of his career and he’s right to try and push it through this month, when you look at the Serie A table.

Their interest coincides with the fact that we should be looking to move him on, so with that said it should be an easy deal to do and an amicable one, at that. Wish him well and go our separate ways.

Would like to think there is no animosity between Young and the Club over the way things are being handled, although you just never know with Utd these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.