Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamboozler

I think the captain moniker is more of a symbol and to give some seniority in the dressing room. Personally I think he is well past his prime and needs to be spelled in and out of the team. I am appreciative of his work ethic over the years but his a liability at times, proven by a number of really poor choices in last nights game, albeit pre-season. He's not a natural defender, and doesn't possess the skill to be an outright attacking player. His work rate and delivery are his best assets, but i'm not convinced thats enough anymore in the modern game.

Based Adnan

Who do you suppose will he dropped to accommodate Young for 30 games?
No-one will be dropped, more rotation+injuries. He'll get games in the FA/League cup, Europa league and the league if Ole wants to rest/we have injuries.

maizan2502

Feeling a bit desperate. Could Ashley Young be changed into a DM? I just looked it up and saw he played DM against Hull in 2015.

Feeling a bit desperate. Could Ashley Young be changed into a DM? I just looked it up and saw he played DM against Hull in 2015.
Ha ha.

If you’re desperate for a DM (and have completely given up on Matic) then Phil Jones is the player you should seek solace in. He’s experienced there & is actually a pretty decent DM.

I’m personally happy to see how Pigba & McTom work out.

Foxbatt

Yes Jones has played in midfield a few times. He is also not scared of throwing himself about and tackling people too. Sometimes he does not know what he is doing is the main problem with Jonesy.

Red00012

Ha ha.

If you’re desperate for a DM (and have completely given up on Matic) then Phil Jones is the player you should seek solace in. He’s experienced there & is actually a pretty decent DM.

I’m personally happy to see how Pigba & McTom work out.
Experienced ?? He might have played a few games under Fergie but it didn’t last long and definitely doesn’t make him experienced :lol:
And he’s pretty decent at nothing.

nyanza

He played as a striker as well under LVG. Maybe that's why we didn't get a Lukaku replacement.

mu4c_20le

Made a few interceptions at the back as well, seems like the time on the sidelines has helped him.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Probably an unpopular opinion but he’s a far better option than Shaw.

Idxomer

He played alright. Had some bad moment in the 1st half but improved a lot in the 2nd.

Devil may care

My heart sank when I saw him coming on, but he was ok, lets not get carried away though, he was nothing more than that.

Sylar

I did find it funny when Maguire told him to leave the free kick to lindelof

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes better on the left than at tight back IMO. Will likely be in for Southampton, Leicester and West Ham, so it's not awful and I think he'll manage fine. Better than Shaw going forward anyway.

Based Adnan

Shame Dalot is injured. Would rather give Brandon Williams a chance. Young is fully washed up and will cost us. I'd rather a youngster cost us and learn as opposed to known entity Ashley Young.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Had a pretty decent game on Saturday from what I saw. Can really whip in a ball still.

KGBhoy

I think there is nothing wrong with having Young as a backup LB or even RB. He's not the future, but he's not as terrible as people want to make him sound. His crosses aren't always great, but in many games he actually presents decent attacking threat. In fact, I often catch myself thinking that he's our most dangerous player!

Omahahaha

I think there is nothing wrong with having Young as a backup LB or even RB. He's not the future, but he's not as terrible as people want to make him sound. His crosses aren't always great, but in many games he actually presents decent attacking threat. In fact, I often catch myself thinking that he's our most dangerous player!
Agreed. I also think he will play better when he doesn't have to play every game.

Lee565

Not the end of the world, he is actually decent as a left full/wing back with his in swinging crossing, shame we dont have a good header of the ball around the box when he gets the chance to produce one with fellaini, lukaku gone and pogba now having to play deep to make up for inexcusably not bothering to sign a defensive midfielder when it looks clear Solskjear doesn't believe in matic anymore as a first team player.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
In terms of getting into attacking positions he's easily our best fullback. Sometimes that works well as it creates space for our other players. Just a shame that his passing and crossing isn't particularly good, although I'm hoping that on the left he won't just hit the ball up the line as much as he was last season on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.