Ashley Young to Inter Milan | Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecondFig

I am not an Ashley Young fan, but if he did stay for another year in the end, I would not begrudge him a testimonial.

He was a useful squad player as a winger, capable of good delivery on his day. It was the club and subsequent managers that asked him to fill in at left back and right back. Was he brilliant? No! But there are very few wingers that could adapt like that post-30.

Whatever he has been asked to do, he has been a professional and gotten on with it. There may have been a lack of quality in unfamiliar positions, but there was never a lack of effort from Young.

If he wants the opportunity to stick a few more years on his career and possibly win Série A, United should be letting him go.

If he doesn’t go, he should be given another year as emergency cover and given a testimonial for the example he has set.

He was probably never a good enough player for Manchester United, but he has always shown his club respect and done what was asked of him to the best of his ability.
Totally agree. Would I like to see an upgrade on him - yes. But that's not his fault - he's been a good servant to the club in a difficult period. I wouldn't begrudge him a move to Serie A, nor would I begrudge him another year's contract and a testimonial.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Pretty harsh thing to say about a lad who a) isn't fat in the slightest, b) endured what must have been a very tough period out with injury and c) was regularly maligned by our previous manager. These are human beings we're talking about.
I bet you're fun at parties.

theklr

If we are missing out on offloading Young this window because of they didnt want to let him go, I cant believe it.

What use is there of a annoyed Young rest of the season ??

Bondi77

Dalot has said he wants to play RB so Young would only be stunting his progress by staying anyway.
Arrivederci Ashley I say!

prateik

Shaw and Dalot have had issues with injury. I can understand keeping Young around.. there is no incentive to let him go now. He'll be gone in 5 months anyway.

He doesnt seem like one to stop playing either.. he'll be here. he'll do his best. He will probably move on in the summer.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bout time really, fair play he was a good servant and he always gave his best. That said he’s been here 5 years longer than he should’ve been, at least we’re finally starting to clear players like him out.

Thiagoal

This makes no sense for us.
OGS obviously feels that having Dalot and TFM fit again added to Brandon’s break through is enough... and I’d tend to agree! A big wage off the books considering he’d have limited playing time in the next six months!

KristianMackle

Great servant for this club. A winger who shifted to RB and as limited as he was in the role, and as much abuse as he got, never lost his head. Wish him the best of luck!

poleglass red

who have we got left that Fergie bought if Young goes. Smalling is on loan, Jones still here, De Gea still here, is that it?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
OGS obviously feels that having Dalot and TFM fit again added to Brandon’s break through is enough... and I’d tend to agree! A big wage off the books considering he’d have limited playing time in the next six months!
I don’t think we’d play TFM there, think we’d just use Laird when necessary.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He gave good service to the club but unfortunately the image to be remembered from his United tenure will be getting shit on by a bird. Farewell Ashley!

el3mel

Should have stayed till the end of the season then leave. Don't agree on the timing but I can understand why he wants to jump the ship. He's close to retirement and has a chance to win more trophies and play in a team at a much better state under a top class manager. Much better than spending more time at United doing nothing in his current age.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Mental with how tiny our squad is.
Williams has taken over the left back spot , which was unexpected coming into the season. So Shaw is essentially the back up with Dalot mopping up any leftover minutes from now to end of the season.

who have we got left that Fergie bought if Young goes. Smalling is on loan, Jones still here, De Gea still here, is that it?
Pogba (sort of) - he played under Fergie.

good luck to Young. Excellent pro, who clearly gave it all on the pitch. Now has a fantastic opportunity near the end of his career.

would have kept him until the end of the season, but time for some of the youngsters like Dalot to shine.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Young shouldn't be kept. He was never good in the first place. His flirting with Inter should be the last straw.

Id say sell him now. Same with Jlingz, Matic and Pogba all of whom acted despicable towards the club. We probably won't make it to top 4 with or without them

Djemba-Djemba

We should have never signed him. Part of the overall downgrade in quality that's happened for the last 10 years or so.

He was clearly not good enough but he always gave 100%, can't fault him that.

edcunited1878

Good news, Shaw next.
United will not offload Shaw regardless of whatever rumors have been about the past week...or at least they shouldn't.

Williams/Shaw for LB and AWB/Dalot/TFM(?) for fullback positions. Very young, no true leader, and 60% or 3 of the 5 players have already had significant injuries which have hurt their progression. Losing Shaw and having to replace him via transfer of new player is dumb business.

AshRK

About time. I feel he really did not want to let go of this opportunity of playing in Serie A for a top team. If he passes by this opportunity, no other top team would even have a sniff at him this summer. Better to go there and have a good 1 odd year there. He has been a good pro so well done to him.

out of contract in June. What did you expect?

I'd rather pocket 1.5m and get rid of his wages now than have him in the stands for the rest of the season.
Youno’s transfer fee will cover Sanchez’s wages for 3 weeks! I bet inter are contributing very little. Even if they are paying, Young’s transfer covers the wages through to the end of Feb!!

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
United will not offload Shaw regardless of whatever rumors have been about the past week...or at least they shouldn't.

Williams/Shaw for LB and AWB/Dalot/TFM(?) for fullback positions. Very young, no true leader, and 60% or 3 of the 5 players have already had significant injuries which have hurt their progression. Losing Shaw and having to replace him via transfer of new player is dumb business.
If a better full back than shaw can be found then mr Shaw should be sold .

He's shit.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Signed for Inter according to Sky. I wish him well. He deserved more respect from United fans than he got, I would go so far as to say whenever United have had good spells in recent years he has usually been playing, and playing well himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.