Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

stepic

I'm not complaining and I'd even be happy if me and elvis get locked down for a week but why can't I post in the constant shite on a 123 stick?

I'm still playing unless I got papped out. I just add up the numbers of the positions of letters in my words. Same game, different symbols.
you and me both. it is a great offence.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I am sure there was a thread that was closed reg Savic that I was posting in and it was closed down , it might have been the one about which striker we should sign but the status seems to have changed.
No worries,
I think it was mysteriously closed at one point and then shortly after re-opened. May have been closed in error and not noticed initially.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I usually upload to my Google drive or my One Drive. You can then generate a public link and share it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
@Invictus can the Solskjær discussion thread be moved back to the United forum? It was only moved to the player performance forum because people were bumping it during games.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
@Invictus can the Solskjær discussion thread be moved back to the United forum? It was only moved to the player performance forum because people were bumping it during games.

Dr. Dwayne

Is there any way to stop videos that are embedded in Reddit posts to not autoplay? It's kind of annoying.
@Niall
@Damien

It's truly horrendous. Once a couple of people quote one of these messages it becomes an all out assault on your ears. If we can't stop the clips from autoplaying is there at least a way to disable the embedding in quoted posts?

vangagal

How can i get my account back from temporarily locked due to failed login attempts?
I failed to login in my phone, silly me, but it worked just fine in laptop, so it confuse me.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Guys, are previous seasons post match threads listed like the previous matchday threads?
No they're not listed anywhere but if you go into a match you'll see a button linking to the "Post-Match Discussion" thread. I can potentially build you a list with a database query. Why do you ask?

RedTiger

Half mast
No they're not listed anywhere but if you go into a match you'll see a button linking to the "Post-Match Discussion" thread. I can potentially build you a list with a database query. Why do you ask?
It's nothing niall, I just wanted to read the posts from games we've won so I can be in the highest positive mood for the start of football.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Does the mobile version of the site not have a sign up option?
Edit : found it, but the sign up seems to be malfunctioning. My friend keeps getting an error message.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Does the mobile version of the site not have a sign up option?
Edit : found it, but the sign up seems to be malfunctioning. My friend keeps getting an error message.
Registration has been closed for a while due to a security issue that Niall is working on. In the meantime, admins can create accounts so you could always PM me their email and the username they would like and I'll email them the account information.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Hi there mods, I have a problem with signing in from my laptop. The email that was used was with a well known telecommunications company who have now (since April) started charging users for the service and deleting accounts that weren't regularly used. My email account with them was deleted and I only discovered this when I tried to login from my laptop, I can't reset this or the password because the password reset goes to this defunct email account. I am typing this from my phone which has the caf permanently logged in. Any chance one of you could send me a message on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Damien

Staff
Hi there mods, I have a problem with signing in from my laptop. The email that was used was with a well known telecommunications company who have now (since April) started charging users for the service and deleting accounts that weren't regularly used. My email account with them was deleted and I only discovered this when I tried to login from my laptop, I can't reset this or the password because the password reset goes to this defunct email account. I am typing this from my phone which has the caf permanently logged in. Any chance one of you could send me a message on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Send me a PM with your new email and I'll change the caf email to that as well as set a new password that I'll email you in case changing the password/email signs you out.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Send me a PM with your new email and I'll change the caf email to that as well as set a new password that I'll email you in case changing the password/email signs you out.
You're a gent, thanks very much mate :cool:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
In the twitter transfer thread, there is announcement
The rules are in the opening post, but don't under any circumstance post tweets from aggregator accounts who don't link to the original source. From this point onward, we will be deleting any posts that don't follow that rule.

Reminder: If posting a foreign language tweet, post the English translation underneath or it will also be deleted.
So if accounts like Utdreport posts the content and then put source as simple as [Times] is that fine or they have to link the actual article?

I think many don't have subscriptions for Athletic, Times, Telegraph so most of the content might be missed if we ignore tweets without actual link. Saying that, they also tweet few lines out of context too.

