Ashley Young to Inter Milan | Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

He got a lot of shit during his time but I don’t know too many players playing at his level that can play a solid 4 positions (LB, Left wing, RB, Right Wing).

Never good enough to be a mainstay in the team but that’s not his fault we’ve struggled at full back in recent years and he stepped in to do a job.

Good Luck at Inter.

Kajus

Add to that CBJ being back at the club and Bailly, Jones and Rojo being able to cover full-back position.
The only thing worse than Phil Jones at centre back is Phil Jones at right back.

Gomes

Morons celebrating again. It will be another success story of not replacing a player.

Red Royal

Good luck Ashley. Got a lot of stick but never did he down tools like some others. Will always remember The 8-2 the birdsh1t and the night in PSG.

The Bloody-Nine

Good luck to him. Always tried his best, didn't complain about being played out of position, and not as bad as some fans would have you believe. I hope he does well.

Fluctuation0161

Yes he needed to go but the timing is terrible.

Club captain? Rejected contract?

Woodward only weakening in January instead of strengthening?

The squad is so weak.

PeteManic

Odd transfer. The players must be getting good money for moving to Inter.

Irwin99

19 goals in 261 games. Us poor fans had to suffer alot over the years.
Feck, I didn’t think it was that bad. I know he and Valencia played a lot at full back but half of their careers here were as wingers. I’d like to see how many assists they each got.

spiriticon

As bad as Shaw is, he can still fill in for Williams. Rojo as well.

Come on guys there's plenty of cover.

T_Model101

I know the consensus here is that Woodward is incapable of negotiating and we're inept
But I wouldn't be surprised if our "contract offer" was so that Inter are forced to up his salary a bit more, as a farewell gesture

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This is fine. He was a good servant, but arguably never good enough. He deserves the move and good luck to him.

Ole might not be a great tactician or coach but he is doing the business ripping up this squad. Williams and Dalot stepping up and getting more games can only be a good things.

Let’s get Jones, Rojo and Lingard out next and we are really in business. We might be missing numbers but we would be left with an entire squad of players that I like and want to be here, with no waste.

If they follow it up with a body or two now and a few more quality players in the summer, we are in business.

But it’s great to see so many leaving with bad attitudes or that aren’t good enough. I haven’t liked a squad as much in years.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Feck, I didn’t think it was that bad. I know he and Valencia played a lot at full back but half of their careers here were as wingers. I’d like to see how many assists they each got.
Young has 43, Valencia has 62 (Transfermarkt stats which is pretty trustworthy) albeit with two more seasons than Young...but Valencia 11/12 was the best season either of them had by a country mile.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
As bad as Shaw is, he can still fill in for Williams. Rojo as well.

Come on guys there's plenty of cover.
Dalot reportedly impressed playing as a LB & marking out Salah in a UCL tie against Pool in his Porto days too. So there's him, Shaw & Rojo to battle it out for least shite back-up made outta glass.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
How can this be happening with the squad we have?
We have Williams and Shaw for left back and AWB, Dalot for right.

Young wants a new experience so it's nothing to get upset about.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
We have Williams and Shaw for left back and AWB, Dalot for right.
It's the left bit there that worries me. Shaw gets injured a lot.

Grande

RB: Wan Bissaka, Dalot, Fosu-Mensa, Laird
LB: Shaw, Williams, Dalot

Lacking inexperience, but otherwise pretty exciting in the long term and nothing to panic about in the short.

I’m guessing Solskjær didn’t really want Young to leave, but didn’t feel it’s right to deny him the opportunity for more game time after the good service he’s rendered us on and obviously off the field.

Reading between the lines of four managers and Fergie, Young is one of the few post Fergie players who has always had the right mentality. I don’t thinknit’s coincidental that a demanding guy like Conte is interested either.

Irwin99

Young has 43, Valencia has 62 (Transfermarkt stats which is pretty trustworthy) albeit with two more seasons than Young...but Valencia 11/12 was the best season either of them had by a country mile.
Thanks. You could argue Both were old school wingers but still, I think we could have expected a bit more. Tony V was the better fullback too imo.

KeanoMagicHat

Young had a strange United career. I thought he was a real star for Aston Villa on the wing, was a very good player for them when they were threatening top 4. I thought we were getting a potentially world-class winger within a year or two.

Then he started quite well for United as well but Moyes' season he was truly awful on the wing. Showed a lot of resilience to stay at the club and reinvent himself as a utility player. He has had a good United career and is far from a flop but ultimately a little disappointing considering how good he was for Villa, which I think most people forget.

Reactions: Jippy

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We’ll still be left with a few fullbacks but beyond AWB and Williams they’re a pretty uninspiring bunch.
Shaw, Dalot, Fosu Mensah all have iffy injury records, they’re not as reliable as Young.

Tarrou

I thought he played alright this season

We need better full-backs but he always gave 100%

Our replacement is already here in Williams, I doubt we'll buy anyone

Good luck Ashley!

LInkash

Could have been as good as Messi, shame he never fulfilled his potential.

MetoTTT

Great servant for the club. One of few players who always care. Good luck and thank you!

Jezpeza

Weird weird behaviour from some fans. Weve been screaming for him to leave for 4 seasons now some use it as a tool against the board and ole. Did anyone really want to see him here next year, in any capacity? We have Shaw, Dalot, AWB, Williams and Laird. None of them are any worse than him.

hes a defunct, obsolete winger who was shoehorned into a full back postion, just like Valencia, and somehow got wedged there. Good professional, mediocre player, should have been sold to Burnley or someone about 4 years ago.

If we can get rid of Jones, Rojo and Matic as well i’ll have quite a party

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Good luck Ashley! Honestly, overall he's been good for us but now was the appropriate time for both parties.

Whatever Ole's impact on the club in the long term, you can't deny the job he's doing in terms of shifting on the players that needed to be moved on. This has been something that fans have been saying we needed to do for years and Ole is certainly not afraid to pull the trigger. I really hope he is equally backed on incomings in the next few windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.