Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Spades

The booing was stupid. He looks good in the pre-season, and better on the left than the right.

El Zoido

Shame on the “fans” who booed him. Never faulted his attitude and application, despite being atrocious for many games. Last season is behind us, and he’s getting booed, for what? Utd fans in Singapore getting to see the team for the first time in ages, or perhaps ever, and you spend time booing one of your own. Disgraceful.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Disgraceful from those so called supporters. feck them. Young is somebody who has always given 100%, never complained about anything, filled in admirably in any role asked of him and has been at the club for like 8 years already and won loads of trophies. He is now a back up fullback, which nobody should have the slightest bit of annoyance at having him in a role like that. Having a versatile player like that as a back up fullback is exactly what you want to have.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Twats booing him. Hes a model pro and will help the young lads with off the field stuff.

Right he's not that good anymore but i like him a lot as an individual. He seems like a decent chap

Chunk of hope

Twats booing him. Hes a model pro and will help the young lads with off the field stuff.

Right he's not that good anymore but i like him a lot as an individual. He seems like a decent chap
I bet those idiots who booed him missed it when Ashley went over to Chong and had a talk to him after he was on the end of a few rough challenge's, things like this go unnoticed to many.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Johnson

I have no problem with booing him. We're stuck with a shit 34 year old footballer, milking the club for 110k every week until he himself decides it's too embarrassing to continue. The booing can help us get rid of him faster

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Booing a player who gives his all and remains professional is nothing short of outrageous. If he's playing on poor performances you direct your anger at the people picking him in the first XI or the CEO for not replacing his position sooner.

"Fans" who boo-ed him are nothing short of thick shits who can feck as far away from our club as possible.

Cloud7

Hopefully this thread remains inactive throughout the season.

AdamAdams

Reinvented himself as a full back and will be a valuable member of the squad as an experienced pro and back up to Shaw. Helped us out playing right back last year as Dalot was not ready, he's actually better at left back though.

edcunited1878

I have no problem with booing him. We're stuck with a shit 34 year old footballer, milking the club for 110k every week until he himself decides it's too embarrassing to continue. The booing can help us get rid of him faster
Well, I have zero sympathy with Young. He's shit. He deserved to get booed like that.
Booooo fecking hoo...been more available to play for the shirt, stand up for himself and his teammates during good times and bad times, never hid from the media when someone had to speak for so many bad results, been captain when nobody else frankly acted like one or held themselves accountable.

We all know his talent isnt there anymore but he gets on the pitch because he's a pro. Outworked Valencia and then Dalot. Was trusted to be captain over DDG, Pogba, Smalling, Rashford, Mata, Herrera, etc.

Djemba-Djemba

He was an average winger who is now an old crap full back.

It's sad he's still at the club and will play plenty of games this season, but that's where Utd are at the moment.

RedCurry

The booing was stupid. He looks good in the pre-season, and better on the left than the right.
He always has. It’s such an easy thing to figure out as well. Even in his winger days he was always better on the left side. He’d be a solid 6.5/10 left-back backup option. Play him as RB and he’s suddenly a 3/10 player.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I like Young and I don't agree with the booing, but it's hilarious to see all the short memories here. He was absolutely finished last season, and now off the back of a few good performances in meaningless friendlies, suddenly he's good enough to be our LB and/or a "valuable squad player".

Web of Bissaka

Wow, two games so far, clearly there's a spike up in quality of performance when pairing up with James on the left wing, especially when we're attacking and keeping possession. Performance drop when Martial and Rashford is in front of him at LB.

That said, still not good enough defensively.

Disappointed he doesn't let Pereira have that freekick. Geez captain.

R'hllor

Keep him away as far as possible and count days of his contract.

