Ashley Young to Inter Milan | Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

We have Laird and Dalot for cover, I don't get the depletion complain on this. We are short in numbers in midfield and attack not at full backs.
Laird isn't part of match day squads for the most part. He's done nothing to show he's even worthy of a bench spot. Dalot has been injured too much and is still probably going through growing pain issues.

The squad is very thin at all places and that includes being available for selection let alone quantity and quality.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He completely failed as a winger though after his first or second season. I should have been more precise in my saying as talent, should have said attacking talent. Maybe he should have been a fullback from the start of his career
He was a great winger up to, and including his first 18-24 months with us.

Top pro.

Best of luck to him.

dev1l

Thank you Ashley and I hope you enjoy your time in Italy.

beingshe7don

Honestly, Young has been a faithful servant and so on but does not deserve 120k/ week. We've got so many players on these huge contracts who are below average and are earning 100k/ week. Lingard is earning about 150k/ week, Matic is on those wages as well. Phil Jones who barely makes a handful of appearances in a season earns around 85k/ week which is preposterous. More so, I'm happy because having Young as the captain of the team just shows how badly we've dropped since having the likes of Keane and Vidic as captains.

After Young, I would like us to get rid of Lingard, Matic, Periera, Mata. Yes, Mata as well because he's on 120k/ week in wages which is another crap deal for us. Give Angel Gomes, Mata's spot. That would essentially remove all of the deadwood including Sanchez as well.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Young has been a very good pro.

gets offered a contract by inter for presumably 18 months - he’s going to ask to go, and was out of contract in the summer. He has done zero wrong, and has in no
Laird isn't part of match day squads for the most part. He's done nothing to show he's even worthy of a bench spot. Dalot has been injured too much and is still probably going through growing pain issues.

The squad is very thin at all places and that includes being available for selection let alone quantity and quality.
Young didn't really gave us any option. There are rumours he even skipped training

Ludens the Red

What would we benefit more from, keeping Ashley Young and missing out on roughly 4 million or letting him go to a big club, giving him a massive thank you and letting some of our youngsters play there.
Im not aware of these young defensive prospects to be honest. Unless you mean the injury prone pair of Tuanzebe and Mensah? And it’s too much of a burden anyway. We have plenty youngsters already in the squad and it’s unfair to be relying on them like this. I don’t even like Ashley Young but this is really stupid and will 100% backfire.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
35 years old with 3 months on his contract. It’s a wonder we got anything at all.
You should work for the BBC. He’s 34 and his deal ends in June. Not that it makes much difference, but still.

I’m not saying we should be getting much, I’m not daft. But 1m in this market is nothing even for a player nearly out of contract, especially considering Inter approached us. He’s a pretty valuable and experienced member of the squad and probably would have played on Sunday.

I get the feeling he badly wanted to go and we’ve done him a favour, and therefore taken a hit on the fee. Fair enough, he’s earned it.

siw2007

Best of luck to Ashley. Always gave his all for the club and was a true professional. He was a very good winger back in his first few years at the club, he hit a bit of a rut after but re invented himself as a useful full back.

I think we will miss his experience in the dressing room, it’s a very young side and we need good senior pros around them. Hope we don’t miss him too much.

BestRed

Best of luck to him, always gave his all. Good move all round, more opportunities to the young lads now.

Snuffkin

Fair play to Ashley he did well for us and never disrespected the club.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Laird is a baby and Dalot has a lot to prove still when he isn't injured. Still Young leaving was necessary, he stayed at the club far too long

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You should work for the BBC. He’s 34 and his deal ends in June. Not that it makes much difference, but still.

I’m not saying we should be getting much, I’m not daft. But 1m in this market is nothing even for a player nearly out of contract, especially considering Inter approached us. He’s a pretty valuable and experienced member of the squad and probably would have played on Sunday.

I get the feeling he badly wanted to go and we’ve done him a favour, and therefore taken a hit on the fee. Fair enough, he’s earned it.
Find an equivalent deal that backs up your point.

edcunited1878

Young didn't really gave us any option. There are rumours he even skipped training
If you're in serious negotiation of being transferred, I think you have the right to be sitting out and protecting yourself...especially when the manager or club is going ahead without you. I can see it from both sides and am complete fine with it understanding that this was going to happen. I'd be very surprised if Ole didn't communicate to Ashley about the situation and laid it out for him and allowed him to be away from the team knowing that he'd be going to Italy and have the chance to play right away.

