Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

owlo

Who do I bribe to get a 'kicked in the head by a horse' tagline?

0le

Not sure, I used to be able to use the function 2 weeks ago.
If you've installed any browser extension, such as uBlock Origin, NoScript or uMatrix, these all have some functionality which can disable the scripts which are required for the quote feature to work. Some browsers also give you a built in option to disable javascript too. What browser are you using and what device? If you've not done anything to your browser then try clearing your cookies/data and restarting your device. I can say that I've not had any issues in Windows 10 and Firefox 69.0.1. My cookies/data is set to be cleared if I close the browser, so I would have noticed a change pretty quickly.

SATA

Admin/moderators, why isn’t the matchday thread appearing on the home page anymore or is it just me? It used to appear on the home page before this season but now i have to click on forums then matchday then the thread to get to it. Have i missed something?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Admin/moderators, why isn’t the matchday thread appearing on the home page anymore or is it just me? It used to appear on the home page before this season but now i have to click on forums then matchday then the thread to get to it. Have i missed something?
Are you ignoring @Lucky McLuckerson my any chance?

SATA

If that was the case then the thread wouldn't show up in the Match Day forum, would it? Bit odd as it is definitely on the home page.
Are you ignoring @Lucky McLuckerson my any chance?
No lads, i am not. Any reason as to why it isn’t showing up? It isn’t much of a big problem for me though i’m quite curious this is happening and the navigating to get to it is a tad troublesome

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
No lads, i am not. Any reason as to why it isn’t showing up? It isn’t much of a big problem for me though i’m quite curious this is happening and the navigating to get to it is a tad troublesome
There's nothing that comes to mind. Did a permissions check but the thread is showing up for me.

Is it possible for you to show a screenshot of what the homepage looks like for you?

romufc

If you've installed any browser extension, such as uBlock Origin, NoScript or uMatrix, these all have some functionality which can disable the scripts which are required for the quote feature to work. Some browsers also give you a built in option to disable javascript too. What browser are you using and what device? If you've not done anything to your browser then try clearing your cookies/data and restarting your device. I can say that I've not had any issues in Windows 10 and Firefox 69.0.1. My cookies/data is set to be cleared if I close the browser, so I would have noticed a change pretty quickly.
I use chrome on windows, thanks I will try clearing cookies.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/an-...e-of-the-excessive-negativity-on-here.436910/

@Niall is this not a thing any longer? The United forum is quite frankly an embarrassment with all the "we will get relegated", "Newcastle have a better team than us" etc nonsense.
It still applies.

The fact is that we have to try and balance it against people's desire to let off steam. We don't want to kill discussion or criticism, we do try and keep the excesses under control.

I won't say we're getting the balance right and I certainly don't like the United forum at the moment. The sheer number of more or less identical threads that are being created (including many that get closed/deleted) is farcical in itself.

The volume of repetition, hysterics and obnoxious negativity directed at the players and staff (and at other posters) is not just ridiculous - it also makes it hard for the staff to see which posters in particular need warning/banning.

A bit more self-control and a lot fewer screaming hissy fits wouldn't go amiss - but appeals for more self-control and less pointless repetition isn't that exciting or novel. Poster bans are running high and so are QC warnings. Of course, we can clamp down harder, or give warnings for every "adds nothing" or repetitive and excessively negative post - and we may have to if people can't control themselves.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hey guys I'm struggling to update my personal details page, such as location and status message and so on. Every time I try to update it I am informed via an alert I am not allowed permission to do so?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Hey guys I'm struggling to update my personal details page, such as location and status message and so on. Every time I try to update it I am informed via an alert I am not allowed permission to do so?
Status message? This isn't facebook.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I wonder if there are any plans for a night mode on the forum at any point?

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Could someone possibly remove my tag please if it isn't too much trouble? Cheers.