Alemar

Well, today Luke Shaw didn’t have a good game. As such, Young’s performance in the same role today was anything but “bad” in comparison. Still he shouldn’t take direct free kicks (indirect he might)

bondsname

Ashley Young deserves all the criticism he gets, but he gets way too much abuse. He always gives it his all even if it's not enough, he loves the team and he always sticks up for his team mates. But when people tell him to feck off back to his bird -shit diet, that's a bit over the line.

diarm

I didn't think he was good at all. I thought he was frustrating with the ball and a bit rash off it.

We barely had to defend in the first half but I thought his lazy non-attempt to jog back for the Dele Alli chance was as bad as Rojo's effort last week.

Based Adnan

Question - Do people consider Ashley Young a loyal servant of the club?

I'm of the opinion that he's been at a club far bigger and earned far more than a player of his ability should. His loyalty has never come into question because similar level clubs have never been in for him because he's not good enough. Wherever he went would have been a step down both in terms of stature but also wages so I don't consider him staying here as long as he has as loyalty. What do you think?

Sir Scott McToMinay

I'm of the opinion that he's been at a club far bigger and earned far more than a player of his ability should. His loyalty has never come into question because similar level clubs have never been in for him because he's not good enough. Wherever he went would have been a step down both in terms of stature but also wages so I don't consider him staying here as long as he has as loyalty. What do you think?
Loyalty is usually only talked about when it comes to piss poor and bang average players who were never going to earn what they’re paid here anywhere else.
Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes were loyal players, they could’ve played for most teams in Europe, whilst making more money than they’ve made here.
Talking about Ashley Young as a loyal servant to the club is a disrespect to the fantastic players we’ve had over the years.

RedTiger

Half mast

You can judge him all you want on the last 4 years but I think it's a little disrespectful to claim he was lucky to be at a club of our stature. When we bought him in 2011 he could have easily gone to any other top Prem team as a solid squad player (keep in mind we bought him as a squad player) I always liked him in his winger days for both Watford and Villa. The only reason Ashley hasn't been moved on is basically because he is now one of our most experienced players along with Ddg, Jones and Smalling, you can't just start a brand new new squad from nothing, you need to have that connection and understanding of the club within the squad.

As to his loyalty, yes he is loyal. He's an attacking player who played both fullback positions with no complaints while getting shit on by some sections of our supporters, I've seen worse players complain about conditions and playing out of position at other clubs.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You can judge him all you want on the last 4 years but I think it's a little disrespectful to claim he was lucky to be at a club of our stature. When we bought him in 2011 he could have easily gone to any other top Prem team as a solid squad player (keep in mind we bought him as a squad player) I always liked him in his winger days for both Watford and Villa. The only reason Ashley hasn't been moved on is basically because he is now one of our most experienced players along with Ddg, Jones and Smalling, you can't just start a brand new new squad from nothing, you need to have that connection and understanding of the club within the squad.

As to his loyalty, yes he is loyal. He's an attacking player who played both fullback positions with no complaints while getting shit on by some sections of our supporters, I've seen worse players complain about conditions and playing out of position at other clubs.
And a bird.

Red_toad

So did I hear right in presser, when he plays he wears the Captians arm band? So confirmed Captain for next season...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So did I hear right in presser, when he plays he wears the Captians arm band? So confirmed Captain for next season...
When he plays he will, dunno who's gonna wear it when he's not on the pitch though.

Red_toad

When he plays he will, dunno who's gonna wear it when he's not on the pitch though.
He's hopefully taking Valencia's role last season. I want Maguire to lead the team, he's the outstanding character to do it.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
So he’s the new permanent captain then?

Robertd0803

So he’s the new permanent captain then?
Club captain. I would imagine/hope he wont be getting a lot of game time though so wont have it on the pitch a lot.

Same as Gary Neville being club captain during 2007/2009 while being injured for the majority of the time with the ankle injury (?). Did whatever the club captain does behind the scenes but no on pitch influence.

Based Adnan

Think people will be surprised at just how much he'll play next season. Wouldn't be surprised to see 30 apps...

Status
Not open for further replies.