Contract until: 30.06.2020
Date of last contract extension: Feb 11, 2019
Outfitter: Adidas​

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
A player most famous for being shat in the mouth, and whose forward passes have become the footballing equivalent of blindfolded 'pin the tail on the donkey'; Ashley Young provides good leadership in the dressing room, but precious little on the pitch. United fans are eagerly anticipating the club captaining keeping new 50m signing Aaron Wan-Bissaka on the bench by prolonging his scintillating 2018/19 form.

Last edited:

Based Adnan

A player most famous for being shat in the mouth, and whose forward passes have become the footballing equivalent of blindfolded 'pin the tail on the donkey'; Ashley Young provides good leadership in the dressing room, but precious little on the pitch. United fans are eagerly anticipating the club captaining keeping new 50m signing Aaron Wan-Bissaka on the bench by prolonging his scintillating 2018/19 form.
Based on what? I feel like people think he's a good leader purely based on the fact he's somehow been here for as long as he has and got the arm band as a result. Infact on the pitch I've seen the complete opposite. Moaning at other people for his own mistakes and being the main culprit for our bad performances consistently.

Irwin99

Only saw the highlights but looked alright. A few good passes in behind.

Those thinking we'd seen the last of him after AWB signed :lol: He'll play at left back when called upon this season, i'm pretty sure of it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought he actually played pretty well. I don't think he'll get on peoples' nerves half as much now he's not a starter (well, hopefully not). He'll probably mostly fill in at LB when we need him to.

BulgarianDevil91

People seem to forget he was one of the sharpest and agile attacking-minded players back in the day, who was transformed into a makeshift full back. It's not his fault he had to be a regular starter for us, as it's due to poor scouting/player acquisition. Had proper full backs been bought inthe last few years he'd not have been featured so often, in my opinion.

R'hllor

Extending his contract was a big mistake, his wages could be used for something better. People seem already forgot last season, rather see a youngster taking his spot on lower wages but it is what it is, he is here to stay for another season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Was one of our best players for most of the first half, although got a bit sloppy towards the end of it.

He's generally been better at leftback than he has at rightback, so hopefully he's capable of being a good backup to Shaw for one more season.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Played well, looked really fit. I agree with ^ of prefering him on the left. He's used to attacking from that side so he does a little more going forward. On the right he's one dimensional but on the left he cuts it which full backs frankly aren't that used to defend against (defending against full backs that cut in I mean). I also refrains him from just whipping in a high cross to no one a little more.

Walters_19_MuFc

Linked up well with James. Made some really nice passes in behind. Will be a utility player next season, which I don't mind, if it means coming in for the odd cup games.

Allas8

As long as he keeps on try taking out Leeds players he can keep playing as long as he likes

Based Adnan

Seeing him on the pitch, even in pre season, is like wearing a pair of wet socks.

Kevin_

When they called his name for substitutions to come on he was booed by half the stadium, quiet disgraceful if I’m honest.

Gomes

That disgusting Twitter crowd finally got to visit a game it seems. Embarrassing.

Last edited:

Onerealunited

Embarrassing from the crew. He has though so far played very good today and has had some excellent passes.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Honestly, piss off with these kind of posts.

He's been good and will be a good backup for the season.
Just put in a hell of a cross for Mata(?) and forced the Handanovic save which led to the goal, I'm not his biggest fan but credit where it's due.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Just put in a hell of a cross for Mata(?) and forced the Handanovic save which led to the goal, I'm not his biggest fan but credit where it's due.
For me, he's always been miles better on the left. But yeah, I'd rather our fans not personally attack our backup players. The Singapore fans who boo'd him were disgraceful.

ravi2

Honestly, piss off with these kind of posts.

He's been good and will be a good backup for the season.
I don't think he is even a good backup anymore. I would prefer an academy player get the minutes.
Having said that I don't think booing him is helpful.

NoLogo

Really don't get the abuse. The lad has always given his all. That he isn't good enough to play FB at the highest level but we still didn't buy anyone to replace him isn't his fault. I think he has never been anything less than a class act either, no scandals, no off field bullshit. :mad:

Godfather

Shut these cnuts up nicely today. Good performance. Of course he's pretty much finished though but he always played his heart out for us. No need to fecking boo him.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Really don't get the abuse. The lad has always given his all. That he isn't good enough to play FB at the highest level but we still didn't buy anyone to replace him isn't his fault. I think he has never been anything less than a class act either, no scandals, no off field bullshit. :mad:
Booing a player is just dumb. It's the same as when people booed Fellaini. He's unfairly become a symbol of our decline as a club.

I blame the people in control of planning the team instead, that made him a starter. Thankfully, this season he will just be a backup.

As for Young himself, he's been a top professional for us over a number of years, which is all you can ask for.

Andersons Dietician

There was a pass he played today which was brilliant. He’s surely going to be back up and I’m alright with that as he actually seems like quite a good captain. Always sticking up for our players and is honestly quite mouthy so even when his performances maybe aren’t top level he is doing a good job.

Infestissumam

those booing "fans" can feck right off. Young is obviously past it and not more than a backup these days, but he's always been a professional and he'll always give everything he has. Booing him is beyond stupid and I'm glad he responded with another good performance. Really liked him vs Perth too.

Godfather

Booing a player is just dumb. It's the same as when people booed Fellaini. He's unfairly become a symbol of our decline as a club.
Who was also a player that never complained and always fought. Ridiculous booing a player just because he might not be good enough (anymore). If a player is half heartedly strolling around the park then fair enough. But players like Young don't deserve this kind of shit.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The Booing was embarrassing

Yagami

Good post resistant
Really disappointing to see him booed.

Like with Fellaini, I wanted neither here and don't think either were ever good enough in the first place, but neither deserved to be booed by our own fans. Especially when - despite their limitations as players - they always gave their all.

Dante

Average bang
Played a couple of great passes and was instrumental in our first goal.
Yep. Pretty much involved in every good move we had in the second half. You can see why he's captain.

He'll be our 3rd of 4th choice fullback this season.

Are there any 3rd or 4th choice fullbacks better than him in the league?

Raven

Booing a specific player from you're own team is disgraceful, no matter what the circumstances. Booing a really poor team performance is okay in my eyes, but never an individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.