Ashley Young - Captain of Manchester United

Nico87

Might improve if somebody explains that the ball isn't explosive and he doesn't need to boot as far away from himself as he can the second it comes in his general direction. It's weird that as a winger converted to full back the most uncomfortable parts of his game is bringing the ball forward and also crossing it, the latter he use to excel at.

Chairman Steve

Has to be a bench player next season. Surely has to be... otherwise the club are a bunch of morons. Why Mourinho didn’t get a right back in at any point in his tenure is ridiculous.

DavelinaJolie

Don't like to be be that negative, but he was non-existant, except for his awful crossing.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Wheels have come off in massive fashion. Can't blame him at 33 and a lot of games. Happens. But he should of done a halftime G Nev at WBA

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Today I found out you cannot give a player a zero on the ratings.

RepardReece

Very wasteful, don't understand why he wasn't taken off instead of Dalot, then putting him at RB. For me Young's the biggest thing OGS is getting wrong. Everything he does just seems to go against us.

ColvaleGoa

If Ole doesn't see that Young's days at OT are numbered..than we might as well give up now. A elite RB if we can afford one is the number 1 priority. The Game has passed him by..time to move to America lad.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Is wan bisska good on the ball? Anyone.

We need a new RB that is good on the ball. Young was brutal tonight at controlling the ball and knowing when to pass it.

shahzy

Isnt the club sick of mediocrity? Because thats exactly what we are, from top to bottom. Full of mediocre individuals who are happy to be mediocre. Surround yourself with enough mediocrity and you too become mediocre and thats when the slide begins.
Get rid of mediocre first and foremost and stop offering average players insane contracts. Young is garbage, Rashford reportedly asking for 300k a week? I wouldnt even offer more than 100. Lukaku is lukaku. Mctominay did decent this game but decent isnt good enough and shouldn't be applauded. You are not supposed to be at Manchester United because you're "Decent" You're there as you should be exceptional. Lingard another who falls in this boat. Smalling too

PoTMS

He looks like one of those celeb players you see at Soccer Aid. Completely and utterly out of his depth. In fact, I'd take Mark Wright over this guy every day of the week.

Orestetes

If Ole doesn't see that Young's days at OT are numbered..than we might as well give up now. A elite RB if we can afford one is the number 1 priority. The Game has passed him by..time to move to America lad.
Not good enough for the American league

NK86

What's Ole's infactuation with Young and Rashford? One is a washed up average player while the other isn't nearly as good as the media makes him out to be. I cannot believe Rashford gets to keep freekick duties. He is gash at them.

Negan

He is a cancer to the club.

Him, Smalling and Jones sum up how absolutely shit we’ve been since Ferguson retired. If a picture could describe United’s downfall, it would be a picture of these three.

The worst thing about it is, every attack seems to go through him. He’s always there, putting in a shite cross. There’s never any play down the middle when he’s on the field. At this point, I’d be playing fecking Darmian.

Young is the worst “regular” player I’ve ever seen at United. He offers NOTHING and we need to tear up his extension and feck him off in the summer to Watford. That’s his level.

Prodigy24

I'm done with him since the Wolves game, not even surprised tonight. If he gets to start games next season than the entire board and management should get sacked.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Has to be a bench player next season. Surely has to be... otherwise the club are a bunch of morons. Why Mourinho didn’t get a right back in at any point in his tenure is ridiculous.
He did, Dalot. He just refused to play him.

Tiber

Huddersfield backup would be a more appropriate thread title

City don't have these issues...

Dempsey19

The only times I screamed at the TV tonight was because of Young. I didn't expect Dalot to score that header so didnt scream. Young though, he was atrocious, he has been for awhile. United need a clearout and hes on that list, it wont happen though.

joedirt87

What's Ole's infactuation with Young and Rashford? One is a washed up average player while the other isn't nearly as good as the media makes him out to be. I cannot believe Rashford gets to keep freekick duties. He is gash at them.
Every manager has his favorites.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't get it at all, what did Jose and now Ole see in him? It feels they watch different games to us, it's absurd. He gets away with it and it winds me up.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That Valencia doesn't get a look in at all is what I find laughable. I mean he's utterly useless going forward too, but he's no worse.

dave1956

Perhaps somebody should whisper in his ear the quote from Sir Matt, " At Manchester United we strive for perfection and if we fail we might just have to settle for excellence".
Perhaps he might take the hint and leave / retire.
Then again I would have this quote above the entrance to Carrington Training Ground so every day players would be reminded what is required and needed to play for this great club.

Tiber

That Valencia doesn't get a look in at all is what I find laughable. I mean he's utterly useless going forward too, but he's no worse.
It doesn't really matter which of the mid-30's converted wingers that we should have sold 3 or 4 years ago is picked

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Never thought it would get this bad but I'm actually starting to resent the guy. He's so far out of his depth it's scary. Ole needs to wise up and fast. If he's starting for us every week next season then we're in big trouble.

gulli_G

I hope step 1 was Valencia and he is step to for the chopping block.

Beaucoup

He’s the shitest player ever to play for Utd and just for the record I include Bebe and Prunier In that list.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Is wan bisska good on the ball? Anyone.

We need a new RB that is good on the ball. Young was brutal tonight at controlling the ball and knowing when to pass it.
Our upgrade should also be able to defend. Frankly, Young is shit in every possible way that a right back can be shit.