Ashley Young - Captain of Manchester United

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Don't worry guys, Smalling will take over the armband in 2022!

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm old - i feel old, my legs are not as quick anymore and I have lost my agility needed to actually dribble and pass the ball efficiently. You know what I'll do? I'll just hoof the ball all game and then act tough and yell at people. That should do it. Yea that should get me another contract. I'm a Manchester United Captain.

Fecking brilliant.

freeurmind

weak willed
Young yelling at others after playing people onside and generally doing feck all to help defensively is almost as annoying as Lukaku giving the thumbs up to passes and crosses hit 100 feet over his head.

dave1956

I am sure that Young has had that Neville moment when he knows that he can no longer play effectively at his present level. Unfortunately I do not believe that he will do as Neville did and retire, because he also knows that he has a contract extension at a wage level he would not be offered at any other club, so why retire or seek a transfer. Even if not selected he will still be on a good wage for at least the next 18 months, which is a lot of Saturday shopping days in Manchester.

BlueHaze

I'm old - i feel old, my legs are not as quick anymore and I have lost my agility needed to actually dribble and pass the ball efficiently. You know what I'll do? I'll just hoof the ball all game and then act tough and yell at people. That should do it. Yea that should get me another contract. I'm a Manchester United Captain.

Fecking brilliant.
It's a fecking joke. He wouldn't even start for Sheffield Wednesday. I'd rather still have Fellaini in the squad ahead of this bald joke. I want an autograph from that bird who shat in his mouth.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
At least, he should do the honor by refusing to Captain the team.

How do you inspire others when he's putting in shite performances game after game?

"hey senor Herrera, you were shite last game!"
"yeh, maybe. But then compared to you.."
"say no more. hey.. hey. Matic! Matic!!!.."

Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

Patrick08

Captain who thinks giving the ball away Is okay in every risky pass.

RedCurry

It’s also equally sad that not one person in the squad can legitimately claim it. Too many fragile personalities.

BlackBen

I like him. He cares. Of course, he is not good enough to be a starter for a club aspiring to compete with with the elites, but he is the best RB in our team. That's not his fault.
He is not the best rb in the team. Dalot is way better than him. Older doesn't mean better.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
We're too nice. We never booed a player on the pitch for being shite for a few season.

That's how players like jones smailing young Mata are still in the team. We're not ruthless enough.

Those batch of deadwood will be sold off or booed out of the team in some other top european team.

Our standard seems to have fallen to giving his all on the pitch (aka not moaning and running all day, while pocketing wages they'd never get elsewhere), score a few good games during contract negotiations and voila becoming fans favorite all over again.

Heck young being made captain....

Hawks2008

Not fit to wear the shirt let alone the armband, though he isn't the only one. We have some good players but our bottom level is awful because of mediocre players we continue to offer contracts to instead of moving them on. Ole needs to be ruthless this summer.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's just a terrible, disgusting human being in need of a good flogging.

wolvored

He doesnt pick the team. This is on Ole to drop him. Dalot could play there, but is better as a winger. We could try Darmian there, even though he is probably leaving. Herrera the same. Even Jones, who could play as shit as him. Havent we got a youth player right back any good, could get a bit of experience.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think I hate him. I think I hate most of our players.
He's a disgrace.

GHam

I can’t remember disliking watching a player play for us so much.

His face. His kicking technique. The way he runs like a crab would walk. The fact he’s absolutely fecking hoching.

We were better when down to ten and that isn’t exaggeration.
So true. I've never seen anyone run like he does. It's like he has an invisible rubber ring around his waist that he rests his arms on as he runs.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He tries hard but is not god enough. I would put him on the transfer list today. We get a new right back and Dalot as back up. It’s a pity Dalot is not that good as yet defensively for us but he’s got plenty of time.

I was ok with Young being a backup but would prefer a youth player getting that chance. Signed an extension so we should get some fee for him.

The worst is his lack of composure. It bloody kills me. Absolutely terrible.

kps88

We're overplaying him, mainly because Darmian and Valencia seem to be permanently injured. Last night was a good chance to start Dalot over him but then Rashford got injured and Martial wasn't fully fit so we had to start Dalot further up the pitch. This squad is so broken we're being forced to play our back up right back further up the pitch because the alternative is Mata out wide. And for all his faults, I'd still trust him in a big game more than Rojo.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Sums the club up that we’re unable to keep hold of players like Herrera without being forced to offer an extortionate wage and at the same time keeping hold of mediocre players like Young year after year on extortionate wages relative to their skill bracket and making them captain of the club.

