Ashley Young to Inter Milan | Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun

Staff
On a more serious note,

Nothing against the guy. Always gave his everything to the club and going by reports, was a model professional on and off the pitch. Will wish him the best as long as his performances don't affect us.

His career here is symbolic of our decline though. Squad player at best when he was at his peak to club captain when he was way over the hill and to top it all off, had Man Utd begging him to stay aged 34. Absolutely shambolic.

atkar83

Apparently working hard and not being as injured as the other RB while on $125k/week is good enough for many here. I'm glad he's gone. He didn't bring anything to games that can't be replaced, his 'leadership' is part of why we've been as awful as we have since SAF retired. His leadership was blaming everyone around him for goals against, and booting the ball down the field as his go-to move.

RB - Wan Bissaka , Dalot , Laird, TFM and Axel has also played there.

LB - Williams , Shaw , Dalot , Tuanzebe (played LB already this season ) Rojo.

We have a lot more problems than full backs.
These guys are not FBs and they don’t look comfortable playing their either, Dalot isn’t reliable as he always seems to get injured same goes for Shaw as well.

Amerifan

Can we be any more of a joke. Losing your captain is bad enough...but for £1.5m??!!! It we had any class we would not have taken a penny for him having allowed his contract to run down.
It's like, offering a teddy bear that your child has no use for to someone and they offer 1p which you take. I mean, no! Just let it go.

So incomings zero. Outgoing one. Will he be replaced? Of course not. Par for the bloody course at Old Trafford these days.

Utterly disgusted.
Take a deep breath dude.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Good luck to him. Not the best player for sure and got the dogs abuse over the years, but he was a model professional

Also, his fitness levels are just insane. Being that old and playing that many games in such a physically demanding league and NEVER getting injured is just absurd. Man is made from a very durable material

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Marotta and Conte have been excellent in helping us get rid of 3 unwanted players. Hopefully they comeback for more in the summer. I hope they go on to win the title.

Eddy_JukeZ

I find it amazing he's been here almost 9 years.

Then again, Jones is still at the club too.

Good luck to him. He was never good enough bar 1-2 months in 2011-2012, but he did work hard.

SteveW

These guys are not FBs and they don’t look comfortable playing their either, Dalot isn’t reliable as he always seems to get injured same goes for Shaw as well.
Laird is unreal. Can't wait to see him in the team. Williams, Shaw, AWB, Laird and Dalot is 5 players for 2 positions. Sorted.

OL29

What’s with all the ‘good servant’ posts? Didn’t he refuse to play in our recent games to force a move?

zenith

Assuming he's on 125k a week and by selling him right now, won't we be saving almost 2 million in wages, in addition to the 1.5 million in fee.

Not to mention the potential for more money if inter won the league and more opportunities for dalot and laird.

Lemansky

Don’t understand the drama in selling him. He is at best average. He is 34 years old. And we get a small fee and his wages off. He symptomise our decline post SAF. A good winger turned full back. At best he should have been a squad player.

Scholsey2004

Good luck to him. Bit stingey of ed asking for a fee for a 34 year old who's been with us nine years I thought. Should have let him go for gratis.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I’m glad he’s finally off, because he’s a 34 year old squad winger whose been squeezing out a starting career as a makeshift fullback for way too long now, but I don’t have any animosity toward him whatsoever. He’s had a very decent career here, scored some crackers and always seemed to absolutely love it, as well as being a top lad.

Best of luck to him.

Also he apparently has a very respectable 7 England goals, and I don’t remember a single one of them, despite presumably being present for most of them?

Last edited:

Scholsey2004

Assuming he's on 125k a week and by selling him right now, won't we be saving almost 2 million in wages, in addition to the 1.5 million in fee.

Not to mention the potential for more money if inter won the league and more opportunities for dalot and laird.
Hopefully we're seeing a trend toward a more sensible wage structure. We've been paying well over the odds for a long time. Luke Shaw and Juan Mata £150k per week? Crazy.

