Ashley Young | now of Everton

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's a Premiership footballer... He'd have made millions of pounds wherever he went.

Other people (note: pretty much every single first team footballer) have made millions of pounds with us and haven't loved it? Or have been been so well liked and respected within the club.
Okay, millions of more pounds than at any other club. Plus all the benefits of playing for, and captaining, the biggest club in the world.

I bet most players love it here, yes. Maybe Ashley has grown a genuine affection for the club. That, along with the fact that he may be well liked within the club, doesn't mean you have to overlook the fact that he's been rubbish here, which is my opinion and one in which you obviously disagree with, which is fine.

The guy himself seems a nice man. I don't think anyone thinks badly of the guy himself. It's the player I've always found frustrating and I'm glad to see the back of.

Cockney Phil

Surprised by the transfer given the shortfall of players recently but good luck to him.
Never a first choice player for me, decent footballer but seemed surplus until the time when he wasn’t and we had become mediocre.
Obviously i don‘t blame him for decline but the club’s reliance on this type of player has become pretty painful in recent years.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Can't besmirch Young at all. I will fondly remember some of his goals, especially his brace in the 8-2 match against the Gooners, I will always respect his professionalism & love for the club, & I will always have in my phone the gif of the bird shitting into his mouth.

I wish him well in Milan!

LimePark

Supports
Chelsea
I assume he's taken a pretty big pay cut to move there. Anyone know what his new salary at Inter is?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I assume he's taken a pretty big pay cut to move there. Anyone know what his new salary at Inter is?
Regardless of what it is, it will give him more security than the year offer we may have given him and he has the chance of a league title.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He didn't take paycut. Rumors that he is earning 3.5 million after tax. That should be more than what he was earning at ManUtd.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Watch him shine in Italy. This guy really got some unfair criticism for just being Ashley Young i guess. Sure he could frustrate you sometimes with hoofing the ball needlessly , but he was more often good in my opinion. Maybe he didn’t tackle a lot which is popular nowadays. You even get a standing ovation inside Old trafford for having to tackle your Opponent who you forgot to mark in the first place.

Paul_Scholes18

Looks already better than he has for us under Ole. Feels like our manager makes everything worse than it is.

dev1l

Can't besmirch Young at all. I will fondly remember some of his goals, especially his brace in the 8-2 match against the Gooners, I will always respect his professionalism & love for the club, & I will always have in my phone the gif of the bird shitting into his mouth.

I wish him well in Milan!
Most decent fans share your views.
Unfortunately we also have toxic ones.

fps

I guess it’s how Liverpool felt when, like, Dirk Kuyt left.

Paul_Scholes18

He was crap under 4 managers including Fergie.
Totally disagree with that. Was our best player during LVGs first season. Was great during Mourinhos second year.
Normally played well when he started.
He was not amazing under SAF, but did a job and scored some great goals.

Ramos

Was anonymous first twenty minutes, but really got into the game now.

Paul_Scholes18

He’s playing in an easier league FFS. Of course he will look better.
Playing under a better manager in a team with better structure is the main reason.
If they played in the PL he would do well against Newcastle and Burnley too.

zenith

The Italian league really seems to have slipped a lot from its glory days. Football seems simpler over there now. A place where players can extend their careers.

I'd put a tenner on matic joining the league in the summer.

Paul_Scholes18

It’s not the players that are the problem at this club, it’s the managers we’ve hired and the board.
We need more top players, but selling our squad players and buying noone is a stupid way to improve.
Thus we need to buy more squad players now too plus top players that cost a lot.
We are not going to do it probably and will end with a worse squad for next season.

200 million spending this summer should be minimum, but we will spend 150 max.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
We need more top players, but selling our squad players and buying noone is a stupid way to improve.
Thus we need to buy more squad players now too plus top players that cost a lot.
We are not going to do it probably and will end with a worse squad for next season.

200 million spending this summer should be minimum, but we will spend 150 max.
But to make space for squad players you have to sell squad players.

We needed to get rid of a lot of players.

Paul_Scholes18

But to make space for squad players you have to sell squad players.

We needed to get rid of a lot of players.
Our squad is super thin at the moment. You should buy before you sell.
Much harder to buy good players than it is to sell players.

Of course Glaziers that wants to save money so they rather sell than buy.
That is our biggest problem at the moment together with Woodward being clueless and Ole not good enough.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hopefully this won't turn into Lukaku thread.

Very good cross and performance by young.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Our squad is super thin at the moment. You should buy before you sell.
Much harder to buy good players than it is to sell players.

Of course Glaziers that wants to save money rather sell than buy.
That is our biggest problem at the moment together with Woodward being clueless and Ole not good enough.
We’ve spent about 450 million in the last four seasons have we not?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Feck it guys, he is 33 and have a better prospect in Williams.

Blame the club for Lukaku not for Young.