Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Currently?

Jones, Rojo, Lingard, Shaw, Matic,

He's also be quite good of late as he has been used sparingly... And in 2017-18 he was a very solid left back, so much so he justifiably started for England...so years is a definte exaggeration.
Jones, Rojo and Matic only play when we have no other choice, and there's no way he's better than Shaw. Lingard you could argue but at least he is like playing with 10 men, he just does nothing, Young often actively makes us worse.

SmallCaine

By every account Young is on his way to Milan. Because of that, he´s naturally not part of the squad.
The reports also suggest we don't want to let him leave in jan. Also Fernandes is involved in a transfer saga didn't stop sporting from starting him. Him not being even on the bench shows that the report indicating he asked to not be included might be true.

Last edited:

GoldanoGraham

Rumour has it he asked to be omitted from yesterday’s match day squad - he wants his move to Inter.......

I’m not being funny but are Inter becoming the Italian modern day version of Bryan Robson’s Middlesboro? They bought all our shagged out/crap/under performing squad players back in Fergie’s day......could be that Conte is gonna be the new messiah and take a lot of shit off our hands.....Forza Inter !!!!!

Dve

The reports also suggest we don't want to let him leave in jan. Also Fernandes is involved in a transfer saga didn't stop sporting from starting him. Him not being even on the bench shows that the report indicating he asked to not be included might be true.
If you´ve been following United for a while, you would know that at least half of all reports are BS. Why not listen to Ole´s own words instead commenting on Young´s situation. He said something in the lines with "we´ll see know the situation is come June, or February". That doesn´t sound like a transfer this window is ruled out, does it.

I have do doubt that Young wants to leave this window, and that he´s pressing for it, but not like "if you don´t let me go, I refuse to play". And why would he do that anyway? If it was so that he´s not allowed to leave this window (which he is btw, just wait and see), not being a part of the first team - in games or in training - is the best way for him to be ready for Inter? How would that benefit Young? And this would make Ole praise his professionalism? A big, wet, brown BS, that is.

SmallCaine

If you´ve been following United for a while, you would know that at least half of all reports are BS. Why not listen to Ole´s own words instead commenting on Young´s situation. He said something in the lines with "we´ll see know the situation is come June, or February". That doesn´t sound like a transfer this window is ruled out, does it.

I have do doubt that Young wants to leave this window, and that he´s pressing for it, but not like "if you don´t let me go, I refuse to play". And why would he do that anyway? If it was so that he´s not allowed to leave this window (which he is btw, just wait and see), not being a part of the first team - in games or in training - is the best way for him to be ready for Inter? How would that benefit Young? And this would make Ole praise his professionalism? A big, wet, brown BS, that is.
Ofcourse the report could be bs. But if he is still here come next week it would make no sense to drop him from the bench given how weak our bench is and that leaves only a single explanation that young doesn't want to be involved anymore.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I wish him all the best, he’s been a good servant all things considered and always been professional, hardworking and respectful of our club.

Italian birds now have somewhere to aim.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Further justification for me as I was arguing till I was blue in the face that we shouldn't have fully backed Conte in the market given his record.

90% of our fanbase genuinely wanted us to hand him a blank cheque :houllier::houllier:

NoPace

I said this and I like Ashley Young tbh. I would get rid of him after many other players but if a team actually wants him, he should go. Our fans need to somehow organize some massive, serious and continious protest.
Enough is enough, the owners and their lapdog are in cruise patrol
Even if the Glazers want to be evil, surely it still makes sense to pay for some decent decision makers even if you're making them work on a smaller budget themselves, it's not like the money we spend in the transfer market couldn't bring in decent talent.

Young was fine here, we could have won a lot with him as a wide player providing depth if we had aerial threats around but in the end I'd say the people who warned he wouldn't produce as much without Agbonlahor or Carew types were right. Would have done better here coming as United player if he'd come 10 years earlier I think, but you could say that about a lot of types (imagine Silvestre at LB in our current state).

SteveW

He's a bad player but he's been a good servant to the club and always given everything for the shirt. At his age it makes perfect sense to jump at this somewhat unexpected opportunity. Williams has pushed him out of the LB picture at United and Laird will soon do that at RB.

I'm really happy for him. I hope he has a great time in Serie A and I again feel very thankful to Inter for helping us continue our clear out.

Hopefully this means we'll see Laird a few times before the end of the season. If United supporters like Williams they are in for an absolute treat when Laird breaks through.

SteveW

If what we are hearing is true our club captain was ready to bail on us while squad is down to bare bones. These are the leadership qualities we seek?
Put yourself in his shoes. He'll be 35 this summer. Williams has pretty much ensured he will never play from now on. Laird is waiting in the wings for RB. Dalot is fit again. He could easily have gone the rest of the season without getting a game.

Then he gets this sudden opportunity to play in Italy for a good club that seem to need him. If he likes playing football he'd be an absolute idiot for not pushing for the move. Who wants to spend their final months as a footballer sitting in the stands? I don't blame him one little bit. It doesn't weaken us either.

Drifter

American
Some on here could not wait to see the back of him .But for me he was a great servant for the club and to play in a position which was not native to him for so many years showed his professionalism . Wish him well on his new chapter.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Been at this club far too long. Converted into an average fullback instead of moving him on like we should have done. Like any proper elite club would have done. The wages he was on for a while too was outrageous. Won't miss him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
And more importantly, the length of his new contract. He wanted 2 years, United offered him 1.
His contract at Inter is 6 months with an option for a further year

el3mel

Good luck Ashley. Wish him all the best there. Hopefully he helps them in their title race.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Further justification for me as I was arguing till I was blue in the face that we shouldn't have fully backed Conte in the market given his record.

90% of our fanbase genuinely wanted us to hand him a blank cheque :houllier::houllier:
Seems to be doing alright with Inter this season :confused:
He's buying players to suit his system, not to appease fans.

thomas porter

I wish him well. He always tried hard but will definitely go down as one of my least favorite players in a United shirt.

TrustInOle

Love it. Say what you want about Ashley, but the guy's heart and desire was always in the right place. Not many players, playing a specific position for most of their career would be happy to be played around as a winger, striker, Midfielder and Defender, but he got his head down and always gave his all. Alot to be admired and will surely miss his experience around the dressing room and team. Best of luck in his new venture.

Status
Not open for further replies.