Classical Mechanic

I’m glad he’s finally off, because he’s a 34 year old squad winger whose been squeezing out a starting career as a makeshift fullback for way too long now, but I don’t have any animosity toward him whatsoever. He’s had a very decent career here, scored some crackers and always seemed to absolutely love it, as well as being a top lad.

Best of luck to him.

Also he apparently has a very respectable 7 England goals, and I don’t remember single one of them, despite presumably being present for most of them?
Do you not remember when England were playing him as a 10? Think T Clevz was in the team then too. Not the best of times.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Glad for himbto get some playing time and another payoff at another club. Don't understand all the hate for him.

He's a backup who's forced to start because of injuries and the sheer incompetence of the higher ups to buy better players. Direct the hate at the proper people.

He did his best for the club, which is more than what you can say about most of our players.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It's not like getting genuinely good money for him was ever a possibility. He isn't worth much more than the reported fee based on his age and contract situation.

HarryRedCrumbs

I love Inter. They take all our trash.

...nice supporting there.

I wish him well. He's been a class player for us and I hope he does well at Inter. He's a mature experienced player so I'll be sad to see him go but our defence is shaping up with Brandon and AWB. Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So absolute bollocks then ?
The indications kind of backs them though. With the squad being so thin, I very much doubt that Ole would have allowed his captain and a versatile player like Young is to leave in January for what? 1.3M?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Marotta and Conte have been excellent in helping us get rid of 3 unwanted players. Hopefully they comeback for more in the summer. I hope they go on to win the title.
Lukaku is a goal machine. Sanchez will be returned to sender while Young will provide them with the bodies they need for the next year or so.

el3mel

His career here had been mostly decent I will say. He had few good seasons alongside some terrible ones. However he played far a lot more than what a squad player should be playing thanks to players ahead of him fecking up and tbf to him he at always delivered the minimum required from any position he played in.

Still think it would have been a good idea to let him leave in summer rather than now but anyway good luck to him. Once a player leaves I usually don't have any problems with him and always wish him well.

Last edited:

norm87cro

The amount of abuse he took in the CAF was oftenly over the top and unnecessary. Had a brilliant start for us with the two screamers against Arsenal in the 8 2 trashing. I can only imagine what the expectations from the CAF were back then. After that I would argue that he was a solid squad option. Started as a winger and due to the lack of options he was moved to be a back and it was something both LVG and Jose were ok with. His case is definetly more of a consequence rather than a cause of our current situation. And since he really was a model professional for us I sincerely wish him all the best at Inter.

manunited1919

We never used him in his best position. Our captain should have played at #10 all those games that were given to Lingard. Of course, he could have also played instead of DDG in the Everton match and would have kept a clean sheet.

Manny

Grammar Police
Some people just want to moan.

He had to go and we need to freshen up squad. He should have went when Jose came in. A handful of good games here and there doesn't change that.

Decent pro, always kept himself fit, but not much else.

Member 90887

I thought we did well to get anything for him.

He had 6 months left in his contract, he is 34 and is a squad player who does not get a lot of games lately. What did people expect ? If we paid anymore than that for a player in this conditions, most of the Caf would be moaning that we got mugged. i really don't understand the moaning of some in here.

People have been crying out for this kind of decisions in our transfer dealings. Enjoy them. For once, it looks like the club knows what it's doing.

Robertd0803

I find it amazing he's been here almost 9 years.

Then again, Jones is still at the club too.

Good luck to him. He was never good enough bar 1-2 months in 2011-2012, but he did work hard.
Weirdly I can only remember him playing really well until the home game vs City in 11/12 and then there was a few games during LVGs false dawn where every time he crossed it seemed Fellaini scored.

Nothing against him so best of luck to him, no doubt he will do great at Inter and we will be getting constant threads/tweets of "why did we sell Young" like Lukaku and Sanchez.

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

Fellaini, Darmian, Valencia, Smalling, Sanchez, Lukaku and Young gone in 12 months. That was the dream when Solskjær took over wasn’t it?

Red00012

I’ve named them as 4th and 5th in the list , we’ve used 2 right backs in the PL this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.