He shouldn’t have had such a long career at this club and as a first teamed as well for the most part - simple as.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's time to raise the standard. Enough of footballers like this who have no business playing for such a huge football club. Let's prioritise technical ability, excellence and intelligence much more than we do.

And for a long time, I've wondered how on earth Young plays for Manchester United let alone starts for the club and wears the armband. He's bang average and another misfit. We have too many for a club that wants exciting football but hangs on to these sort of limited players because they have HEART. Feck that.

ROFLUTION

The state of some of the Ashley Young threads and comments are beyond disgraceful. "Despicable human being", "flock him", "I hate him", "lets boo him", etc

Okay, he should probably be gone soon, but let's not turn into carnage. Please. We sound like an Angry KKK mob with torches.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We're too nice. We never booed a player on the pitch for being shite for a few season.

That's how players like jones smailing young Mata are still in the team. We're not ruthless enough.

Those batch of deadwood will be sold off or booed out of the team in some other top european team.

Our standard seems to have fallen to giving his all on the pitch (aka not moaning and running all day, while pocketing wages they'd never get elsewhere), score a few good games during contract negotiations and voila becoming fans favorite all over again.

Heck young being made captain....
I really hope Ole focuses heavily on being great on the ball. We'll get nowhere till we do that. Lukaku up top, Young at RB. No RW. And the list goes on.

Raw

The state of some of the Ashley Young threads and comments are beyond disgraceful. "Despicable human being", "flock him", "I hate him", "lets boo him", etc

Okay, he should probably be gone soon, but let's not turn into carnage. Please. We sound like an Angry KKK mob with torches.
Yeah it's getting a bit ridiculous in here. I don't want Young starting but it's not his fault the squad is lacking in good investment, it's not his fault we decided to give him a contract extension, it's not his fault we decided to make him captain. With Fellaini gone he's now the new lightning rod of hate.

OneLoveMUFC

Nothing against him as a person, probably one of a few who really care. However, its an absolute disgrace we have got to this stage where starts for us after delivering abject performances week in week out, at the age he is where he's on a further decline. His passing is atrocious and he simply cannot defend. He gives the ball away so much and offers nothing going forward.

At least Dalot can attack and Darmian can defend. Surely either of those have to be a better option. I know Fred messed up for the first goal but to try and play offside instead of just following the run was lazy and criminal. The less said about the red the better.

Looking at the league table, Young doesn't start for any of the other teams in the top 10.

Burkeovic

The problem is he's captain because he epitomizes the problems we have rather than being the route cause of them. Take him out and we're still going to panic in games just the same.
The problem i have with him is a captain is meant to led by example some example he sets at times he was shocking yesterday made only 52% pass completion.

Fergie_time

The main issue I have - is that our main senior leader, motivator, player who needs to dig deep and rally the team; is hitting useless long balls, losing possession, being reckless in every challenge. Pogba, should be the leader and captain - but I do not trust him at all, last night he was utter tripe; when Young got sent off - he should of been our go-to-leader, but he failed.

We have no leaders on the pitch - that is our biggest issue!!

How can OGS build a team around Pogba? Pogba has no leadership qualities at all, and he seems to be going through the motions.

Sorry, Ashley Young - time to step back, and do what's right for the team.

TRUERED89

Lets not forget his role in Wolves's equaliser, standing there ball watching trying to play a suicidal offside trap rather than tracking his runner. complete an utter b*llend!

fellaini's barber

The fact that Ole approved extensions for Jones and Young is already giving me reservations on his appointment. If I see Young in our starting line up next season I'm starting the Ole out thread

Varun

Staff
He was a squad player here when he was in his prime and he's first choice now when he's over the hill. It's absurd.

It just shows you how far the quality of the squad has dropped.
Ha! that's a good way to put it.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Lets not forget his role in Wolves's equaliser, standing there ball watching trying to play a suicidal offside trap rather than tracking his runner. complete an utter b*llend!
This. He's a pretend Manchester United captain. Tries so hard to act like it but Roy Keane was doing more than just shouting at his team mates.

If he really cares, he'd do a Neville. Instead it's all just an act. Guy's more interested in his contract renewals than the state of the club.

FrenchRed

I think I hate him. I think I hate most of our players.
He's a disgrace.
I find this post shocking. Makes me pretty ashamed of our ‘fans’.

He’s past his best, but there is no need for such vitriol.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I find this post shocking. Makes me pretty ashamed of our ‘fans’.

He’s past his best, but there is no need for such vitriol.
Let me rephrase, I hate that most of them play for us.