Ashley Young to Inter Milan | Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

I would jump all over this, if it wasn't for me realising just this season that he is still better than Shaw. Sad times

TommiHelm

He'll be a brilliant wingback option for them in the 352. Plus Conte actually has a philosophy and a system and knows how to coach his players to play it.

Woodzy

Can’t believe I’m going to say this but he’s not a player we’d should be selling right now. His role and contribution to the team now is exactly what it should have been 2-3 years ago - squad players ready to step in when needed.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
If we sell then it is a clear indication that we will also buy. Bring it on

Cliche Guevara

We seem to be developing a good relationship with Inter.

Hopefully at some point we benefit with buying someone from them.

passing-wind

The thing that really concerns me more generally is that we’re offloading all our experienced players- I feel the youngsters are looking a little lost at the moment!

I’m all for promoting youth- but you need a solid core or pros around the place too
Welcome to the world of leaving Solskjaer with all the responsibility to build a team that's supposed to be of the magnitude of challenging for the league and Europe, when the individual couldn't even build himself a decent record at Cardiff, has achieved diddly squat in competitive football but won a title in Molde to appease the delusional fan base that success is guaranteed under him.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's actually still useful. Arguably still our best left back and decent back up for AWB. Why let him go?

More balancing the books.

Josep Dowling

If we sell then it is a clear indication that we will also buy. Bring it on
How have to come to this assumption when the evidence this season shows the complete opposite?

They probably think promoting Williams is replacing him.

R'hllor

Our servant finally being tested to leave, 6 months before his contract expires. Get him the feck out if they want him, he shouldnt get contract extension on the first place. He can keep hoofing balls to Lukaku there, so Lukaku can do his thumbs up thing.

Irwin99

We'd probably be happy at the start of the season with this news but if AWB gets injured then we have the unreliable Dalot or a centre back playing there (and they're currently all injured) :nervous:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He'll be 35 in a few months. AWB, Dalot, Laird, Williams and Shaw is enough cover for the rest of the season.

Hard worker and a good servant but time for us to move on.

Bwuk

He’ll do well in a league that’s slower.

Robertd0803

Odd we get rid of one of the few players that actually plays for the badge despite being past it pretty much.

Weird although Im sure its probably to clear his wages though.

Paul_Scholes18

We bloody need him still. We are just letting everyone go and not getting new players in. It is crazy at the moment. What is going on at the top? Do they have any clues at all?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
We should negotiate hard. Only if they are willing to take Lingard on a 1+1 free offer, they will get Young.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Two club captains gone in under a year is...concerning
If both past it and gone to shite it is time to move them on. Successful sides move their dead weight on and Valencia/Young epitomises the phrase. Utd are falling so far behind that they need to be ruthless to the challenges ahead.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This is a concern. We should absolutely not be selling any more players until we buy. We are already dragging a thin squad through this season, and Young seems like a leader on and off the pitch.

el3mel

He's really gone. Madness.

I doubt we will even a single player this month. Keep on selling, earning profit and reducing wages and depending on our useless manager convincing everyone we are playing youngsters and building for the future.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Whoever is in charge of recruitment over at Inter needs drug testing, or at the very least investigating for corruption.
No need for that yet, not until they've sealed the deals for Lingard and Jones in the summer.

el3mel

Whoever is in charge of recruitment over at Inter needs drug testing, or at the very least investigating for corruption.
Last I checked they are top of the league with same points as Juve, so more than anything he should be rewarded. The actual sad fact is Young will be moving a step up from us not the opposite. He will be moving form a team who is finishing 6th at best to a team with a big chance of winning one of the top leagues this season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's really gone. Madness.

I doubt we will even a single player this month. Keep on selling, earning profit and reducing wages and depending on our useless manager convincing everyone we are playing youngsters and building for the future.
That's literally the opposite of what he said in that tweet

Canagel

This is stupid. Why don't you let him leave in the summer? Even in his declined state he's still better than crap like Shaw and it's not costing us anything to keep him in his role when there are even more unreliable players in his position

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
This season is most likely a write off anyways so does it really matter if we have Ashley or Laird/Dalot on the bench as second options.

No idea keeping a soon to be 35 yo player with six months left on his contract.

Good guy and has been a decent player for the club during his years here, but its time to go.

SAFMUTD

If he goes and AWB gets injured who would play? Dalot? Who’s also always injured?

It just get worst and worst with this shite organization.

el3mel

This season is most likely a write off anyways so does it really matter if we have Ashley or Laird/Dalot on the bench as second options.

No idea keeping a soon to be 35 yo player with six months left on his contract.

Good guy and has been a decent player for the club during his years here, but its time to go.
A write off? We are 4 points away from 4th ffs with about half of the season yet to be played. It's a stupid decision.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Genuinely pleased to hear someone high-up in the club realises this :lol:

Even though he’s a squad player, I’m really not keen on us letting more players go with nobody coming in the opposite direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.