Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
My reaction score is 11. But since my access to newbies forum is revoked, having been christened a new full member, i don’t know who else liked my post on newb forum Or which post it was that was liked. Seems like an obvious area of improvement. On that note, eight years of software engineering experience at your disposal should you ever require it. I’ve enjoyed nearly a decade on here lurking. About time I pay some of it back.
VeevaVee gave you your last like for this

You really think greenwood at 18 years of age would leave his boyhood club if he’s only starting 25 games compared to 50 that would burn him out ten years down the line?

Manchester United has regularly kept four main strikers happy and motivated at the club even when there was just room for two. Our current manager knows a thing or two about that, I daresay.

Jadon Sancho is an absolute must for this team to take the next step. He’s English, he’s lived in Manchester and he can play on the right. Mason will get minutes across the front three when anyone needs a rest or is injured. If he progresses as he should, he will bench one of the three and that will be a good problem to have. But Sancho is a proven wide player that can play at number 10 as well, which Mason is not. Mason is a great goal scorer but he’s got a long way to go before he can be called anything more than that.

Our midfield depth can be sorted by coaching McT and Fred and Garner ( as some keep reminding me and I do agree reluctantly ) , Our defense, well I think we will try and get a fast centre back. I’d be very surprised if we get a Bruno backup if we do get Sancho.
Invictus gave you your 10th

It’s a bad time for a cricket fan. No competitive cricket being played around the world and it does look like it will be the case for a while.

First and foremost, I am a fan of Indian cricket team. And then a fan of cricket right after that. Then comes Manchester United neck and neck and football comes fourth.

But having played cricket more seriously than football - yours truly was a ( surprisingly ) fast left arm swing bowler and a handy left handed pinch hitter coming down the order in school and college cricket sides whereas in football I used to get picked purely because I was a left footed player and there are so few of those to go around - I find myself more inclined towards cricket. I can read the game more naturally in cricket. Whereas appreciating football has been a labour of love.

The human aspect of the sport is the same. But reading a football game is necessarily a more dynamic thing. I genuinely appreciate the tactical analysis from some YouTube channels and from the likes of thebusbybabes and zonalmarking ( though they have gone silent for a while ). They have helped me learn to read the game better over the years.

Do folks that grew up watching quality football and playing quality football find it easier to see these patterns? What about others? please feel free to share the stories.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Are you sure? I'm seeing new notifications.
No issues with notifications here either. Perhaps an issue with your browser? @roonster09
I'm using Chrome on both mobile and laptop, same issues. I cleared cookies and everything multiple times.

Its not a big deal btw if it's just happening for one user. I thought @Niall didn't activate the transfer tweets section.

pacifictheme

Alright mods. A while back I got a warning in a topic. Just noticed that next to my name I have "warnings 1/2". What happens if I get the other warning?

Damien

Staff
Alright mods. A while back I got a warning in a topic. Just noticed that next to my name I have "warnings 1/2". What happens if I get the other warning?
The first number refers to total number of active warning points you have (15 = permanent ban). Second number is the total number of warnings you have. One of the warnings was a 0 pointer, the other was 1 point.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I keep getting redirected to an adware page. only happening on red cafe. cleared history and cookies etc...

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I keep getting redirected to an adware page. only happening on red cafe. cleared history and cookies etc...
Can you PM me the URLs you’re sent to? Screenshots would be useful too to help track down the culprit.

Thanks.

b82REZ

I keep intermittently getting HTTP Error 400 when trying to access threads in the entertainment forum.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I keep intermittently getting HTTP Error 400 when trying to access threads in the entertainment forum.
Odd, try logging out, clearing cookies for the site and logging back in?

Pavl3n

Will you ever add a button "back to top" or do we have to scroll every time I want to use the toolbar?
Or may be have the toolbar pop down as you start scrolling up.

Will the football forum have quick links in the menu? Like "Transfer forum", "Football forum", etc.
I really don't use the "my threads", "watched threads" and the rest. Do most of the users find those useful? Or they do find them useless, like I do?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Does muting a user also stop their tweets showing in the transfer tweets timeline thingy?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
@Niall tweets aren’t loading for me on my phone. Haven’t checked on desktop yet but definitely on mobile.

Deery

Dreary
@Niall tweets aren’t loading for me on my phone. Haven’t checked on desktop yet but definitely on mobile.
You have to clear your history, mines weren’t working then I did that and it started working again..

Pavl3n

Does muting a user also stop their tweets showing in the transfer tweets timeline thingy?
Nope. We all learned that last time when fridge chuttney decided that the entire forum is dying to learn the transfer movements in Leagues 1, 2 and 3 (if there's such a League)

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Nope. We all learned that last time when fridge chuttney decided that the entire forum is dying to learn the transfer movements in Leagues 1, 2 and 3 (if there's such a League)
That's who I was trying to kill

Pavl3n

That's who I was trying to kill
I had my suspicions it was him. Unfortunately, his tweets will generate notifications regardless if you've blocked him or not.
On the bright side he hasn't been as active as he's been before. He might also be getting fed up of posting so many tweets and nobody caring about those. That was just a lucky guess, but I would be feeling quite low if nobody showed any interest in my work.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
...and if the topic of tweets from fridge starts the moaning in here too I will start dishing out instabans

Wilt

Can someone tell me what does the grey star denote below a members name tag?

Noticeable a lot of staff/mods have them.

Wilt

Caf awards. If you hover your mouse over it, it will tell you what they won.
Thanks Carolina for you’re very quick response, I’d never thought to actually click on it !

Guess I won’t be winning one of them anytime soon

Carolina Red

Staff
Do you not get them if you're also staff?
Pretty sure you'd have to unplug.. I mean kill.. Damien for that to happen.
Never mind, who wants a stupid star anyways ...it’s the person that counts
Nah, that star is lit :lol:

But really, I think they only stay up for a something like a year and then go away, unless you win an award again.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
The forum was already awesome 10 years ago. It is even better now.

Best place on the internet, well done admins.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Transfer tweets take an age to load, fair enough, but what annoys is then half of them are in Italian or German or whatever.

Shouldn't transfer tweets be 'in English only'?

Damien

Staff
Transfer tweets take an age to load, fair enough, but what annoys is then half of them are in Italian or German or whatever.

Shouldn't transfer tweets be 'in English only'?
It hugely limits what can be posted, which is why we have the stipulation that people must post English translation with it, which doesn't show in the TT section. Might be something that can be added at a later date - maybe a special BBCode like [translation]English text here[/translation] that shows up in there.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
It hugely limits what can be posted, which is why we have the stipulation that people must post English translation with it, which doesn't show in the TT section. Might be something that can be added at a later date - maybe a special BBCode like [translation]English text here[/translation] that shows up in there.
Ah thanks, I only read the tweest so I didn't realise there was a translation posted as well.

SATA

Admins/Mods, i can’t view the tweets on the Caf. It tells me loading but everything is a blank. Any idea why? Thanks

Anustart89

Embedded tweets not loading. Usually able to resolve it by reloading page but not now. Have clicked on the tweet, accepted terms and done captcha for twitter and cleared cookies.

Using Chrome for mac

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Chek your browser settings. Sometimes browser updates revert your settings to default and Tweets won't show up. I use Firefox and I believe I have to set the caf as an exception for social media trackers to be able to see embedded Tweets.