Damien

Staff
In the twitter transfer thread, there is announcement

So if accounts like Utdreport posts the content and then put source as simple as [Times] is that fine or they have to link the actual article?

I think many don't have subscriptions for Athletic, Times, Telegraph so most of the content might be missed if we ignore tweets without actual link. Saying that, they also tweet few lines out of context too.
Link to the article so people can read for themselves if needed. Unfortunately the subscription thing is a problem, but utdreport was specifically mentioned in the OP as an account that has exaggerated/not quoted verbatim in the past for retweets/likes/follows. They may have improved since but I've still seen them tweet stuff out of context like you mention.

Traub

I don’t think this issue warrants a new thread (and not sure if it’s been dealt with), but I often get a security certificate error for the site saying it’s unsafe to visit. It happens on certain computers. Has anyone else had this issue?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Hi, for the last few days I have been unable to quote any posts (leaving other posters thinking they have trumped me in various discussions because I can not answer properly!)

When I try to add quotes I get the "Oops we ran into some problems, please try again later. More error details maybe in the browser console" message.

Is there anything you can do to help please?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Hi, for the last few days I have been unable to quote any posts (leaving other posters thinking they have trumped me in various discussions because I can not answer properly!)

When I try to add quotes I get the "Oops we ran into some problems, please try again later. More error details maybe in the browser console" message.

It happens to me as well, at various times, particularly if I'm using multiquote or a reply quoting only part of a message. Usually the multiquote button sorts itself out later - but it can be a day or so later. I don't think there's any quick fix as sometimes it happens to the admins and I think even to @Niall :eek:

I will say that I've found that usually, I can hit reply to a (whole) message and that works. When that doesn't work, it usually seems that the system is rejecting a URL or a media link in there - or less commonly an abbreviation or piece of text speak (maybe something that the autocorrect system picks up).

So the reply to your, "Is there anything you can do to help please?" is errrr, well, not exactly, usually. But maybe one day it'll stop doing it :D

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
It happens to me as well, at various times, particularly if I'm using multiquote or a reply quoting only part of a message. Usually the multiquote button sorts itself out later - but it can be a day or so later. I don't think there's any quick fix as sometimes it happens to the admins and I think even to @Niall :eek:

I will say that I've found that usually, I can hit reply to a (whole) message and that works. When that doesn't work, it usually seems that the system is rejecting a URL or a media link in there - or less commonly an abbreviation or piece of text speak (maybe something that the autocorrect system picks up).

So the reply to your, "Is there anything you can do to help please?" is errrr, well, not exactly, usually. But maybe one day it'll stop doing it :D
Reply button works perfectly - thank you, for the rest I'll cross my fingers :)

Dr. Dwayne

Stop worrying about winning arguments on the internet?

Tony247

Not a question but a compliment. No ads (or least non intruding ad) ,no sponsor contents yet how you guys manage to maintain such a clean and nice website! Hats off to you.

pav1790

My reaction score is 11. But since my access to newbies forum is revoked, having been christened a new full member, i don’t know who else liked my post on newb forum Or which post it was that was liked. Seems like an obvious area of improvement. On that note, eight years of software engineering experience at your disposal should you ever require it. I’ve enjoyed nearly a decade on here lurking. About time I pay some of it back.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
My reaction score is 11. But since my access to newbies forum is revoked, having been christened a new full member, i don’t know who else liked my post on newb forum Or which post it was that was liked. Seems like an obvious area of improvement. On that note, eight years of software engineering experience at your disposal should you ever require it. I’ve enjoyed nearly a decade on here lurking. About time I pay some of it back.
If you go to your account details, there should be a "Reactions received" on the left side under "Your Account". Click on that.

pav1790

If you go to your account details, there should be a "Reactions received" on the left side under "Your Account". Click on that.
Under that I only see two reactions I’ve got that were for general forum participation. The score is the same but I only see two.