Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Must do the honourable thing and leave of his own accord. He must know at some level that he's not good enough anymore.

klayton88

He takes a good throw in though. The way he tricks the opposition with his four 'fake' throws before releasing an exquisite throw to the tightest marked teammate will never be rivalled.

Renegade

Must be hilarious for opposition fans seeing him as our starting fullback against them year after year. Occasionally captaining the side as well.
Ocassionally? His the club captain of Manchester United. I can’t believe he still plays games.

Paddymcc

It's truly disheartening seeing him on a team sheet. All he does is launch the ball up the wing/into the forwards as soon as he spots someone coming closer.

There comes a stage, which was long ago, that simply giving your all is simply not good enough and we have had to deal with this for years.

Playing Valencia and Young as left or right backs has been criminal and a mistake made by 4 different managers now.

Jonno

It's truly disheartening seeing him on a team sheet. All he does is launch the ball up the wing/into the forwards as soon as he spots someone coming closer.

There comes a stage, which was long ago, that simply giving your all is simply not good enough and we have had to deal with this for years.

Playing Valencia and Young as left or right backs has been criminal and a mistake made by 4 different managers now.
To be fair, I don’t think Ole, or we for that matter will have banked on both AWB, Dalot and Shaw all being injured so soon this season.

Paddymcc

To be fair, I don’t think Ole, or we for that matter will have banked on both AWB, Dalot and Shaw all being injured so soon this season.
But the Young problems at right or left back go back much further than just this season. He wasnt good enough last season, the season before that, the season before that.

He was an above average winger on a good day!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonno

But the Young problems at right or left back go back much further than just this season. He wasnt good enough last season, the season before that, the season before that.

He was an above average winger on a good day!
We tried to address it by bringing Dalot in, Wan Bissaka in. We need a left back next summer, that should then be the end of it for Young. I don’t dislike Young, he is way past his peak and he comes in to do a job whilst others are injured. It’s just that he’s absolutely awful.

UnitedFan93

Watching him play makes me ill. Let's hope this is his final season at the club and that the Ashley Young banter era will soon be over.

AlwaysRed66

I don't know why there was so much hate for him as he was one of our better players today. He took over the set pieces, did well, & could have had two assists if Maguire & Rojo didn't fluff the balls he put into them. Also he made some good crosses in the game but Rashford just stood still like a tailors dummy & never run on to them. Just before he went off we had a free kick just outside the area, & Perriera somehow claimed the ball, & shot it directly into the wall. At least Young gave his all, & although maybe not a great player, at least tries unlike some of these poseurs.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I agree, one or our better players today and actually looked most likely to create a goal.

Says more about the rest of the team than it does about him though, unfortunately.

cj_sparky

Don't see why he has to take every corner.....every free kick. He is like Ole's Phil Jones (LVG's corner taker supreme).

The Maguire chance was his best corner. The rest were pretty poor and they are all the same type. Though that is obviously from the coaching staff/ manager.

Today wasn't his worst game, but the performances to compare it with are dire.

Based Adnan

Why is a guy who was never good enough for us in his actual position as a winger still at the club 9 years later being not good enough for us as a full back?

He is the shining example of the poor squad management that has plagued us post Fergie.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
That corner he took where he just chipped the bal into the area was so hilarious.
Proper Banter Era :lol:

JK-27

Why is a guy who was never good enough for us in his actual position as a winger still at the club 9 years later being not good enough for us as a full back?

He is the shining example of the poor squad management that has plagued us post Fergie.
This. This guy has been bad for years and yet somehow he's considered the best option at left back?

Foxbatt

He is a fake. Does anyone notice that he never gets tight on any player? That means he lets the player cross the ball and Young turns his back to the ball.

Heinzesight

I don’t want him in our team either. I do like his attitude but not his performances. Saying that...he’s better than Dalot who is absolute turd.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Strangely, I can see him as a good squad player even at SAF conquering team. He has the energy, fight, and a good bit of skill, defending, and even crossing here and there. Just don't expect him to do anything extraordinary. He's like John O'Shea.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
A good squad player yes but I seriously can see Young won't have the leg anymore next season. After the world cup, he's been getting worse & worse and it reminds me of Antonio Valencia before his final season.

We better start thinking about signing a new left back in the summer.

Marcelinho87

Ashley Young epitomises everything wrong with United and that is pure averageness being rewarded over and over... He should have been shipped out when SAF left as it was evident then he wasn't good enough and I'm not sure he ever was.

