Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

He does ok at LB. But RB you just know how bad its going to be. Its so bad, you expect it and its not annoying any more.
Did he take the corner for Scott’s miss?
Yeah. Every other one seemed way too over-hit. I know Neville said why are they going for the tactic of going backpost, but I dont think that was something we worked on.

peridigm

Every time he plays I think it's going to be his Gary Neville moment and announce his retirement.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Every time he plays I think it's going to be his Gary Neville moment and announce his retirement.
That'll never come from this spineless bird shit eater. He's on what? 110-120k a week?
Just embarassing. The whole club is an embarrassment :(

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Like having a go at a three legged horse for not winning a race. Blame the fecking jockey riding it.

In Rainbows

That'll never come from this spineless bird shit eater. He's on what? 110-120k a week?
Just embarassing. The whole club is an embarrassment :(
I've never understood this. Why doesn't he get less salary now that he's clearly not got the reputation he had when he initially transferred over?

LiamB

Lost the ball 26 times, more than any other player on the pitch, wow.

meamth

Was he the one who threw that stupid throw in to Lindelof?

I'm hunting the culprit.

jackal&hyde

Very bad game from him. Should not play but we had 3 injured full backs so it is what it is.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Our most experienced player is probably our most dumbest player. I will never understand why he didn't try to block the shot, instead he was appealing for offside when player was one on one with GK.

He was very poor, gives away possession so many times and concedes silly free kicks. He shouldn't play any game for us. He is done at top level.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
How can he inspire any confidence as the captain, when all his ability allows him to do is hoof it down the line? He has nothing in his locker except hard work. It's not enough.

On the plus side, some of his corners were actually decent last night. 15 years into his career he seems to have learned to actually pick out a target. Except for those last 2, which he went back to floating it aimlessly.

Kostov

I just can't stand the sight of him wearing the captain's armband. It makes me vomit. On top of being an absolute shit of a footballer, he is probably the dumbest creature in the stadium.

Bwuk

I don't understand why he played on the right and Axel on the left.

Young is normally better on the left, and Axel wasn't comfortable at all.

Bristol_Red_87

I dont' blame him anymore

I only blame Ole for playing him week in week out
This.

It's not Ashley Youngs fault he's a terrible full back.

OGS selections are starting to concern me more and more though. Why play your most inexperienced defender in his least favoured position? Doesn't make any logical sense.

They should have switched anyway to match Axel up with Saka, both of whom had decent games, and Young with Pepe, who were both atrocious!

The fact OGS didn't see this is probably more concerning than playing Young in the first instance.

SambaBoy

His corner technique is really weird. Why does he wind it up like that, overhit coming down with no pace on it. The one corner he took differently, and it was a very good ball that McTominay should have scored from.

The rest of his game was shocking. He's very limited at RB, just gets it and knocks it down the line, comes off someone's shin or to the opposition and that's it. For someone who used to be a great crosser of the ball, his delivery is terrible. There was a moment in the last 10minutes, where he got the ball in a lot of space, no urgency at all, and ended up passing it back, gets the ball again a few moments later and tries to knock it down the line where it gets cut out and Arsenal are on the attack.

I can't fault his effort but shows how far we have fallen when he's a first choice FB after one injury to our LB/RB.

R'hllor

Ole gave him a fecking contract, Jones extension was defended with makes sense comment, in Young case it was decent option as backup, which is just mental, in worst case scenario you could get same shit on way less money 100%. Also decent option as backup until he steps on the pitch for this or that reason.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Even his routine before taking corners annoys me.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't understand why he played on the right and Axel on the left.

Young is normally better on the left, and Axel wasn't comfortable at all.
I think we were scared of Pepes speed.

turns out Pepe is just a skinny Andy Carroll.

I think we expected young to be raiding up and down the right side but he rarely went forward once.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Has this guy ever been good for us? I mean truly good? One of the luckiest footballers in the game.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
How has this guy got to the age of 33 playing as a winger or wing back and still can't cross a ball, yet that's basically all he does? And he takes our fecking corners?!

