Ashley Young to Inter Milan | Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

EireRed_GS

Im baffled in what Inter are seeing in signing players like Ashley Young. On the other hand i'm really admiring their drive and determination to go out and get their targets, despite who they are. No nonsense and pretty efficient.

Suv666

Not that bothered about this but we should have sold players like Rojo, Jones and Lingard before Young. Hope he enjoys Seria A.

Im baffled in what Inter are seeing in signing players like Ashley Young. On the other hand i'm really admiring their drive and determination to go out and get their targets, despite who they are. No nonsense and pretty efficient.
Conte will be a hero if he topples the Juve monopoly so he doesn't have to plan for the long term right now, he just needs instant success, and any player used to the pace of the PL will find it quite easy in Serie A.

Dyslexic Untied

Happy for young. Good luck to him. Been a servant here.

Right move by the club too. Clearing space for talent coming up. I like the direction we are on atm.

Devil may care

This is part of the process of rebuilding the squad, so no issues with him going while he could get that good deal.

el3mel

For such price it is a pretty good signing. Juve used to make these kind of signings a lot. Provide cover and the league, even while I believe it's a top league, but it is slower and with less intensity than PL. He will do pretty well for them for the 2 upcoming years I reckon.

IRELANDUNITED

Don't like the way he's refused to be the recent matchday squads and for that I really don't care if he does well over there or not.

littleman

Good exit. Could have moved him on a couple years ago and lost almost nothing.

We do need better quality, even if they're just subs.

Now I just want to see who we bring in

RedCurry

Strengthening our Europa league rivals is the only thing wrong with this transfer.

Dinghy

Got nothing against him, except I couldn't stand to watch him play football. Luckily, another set of fans will have the pleasure of enjoying the long balls down the line that goes out of play and the inevitable thumbs up from big Rom.

Esquire

Don't like the way he's refused to be the recent matchday squads and for that I really don't care if he does well over there or not.
I agree. For all the talk about him being a servant blah blah blah reports were he stormed out of training in a fit to force deal through. Way to destroy your legacy at the end. Nonplussed and good riddance. It was time for him to go anyway.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I agree. For all the talk about him being a servant blah blah blah reports were he stormed out of training in a fit to force deal through. Way to destroy your legacy at the end. Nonplussed and good riddance. It was time for him to go anyway.
Who knows if it's true. Lots of shit gets written. Especially about United as it's guarenteed clicks.

OleGunnar20

I hadn't seen those reports, shame if true.

Very very pleased to see the back of him though. Seemed a decent guy, model professional etc throughout his time with us, but was never good enough. Neither as a winger or a full back.

Nice to see us clearing out and (hopefully) rebuilding our squad for an exciting future this time around.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Strengthening our Europa league rivals is the only thing wrong with this transfer.
Sarcasm, surely?
Besides, if we sign Bruno, that would weaken another Europa League rival.

Johan Jovo

Inter shopping around this January (Young, Giroud, etc) reminds me buying players a la "Football Manager".
It be like:
Got to "Search player"-> filter -> exclude unrealistic transfers-> age 30+ -> contract expires in 6 months -> sort results by international caps -> start bidding

RedCurry

Sarcasm, surely?
Besides, if we sign Bruno, that would weaken another Europa League rival.
I am not being sarcastic. Europa league might be our only chance of playing in CL next season. Inter is perhaps the strongest team in the competition with probably the best manager. Making them even marginally stronger goes against our own interests.

Ramos

English players now at Inter, Roma, Atletico, Dortmund ... Didn't have that for a while. Nice to see.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Good thing he's gone but I feel we need more fullbacks, preferably one who can play left and right

kidbob

In terms of the squad depth argument: Laird is an even bigger prospect than Williams in my opinion (I'm sure I'm not the only one) and elevating him to getting game time for the rest of the season could potentially see us with 2 young full backs coming through.

I'm basing this off of youth performance but Laird has maybe a little less grit than Brandon but a little more quality too. He has a real chance of making it if managed right.

Replacing Young with Laird won't matter too much to our season especially if Dalot stays fit (but even if he doesn't).

204Red

You know were are now destined to draw Inter in the Europa league and Young will have a blinder to knock us out

OL29

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Eric's Seagull

Not heard this before. But if it is true it's a terrible attitude to have. Think we should have got rid of him before now but at least he gone now.
From what I've read his wages were £110,000 per week. So it's nice to get them off the books. Would be nice to get rid of Rojo and Jones as well.

Raw

You know were are now destined to draw Inter in the Europa league and Young will have a blinder to knock us out
Young smashes a pin point cross for Lukaku to bicycle kick it in. Sanchez celebrates from the stands. It's inevitable.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Im just angered we never get to say thanks and goodbye to players like Young who gave it all for the club.

It just seems sad that we let a player who has been here for years to go without a proper send-off.

James Ward

Hes 34, and will be on a major rapid decline sooner rather than later at his age. It was a no brainer to let him go but Sad to see him go. He gave it everything every match and was not a bad player at all.

Now just Lingard, Jones, Sanchez, Matic, Rojo at the end of the season and I'd be happy enough with a couple good signings.

I'd keep Mata, Andreas, Shaw etc. at least for another year.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Im just angered we never get to say thanks and goodbye to players like Young who gave it all for the club.

It just seems sad that we let a player who has been here for years to go without a proper send-off.
Well we didn't want him to go until summer and he has forced a move so Im not sure what you’re expecting

Status
Not open for further replies.