With that said I don't blame Young at all, this isn't is his fault and you can't deny his effort.

red4ever 79

Disgrace that this guy is still starting at the club. How many times did he give the ball away yesterday. Young, Matic, Mata, Jones, Rojo its the same as having a dog shit on your shoe and you need to cut it loose to get rid of the smell. Those 5 should have been offloaded

R'hllor

He aint even good enough to be on a bench, still cant believe Ole gave him a new contract, fecking hell.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is so bad and reached such a low levels that I'm surprised when he completes the pass. One more example of experience for the sake of it is not good enough. In any club you hear that senior players sets the standards, our senior players are Young, Mata, Matic. No wonder we are shit.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He wouldn't be on the bench of past Uniteds great teams, yet he captains this version, that says everything about how much our standards have been lowered through the years.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Young is doing his best, but his situation sums up the club perfectly in more ways than one.

Mourinho should have replaced him last year but instead put their hopes into Dalot being a potential replacement. Now we’ve had to put 50m into replacing him, but shaw is just as bad and unreliable! Now we’ve got 2 injury prone fullbacks and stuck with playing young all over again.

while defensively he still does an ok job his ball work is pathetic. I’d rather give the game time to Williams.

Djemba-Djemba

I loathe him.

I know that's strong, and it's not his fault he keeps getting picked but I'm just fecking sick of him.

We've had almost 9 years of his complete shit.

Hansa

He still does a great Imaginary Lat pose whenever he's arguing with the refs, though.

M16Red

In any club you hear that senior players sets the standards, our senior players are Young, Mata, Matic. No wonder we are shit.
This, so much. Imagine looking over and seeing young as your captain. Just give it to Harry Maguire and send young to the reserves to captain them.

No joke I'd prefer William there.

forlans.second

For me he epitomizes everything that is currently wrong at the club. Being used out of position for years on end, having his contract renewed when he clearly isn't up to the required level. Coming out in defence of the teams effort when we lose at home to Cardiff. His petulant chasing of referees to hide the fact he's given the ball away yet again. How has it come to this!!

Classical Mechanic

He actually has our highest xA this season. His big chances created have come from corners. Maguire missed a big one yesterday and was it Rojo against Arsenal too?

Devil81

Why didn't he shoot when Greenwood slipped him in during the second half, instead he tried to square the ball.

Just a terrible decision to make when desperate for a goal.

Hawks2008

I genuinely loathe him, the sight of him with the armband disgusts me. The shining example of where we're at as a club.

gr3yham3

1) Why the feck didn't he shoot?
2) Can no one else take a corner or a free kick from deep?? Same woeful, floaty crosses all the fecking time.
As De Gea said post match: they scored from OUR corner, where another shit corner allowed them to counter attack.

In fact, I noticed most teams leave 2 upfront when we earn a corner these days. They know we are hopeless at them and more likely than not will present them with the chance to counter after clearing the next crap cross that Young puts in.

Dont tell me about the 1 good corner that Maguire should have scored from - throw enough shite on the wall and some will stick. That was the first good corner I seen in MONTHS.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As De Gea said post match: they scored from OUR corner, where another shit corner allowed them to counter attack.

In fact, I noticed most teams leave 2 upfront when we earn a corner these days. They know we are hopeless at them and more likely than not will present them with the chance to counter after clearing the next crap cross that Young puts in.

Dont tell me about the 1 good corner that Maguire should have scored from - throw enough shite on the wall and some will stick. That was the first good corner I seen in MONTHS.
It's one of the things that drives me absolutely insane watching us. I cannot fathom just how we are so utterly hopeless at them, and there absolutely no signs of improving. I laugh every fecking time I see Young stood over a free kick from a crossing position or a corner.

gr3yham3

It's one of the things that drives me absolutely insane watching us. I cannot fathom just how we are so utterly hopeless at them, and there absolutely no signs of improving. I laugh every fecking time I see Young stood over a free kick from a crossing position or a corner.
It's not just Young though, in fairness. Regardless of who takes them, I harbour no hope that we will score from a set piece. Such a far cry from the days when we had Becks, Giggsy etc taking them. Young just epitomises how far we have fallen, what with him being club captain and all.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's not just Young though, in fairness. Regardless of who takes them, I harbour no hope that we will score from a set piece. Such a far cry from the days when we had Becks, Giggsy etc taking them. Young just epitomises how far we have fallen, what with him being club captain and all.
To be honest I agree, we are woeful at them in general. I think it is just the fact I see Young so often the one taking that it just infuriates me.

I struggle to think of a worse player in a United shirt. He's even giving Bebe a run for his money now.

Status
Not open for further replies.