Ashley Young | now of Everton

Sylar

Tbh his cross wasn't any different to what he did for us
In a good area

Difference is inter had four in the box and one on the edge to attack it

Paul_Scholes18

Hopefully this won't turn into Lukaku thread.

Very good cross and performance by young.
If they win the league it might. Still I think Juve will win it now.
Ronaldo is on fire again and Inter seem to give away too many points.

nooshka

Am I missing something with everyones love in for Ashley Young? He was club captain and forced his way out of the club, mid season, when we’re in dire need of bodies. Unless I have missed something then I’ve got no love for the prick at all And would love to see him fail.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
No, it’s mainly the weaker opposition.
Is the opposition weaker than England though? I wouldn't say they are too far apart. I mean you have Sheffield Utd coming in from the 2nd league and being in the tip 8 despite not being very good. Similarly, Southampton are an awful team but in top 10. Generally most if these teams dont play good football either.

Liverpool is running away and beating teams despite playing in 3rd gear. Yoi could even bring up the fact that Napoli is the laughing stock of Serie A losing 6 home games in half a season yet they beat Liverpool once and tied them when no one in England seems to be able to beat them.

I'd argue that both leagues are pretty bad in quality and you can probably count on one finger the teams in each league that are somewhat decent. La Liga easily has the most quality especially in terms of attacking as even the worst teams in La Liga have players that see good at football.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Am I missing something with everyones love in for Ashley Young? He was club captain and forced his way out of the club, mid season, when we’re in dire need of bodies. Unless I have missed something then I’ve got no love for the prick at all And would love to see him fail.
What a sad individual you must be

mav_9me

Just saw the goal. His first touch was poor here too. Cross was good. Don't particularly care he is gone. Thing is gametime should go to Dalot and Laird. We shall see if that is the case

nooshka

What a sad individual you must be
Well done and your reasoning for this is because I said I have no love for a club captain who forced his way out and ,if the papers are to be believed, refused to train. As I said if I have missed some news on him then I stand to be corrected but I just can’t see why he’s getting so much love. Rooney was hated for saying he wanted out, yet he never left.

dove

Is the opposition weaker than England though? I wouldn't say they are too far apart. I mean you have Sheffield Utd coming in from the 2nd league and being in the tip 8 despite not being very good. Similarly, Southampton are an awful team but in top 10. Generally most if these teams dont play good football either.

Liverpool is running away and beating teams despite playing in 3rd gear. Yoi could even bring up the fact that Napoli is the laughing stock of Serie A losing 6 home games in half a season yet they beat Liverpool once and tied them when no one in England seems to be able to beat them.

I'd argue that both leagues are pretty bad in quality and you can probably count on one finger the teams in each league that are somewhat decent. La Liga easily has the most quality especially in terms of attacking as even the worst teams in La Liga have players that see good at football.
Shhhh, PL is bestest in the universe, all 20 teams are top quality that would smash all the teams from other leagues.

Nick7

Sheffield United are a good team though and Southampton have a great manager.

Mark Pawelek

Fans wanted him to go buy Ole kept him. He forced his way out after fans began targeting him for abuse. Ashley Young did the sensible thing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Bit strange seeing him in different colours after all this time.
It’ll go down really well in that thread of “players you don’t remember being at that club” in a few years time.

can’t blame him for snatching that opportunity, think everybody wants to jump ship right now.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Great move for him really. Imagine being 33 and getting an offer to relocate to Milan for the final few years of your career. Hope it works out for him, never understood the hate towards him.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral

Yes EPL is much stronger than Serie A. A lot of it is due to money, but Serie A needs to take a look at themselves and ask why their European results are bad. All teams are slow and park the bus apart from Napoli and Juventus

If Mata goes to Serie A he probably would get some highlights too, and some silly people would come here and say "Wow see, Mata's problem was United!" when its just a case of a player downgrading to a much less athletic league

Marcelinho87

Well done and your reasoning for this is because I said I have no love for a club captain who forced his way out and ,if the papers are to be believed, refused to train. As I said if I have missed some news on him then I stand to be corrected but I just can’t see why he’s getting so much love. Rooney was hated for saying he wanted out, yet he never left.
He gave a damn good chunk of his career to this club and all he got at the end of it was actual abuse by layabouts on social media, he did the right thing wanting out.

As for refusing to train and forcing his way out, show me the receipts?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
FairPlay to him bagging an assist, young has always had a decent cross it’s just now he’s got a lethal striker in the end of them in Martinez Instead of midget James or wasteful martial.

Ramos

It's not the Premier League, at all. But it's still the third or fourth best league in the entire world. About on par with the Bundesliga, give or take a little.

Three players who were at United last year now together on the pitch for Inter. They drop points here, that's pretty much their title challenge.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It’ll go down really well in that thread of “players you don’t remember being at that club” in a few years time.

can’t blame him for snatching that opportunity, think everybody wants to jump ship right now.
He was here for almost a decade. Everyone will remember him.

Schweinsteiger is the one that falls into that category. I'm always forgetting he played for us.

Bojan11

He was here for almost a decade. Everyone will remember him.

Schweinsteiger is the one that falls into that category. I'm always forgetting he played for us.
He is talking about you won't remember Young at Inter. This isn't like you Shane to be slow.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
MOTM on whoscord by a distance. How could they let him go??
white txt

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I have no problem with him. Overall decent player.
However, I don’t care that him, Lukaku, Smalling play a good season or also Depay in France.
They might be better than some of the players that run around in our shirts at the moment but none of them is a player a real top team would go for.
What makes me angry is that we are not able to get players like Haaland, Bruno etc. because of stupid ethics.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sheffield United are a good team though and Southampton have a great manager.
So do Cagliari. Nandez, Nainggolan, Joao Pedro and Simeone all good/excellent players in midfield/final third.

0le

Sadly, when I saw that the thread was bumped, I was fully expecting the recent posts to say he has been racially abused. Good to hear it got an assist.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Looks already better than he has for us under Ole. Feels like our manager makes everything worse than it is.
He never looked good for us under 5 different managers, including SAF. A good game game here and there which he might have had with Inter. Did you even watch the game or are you commenting because he got an assist?

EwanI Ted

He never looked good for us under 5 different managers, including SAF. A good game game here and there which he might have had with Inter. Did you even watch the game or are you commenting because he got an assist?
Agreed. He was a likable pro and I hope he does well at Inter, but he was part of the problem at Man United and its better he went.

Fluctuation0161

Agreed. Feck him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He expressed a desire to want to go play for a top team in compeltely new league, at the arse end of his career... Where he can get a whole new experience instead of just sitting on our bench.

Yeah, what an asshole...

I think people forget that footballers are people too.

Can7onA

To be fair the way that Lukaku and Young are performing over there, I'm thinking of getting my Puma Kings back out.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He was pretty much third choice behind Luke Shaw, AWB, Dalot and a teenager. It's not like he has left us in the shit.

littleman

Young is gonna be a footnote in MUFC history, who cares. All of this is because he went to Inter, at this time.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Bit strange seeing him in different colours after all this time.
:drool:

He's done his best for us for years, been a professional, stayed fit while never playing only to come in and look better than all our other fullbacks, albeit briefly.

Even if the way he left is true, I can forgive it. A lot of footballers (and posters on here) seem to forget that the way you portray yourself in the bulk of your time at a club is important. If he wants to play somewhere else before his career ends it's not a big issue, especially considering he was only backup.