I'd say that he should be no where near the first team, but that's been clearly the case for years now. When I think of players getting too much time despite not being good enough, I feel Young is sort of the figurehead. I feel bad saying it because he seems like a decent guy and I appreciate the effort he puts in when playing, but I can't think of a single thing he does to add to the team.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I can't fault his effort but shows how far we have fallen when he's a first choice FB after one injury to our LB/RB
I don't think think the intention was to play him this much. It's hard to say that yes, we're going to have two injuries and a sick day coming right at one time so we'd better have an additional backup player ahead of Young.

That said, you can see how much of a toll starting the last three or four matches had taken on him. He was abysmal last night. No spark at all. Every move easily read. I'd rather we promoted some unknown 16 year old from the youth set up and played him. At least you could forgive the mistakes in that scenario.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He wasn't good but I'll cut him some slack because I think even he knows he wasn't really supposed to play that much this season, and it's not his fault the club didn't forsee the inevitable that both our starting full backs would get injured. Add that to the fact he had to play on the right side which he's noticeably worse on, as he'd potentially have been torn to pieces by Pepe, and we knew exactly what we were going to get. Fingers crossed Shaw and Wan-Bissaka return to fitness soon.

Bwuk

I don't think think the intention was to play him this much. It's hard to say that yes, we're going to have two injuries and a sick day coming right at one time so we'd better have an additional backup player ahead of Young.

That said, you can see how much of a toll starting the last three or four matches had taken on him. He was abysmal last night. No spark at all. Every move easily read. I'd rather we promoted some unknown 16 year old from the youth set up and played him. At least you could forgive the mistakes in that scenario.
Agreed. I think Ole had faith that AWB and Shaw would remain fit (god knows why - Shaw never does).

I don't think it's fair on Young either to play every game. I don't think he seems up to it physically anymore.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Agreed. I think Ole had faith that AWB and Shaw would remain fit (god knows why - Shaw never does).

I don't think it's fair on Young either to play every game. I don't think he seems up to it physically anymore.
Yeah after last night it abundantly clear he is too old to play so much. He's feigned it before but last night truly was his Gary Neville moment.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ole needs to tell him that Fellaini no longer plays here and his crosses are equivalent of him flashing his chicken on the live stream.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Has this guy ever been good for us? I mean truly good? One of the luckiest footballers in the game.
A few years ago he was normally good when we played him at leftback. Particularly in the first half of 17/18, most on here agreed he'd been one of our best players and arguably the best leftback in the premier league during that period. Halfway through that season he picked up a suspension and a small injury around the same time, and when he came back he was average for the remainder of the season. Then in 18/19 we played him on the right instead and he was quite poor the entire season.

Jezpeza

Yeah, I'm pretty numb to it all. Still, he's atrocious.
Theres was an arsenal break forward where mctominay started 30 yards behind him and overtook him getting back to cover. So he's not even quick any more. No disrepect to Scotty T - i think hes a beast - but not the quickest player which shows how slow Young is

Newcastle 1:0 Man Utd

Based Adnan

Still shitting up the gaff as usual. No other top club would tolerate such a shite fullback even as a back up option. I'm sick of him. I'll pop champers for 24 hours the day he finally leaves this club.

el3mel

I honestly can't believe how a professional footballer can be so crap at getting the ball from the back it's unbelievable, especially when you see that guy was an ex winger. He gets the ball with his face to our goal, got pressed then hoofs it randomly up front to no one. He has always been like that it's unbelievable.

Crap.

nyanza

Must be hilarious for opposition fans seeing him as our starting fullback against them year after year. Occasionally captaining the side as well.

Josep Dowling

Very bad game from him. Should not play but we had 3 injured full backs so it is what it is.
Points to recruitment again though. He should have been replaced a long time ago. And given Shaw’s injury history it was surely paramount we got a second LB in. Even someone like Bertrand or similar. We don’t necessarily have to buy a £60m player each time, the board needs to realise this.

Status
Not open for further replies.