Irwin99

Best of luck to Ashley. Always gave his all for the club and was a true professional. He was a very good winger back in his first few years at the club, he hit a bit of a rut after but re invented himself as a useful full back.

I think we will miss his experience in the dressing room, it’s a very young side and we need good senior pros around them. Hope we don’t miss him too much.
This is probably my only half worry that the games are going to come thick and fast soon enough with a fight for a top 4 finish, an fa cup and an EL campaign. An experienced player might have helped. But we'll see.

Honestly, Young has been a faithful servant and so on but does not deserve 120k/ week. We've got so many players on these huge contracts who are below average and are earning 100k/ week. Lingard is earning about 150k/ week, Matic is on those wages as well. Phil Jones who barely makes a handful of appearances in a season earns around 85k/ week which is preposterous. More so, I'm happy because having Young as the captain of the team just shows how badly we've dropped since having the likes of Keane and Vidic as captains.

After Young, I would like us to get rid of Lingard, Matic, Periera, Mata. Yes, Mata as well because he's on 120k/ week in wages which is another crap deal for us. Give Angel Gomes, Mata's spot. That would essentially remove all of the deadwood including Sanchez as well.
Why do you want to get rid of Pereira? Hes on really low wages, plus we still need to have squad players in the squad.

beingshe7don

Why do you want to get rid of Pereira? Hes on really low wages, plus we still need to have squad players in the squad.
Periera can only play as a No. 10. Yeah, he may be on lower wages but I rather have Angel Gomes get more game time since he's the bigger talent. Pereira has gone missing in most games.

studs

Is this not making room for the young lads, and is that what it's all about?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Seems a very bizarre move for us.
Surely you'd hold him as squad filler until the end of the season, rather than reduce the squad list for buttons.

This is a club who put Mata and Jones on long deals when most would have shipped them off.

Young then - a decent winger - probably not the level we'd have liked, but without doubt always put the effort in and genuinely tried his best for us.
Played well enough at left back to get in the England squad late on in his career - so he certainly wasn't as bad as some make out.

Not sure what Inter are doing, stockpiling all our outcasts though.

Periera can only play as a No. 10. Yeah, he may be on lower wages but I rather have Angel Gomes get more game time since he's the bigger talent. Pereira has gone missing in most games.
One thing Pereira doesnt do is hide, i agree hes not starting 11 quality but hes a good squad player. Gomes is refusing to sign a new deal so i doubt he will be here after the summer.

Kag

Thank Christ. Extremely poor for the vast majority of his time here; his ‘longevity’ being a product of his inability to perform the role we paid significant money for him to perform. So we found a full back role for him to play instead, usually to the detriment of the team.

Good luck to him, mind. It’s a very good career move at this point in his career.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If you're in serious negotiation of being transferred, I think you have the right to be sitting out and protecting yourself...especially when the manager or club is going ahead without you. I can see it from both sides and am complete fine with it understanding that this was going to happen. I'd be very surprised if Ole didn't communicate to Ashley about the situation and laid it out for him and allowed him to be away from the team knowing that he'd be going to Italy and have the chance to play right away.
Honestly I am sick of seeing the other side especially since we are the one drowning while the players are the one being paid ridiculous money for... What exactly?

There was a time when no one was bigger then the club. These days the club had become an agony aunt for jlingz sob story, jones/Shaw injuries, young awol. Feck them

Gopher Brown

Some very vitriolic comments here which aren’t very becoming.

The situation can be best summed up as: he’s a very limited player who I always felt did his best when playing, no matter what position he played in. He isn’t good enough, and never has been, but several managers have trusted him and it’s not his fault he’s not good enough - never complained (until now, apparently), despite him being surely aware that the fans have never warmed to him.

I won’t shed a tear, or even probably think of him again, when he leaves. I won’t miss him. But he deserves a level of respect from all of us for being deemed good enough to play for us 260-odd times.

Kag

United player as in being of the required standard. Should have been shipped soon after Fergie left but somehow survived another 6 years.
I remember calling for him to be sold that summer. He’d been largely woeful on the wing for us and this continued into the Moyes debacle.

Nani working hard at full back wouldn’t have been met with the same level of acceptance as Young.

edcunited1878

If we needed to move Young on in order to get Bruno on our payroll then we're fecked anyway.
I agree and normally I wouldn't think about this, but it's been obvious that Woodward has been trying to (i.e. doing) shed wages such as Lukaku, Sanchez, Smalling, now Young for players who don't have a clear first choice path or considered first choice. United is shifting money around and trying to keep wages within reason for additional spending come summer and year over year bookkeeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.