Ashley Young | now of Everton

izec

He was shaving it all the time, thought that was obvious. Bald/short look suits him better as well IMO, just cleaner. His hair is just thick and you can't do much with it

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It just feels weird to see these pictures...Why would anyone “chose” to stay bald for a decade??!
It's a common hairstyle for black guys. For most of them it's nothing to do with going bald. It's not so common in other races but with it becoming more common for guys who are going bald just to shave it all off (I've started doing it myself) it's probably only a matter of time before we start seeing others do it by choice.

I'm surprised so many in here seem to be surprised about this.

Nikelesh Reddy

It's a common hairstyle for black guys. For most of them it's nothing to do with going bald. It's not so common in other races but with it becoming more common for guys who are going bald just to shave it all off (I've started doing it myself) it's probably only a matter of time before we start seeing others do it by choice.

Oh okay,my bad then!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Somewhere in between the denial/acceptance phase of the hairline giving way to time's inexorable arrow

I give it 5-10 years for myself.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Also black and have been shaving bald for five years now even though I do not have patches nor receding hairline.
Combing your hair every morning is a b*tch.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Also black and have been shaving bald for five years now even though I do not have patches nor receding hairline.
Combing your hair every morning is a b*tch.
Same here. Been doing it for almost 2 decades.

Another reason for me is I've lived in hot countries, and the cool breeze on my scalp feels divine.

Andersonson

I kind of miss him. As a captain he seemed like a good guy to have in the dressing room.
I think we all agree that is qualities was always good enough for a United team, but he always gave it all and ran his socks off.

Was getting way to much stick, and not enough backing from fans. He was our captain and shouldnt get abuse on twitter and booing from the stands.

He had heart, Ashley and for that I liked him. Not sure he's any worse than Dalot as right back either, but Dalot is younger and needs time to develop, so I guess its the right decision.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Never got on Young's case like a lot of people, and he served us as well as his ability allowed.
Making the not exactly easy move from winger to all out full back, and on both sides too. Gatecrashing the England tournament he played so well at full back.

But, what are Inter Milan thinking. Surely there's a better and cheaper option than a 34 year old converted winger?!

RedTiger

Half mast
I kind of miss him. As a captain he seemed like a good guy to have in the dressing room.
I think we all agree that is qualities was always good enough for a United team, but he always gave it all and ran his socks off.

Was getting way to much stick, and not enough backing from fans. He was our captain and shouldnt get abuse on twitter and booing from the stands.

He had heart, Ashley and for that I liked him. Not sure he's any worse than Dalot as right back either, but Dalot is younger and needs time to develop, so I guess its the right decision.
I always liked him and his attitude while he was here but let's be honest, Ashley no longer had a part to play in our progression. He wouldnt have played ahead of Shaw or Williams in the left nor would he have played ahead of a consistent player like AWB. The only way he would have had minutes Is either as a hard working left winger or a bit part central midfielder.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Never forget. Captain Ashley Young and his "What? I did nothing" look. He's really intelligent.
That was hilarious. We should’ve rustled that twat way more than we did in the end. Remember the bottle drinking thing? Twat.

Andersonson

I always liked him and his attitude while he was here but let's be honest, Ashley no longer had a part to play in our progression. He wouldnt have played ahead of Shaw or Williams in the left nor would he have played ahead of a consistent player like AWB. The only way he would have had minutes Is either as a hard working left winger or a bit part central midfielder.
Ehem. I see auto correct got me in my first post. I ment to say that we all could see that his qualities wasnt good enough for us anymore. I totally agree with your post.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can’t actually believe people thought he was bald? You could see his hairline frequently.
I always thought it must have been thinning or just grows scruffy - mad man going bald all those years. He’s already a better player for it.

Red_toad

I always thought it must have been thinning or just grows scruffy - mad man going bald all those years. He’s already a better player for it.
You could frequently see his hair when he wasn’t freshly shaved, not Sure how you missed it. Mad for why? I could understand if you said he was mad for having an annoying beard, but a bald head means no shampoo, no need to brush and no bad hair days.
And no he’s not a better player for it, he was always a good player.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
You could frequently see his hair when he wasn’t freshly shaved, not Sure how you missed it. Mad for why? I could understand if you said he was mad for having an annoying beard, but a bald head means no shampoo, no need to brush and no bad hair days.
The last time he was a good player Fergie was still a manager

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Jesus :lol:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
You're bald aren't you?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Can’t actually believe people thought he was bald? You could see his hairline frequently.
I think people, or certainly me, are puzzled why he chose to go bald. The man seemingly has great hair

MrEleson

I don't understand the media frenzy. Are people forgetting that R9 was also voluntarily bald pretty much his entire career too despite having perfect hair - even now he's well into his 40s and finally allowed it to grow?

Even Benzema was sporting the bald cut earlier on in his career despite not displaying any noticeable form of alopecia.

Last edited:

Luke1995

Why do people even care about players's hair or lack of it ? Not like it helps with the football