Ashley Young to Inter Milan | Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjb

Let him go, bring Laird into the squad as a back up and ride it to the summer.

Amerifan

the level of money we are talking about is largely irrelevant. If we ‘sold’ Young now I doubt we would even get a fee as Inter will sign him on a pre-contract as they are entitled to do. So the question is whether it’s worth us releasing him and saving his wages against what he could give us over the next 5 months. Given he’s one of a few players who is usually fit, and has played 18 times already, then I would keep him around.

An injury to AWB and we are buggered. Dalot and Shaw both have appalling injury records, and Williams has played 10 matches for the club.

He should stay until the summer, and then I will wish him well. He’s been a good player for us, and some of the (bird) shit fans have given him is well out of order. He’s one of the few players we have had over the past 6 years that puts in the right effort week in/ week out.
This. The wages are trivial and without him we’ll be forced to play someone out of position when Dalot and Shaw go out as usual.

Amerifan

Absolutely no chance will everyone look back on him with fond memories. His level the last 3 years in particular has been shocking.
Shocking compared to what? He’s been a solid player. Your hate is misplaced.

jackal&hyde

I hope it's for the summer. Now we need all the players we have, as sad as that might sound.

Craig Ward

Young should not be playing for us any longer, he's been past it for years.

A good pro, honest hard worker but simply well past it.

As a club who are in dire straits and have to overhaul about 85% of the current first team squad, we need to take every option to ship out players.

He simply has to go.

Time to be brutal.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Absolutely no chance will everyone look back on him with fond memories. His level the last 3 years in particular has been shocking.
Yours is the popular view but mine is slightly different and I think he’s under appreciated.

He’ll be a very good signing for Inter, but time will tell.

Acole9

Outstanding
Yours is the popular view but mine is slightly different and I think he’s under appreciated.

He’ll be a very good signing for Inter, but time will tell.
I agree, doesn't deserve anywhere near the kind of stick he does get. He's been a good servant overall.

Feck me, I've wanted Young gone for about five years and now that it's finally happening, it's at the only time I don't want him gone. Feck you, club.
Ditto, but they are doing very well at fecking my head.

Wanted Lukaku gone, wanted Fellaini gone, wanted Smalling gone for years but only our club can manage to do it in a way that makes me go into a meltdown of ”what? not right now, slow down, not without someone coming in, what the feck, whaaaat are we doing, we have no players!!!”

I think it would've been easier if just Conte came here
True, we’d probably be 2nd or 3rd with a motivated Lukaku and a brilliantly drilled squad.

Also shows the importance of ensuring that your managers follow a similar philosophy, Moyes > LVG > Mourinho > Ole is as extreme to extreme to extreme as you can get.
Mourinho > Conte or vice versa is a match made in heaven.

I’m mildly optimistic that our next appointment will work out way better because Ole’s ideals and Poch’s are much more aligned.
Who am I kidding though, with our decisions we’d actually have to be proactive in recruiting Poch before someone else sweeps him away.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Done deal according to BBC. Just sorting out if it will be this window or the summer. Makes sense to keep him now if you can.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Been a good servant for the club if he does leave now. Makes sense to move on though. Wan Bissaka and Dalot for right back, Shaw and Williams for left, Laird as a youngster if we have a crisis. Cant expect much more than that for depth and normally should be fine.

JoaquinJoaquin

Normally I'd say whoever is running Inter is mad or incompetent. But look at where they are on the table and you can see that Conte knows what he's doing. It's really true that one mans trash is another man's treasure I suppose.

What is it with Serie A and players in the latter years of their careers? I admit I rarely watch Serie A anymore. Is the tempo really that much slower? Do they juice them up, play them less or what? Honest question.
Don't know, but I watched Inter vs Napoli the other night and there was about 150 people in attendance. Shocking to see one of the leagues marquee games having such little support.

In Rainbows

Let him go, bring Laird into the squad as a back up and ride it to the summer.
Yep. Start playing youth for older overpayed players who don't offer much more. I wouldn't be saying this if we didn't have Laird and Dalot waiting on the wings. We essentially have Shaw, AWB, Williams, Laird, and Dalot as FB options. That's enough.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Oh we're paying? Yeah I'd probably still piggyback them with the 50 mil in my arse pocket
You think you'd fit 50 mil in your arse pocket? Have you any idea what the physical size that amount of money looks like?

Who do you think you are? Luke Shaw?

T_Model101

I wouldn't blame Ashley if he'd rather be in a title fight for the next 6 months as opposed to deal with the crap here
Surely we can't let him go without a replacement though....
Who is the current LB/RB for Inter?

Ekeke

I wouldn't blame Ashley if he'd rather be in a title fight for the next 6 months as opposed to deal with the crap here
Surely we can't let him go without a replacement though....
Who is the current LB/RB for Inter?
They dont use them.

3-5-2

He'd be competing for a wide midfield spot, unless they do something crazy and use him at CB

Chairman Steve

I’m for the squad culling but not if it continues from summer where there’s no replacement bought in.

Sylar

I’m for the squad culling but not if it continues from summer where there’s no replacement bought in.
Exactly
We do need to get rid of some more, but then we really are falling behind. Even as it stands we need 5-6 players, and probably more if we get rid of Jones, rojo, Mata, matic, lingard...

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Whether he's leaving in January or summer, don't you guys think we have got a replacement already Brandon Williams.

Hoof the ball

It's the right move for us. We have to show young players that we've got their long-term interests at heart. Selling Young is a huge admission to Williams that we're going to give him as many minutes as possible. As far as depth is concerned, providing Dalot doesn't get injured, we've got Obi-Wan, Dalot, Williams, Shaw and the returning Fosu-Mensah, should he been called upon to do us a service.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Whether he's leaving in January or summer, don't you guys think we have got a replacement already Brandon Williams.
Maybe, the only worry is we are now left with only De Gea and Bloody Jones who have experience of winning things and one of those is mentally weak and the other is just mental.

Mainoldo

Great servant which him all the best!

Does deserve more respect.. but what can we do.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Would be mental to let him go this month unless a replacement is brought in by United. His actual quality is up for debate but hes a decent squad player which United currently need. not to mention his experience.

Tarrou

I'd be amazed if we let him go in Jan. He's free to talk to other clubs so its normal to be talking about a deal for the summer, and I am pretty sure that is all it is.

OohAahMartial

It's the right move for us. We have to show young players that we've got their long-term interests at heart. Selling Young is a huge admission to Williams that we're going to give him as many minutes as possible. As far as depth is concerned, providing Dalot doesn't get injured, we've got Obi-Wan, Dalot, Williams, Shaw and the returning Fosu-Mensah, should he been called upon to do us a service.
I'm liking the look of Devine too, may be a bit behind Williams, but he he good potential too.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Maybe, the only worry is we are now left with only De Gea and Bloody Jones who have experience of winning things and one of those is mentally weak and the other is just mental.
And why is that a problem?

We aren’t trying to win the league or champions league. We are trying to rebuild the team from scratch again.

If we want to mix experience of winning things with young players then we should have done it during Moyes & LVG era when we used to have those players but we didn’t do it properly so move on because right now we are not in the situation where we can build our team with mix of winner and youngster, find a new way to rebuild the team.

Beside you shouldn’t be excluding the Serie A and World Cup winner Pogba and three of our coaches had experience of winning things.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ethan Laird is more than capable of replacing Young as a backup, along with Dalot at RB. I want Young gone pronto and his minutes given to Ethan Laird which would be beneficial for our lonterm interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.