Ask admin a technical question (For mod action/questions, please PM us)

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
What are your thoughts on implementing a tier system concerning posts in the transfer forum? Apologies if it already exists

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What are your thoughts on implementing a tier system concerning posts in the transfer forum? Apologies if it already exists
How do you mean? We do have the Reddit tier list in the OP of the transfer tweets thread, but personally I take the tier stuff with a pinch of salt as a few times I've seen a few supposedly tier 1-2 people say a bunch of rubbish in the past.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
How do you mean? We do have the Reddit tier list in the OP of the transfer tweets thread, but personally I take the tier stuff with a pinch of salt as a few times I've seen a few supposedly tier 1-2 people say a bunch of rubbish in the past.
Right, so the threads under 'normal threads', I wanted to know your stance on making the tier visible in the title. So before you even click on the thread, you know the tier.
So let's say I made a transfer thread about Youcef Atal, with a tweet from Steven Howson as my source. Instead of the title being, "Youcef Atal" I'm suggesting "Youcef Atal - Tier 4!" Rightly so, to take it with a pinch of salt. Even so, I believe it makes for a better forum. Admittedly, I don't use the subreddits relating to football, but as someone who was part of the Official Man Utd forum aka "Talking Reds" I think it would be beneficial.

Damien

Staff
Right, so the threads under 'normal threads', I wanted to know your stance on making the tier visible in the title. So before you even click on the thread, you know the tier.
So let's say I made a transfer thread about Youcef Atal, with a tweet from Steven Howson as my source. Instead of the title being, "Youcef Atal" I'm suggesting "Youcef Atal - Tier 4!" Rightly so, to take it with a pinch of salt. Even so, I believe it makes for a better forum. Admittedly, I don't use the subreddits relating to football, but as someone who was part of the Official Man Utd forum aka "Talking Reds" I think it would be beneficial.
Ah, I get you now. We'll discuss it but if any changes do happen it won't be for a few months. A problem is, if the OP does have a tweet from a Tier 4 source, then later down the line someone posts a Tier 2 tweet in it what happens to the title? Tier things are easier on Reddit as they do a new thread for everything whereas we like to keep transfer threads player specific rather than a new one for each source.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Ah, I get you now. We'll discuss it but if any changes do happen it won't be for a few months. A problem is, if the OP does have a tweet from a Tier 4 source, then later down the line someone posts a Tier 2 tweet in it what happens to the title? Tier things are easier on Reddit as they do a new thread for everything whereas we like to keep transfer threads player specific rather than a new one for each source.
Then the title gets edited to Youcef Atal - Tier 2. Appreciate the response. No worries, if it isn't possible. I see.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So what will you do about a moderator using his powers to spam Covid thread (pretty serious thread, many people spent hours there writing helpful things), only to make a new thread about the same thing where he forbids people to spam?

He is also using his mod powers to edit my posts, and gave me 3 points the other day because I said his questions are stupid with note "remember to insult the post, not the poster"?

He is trolling there for days, asking stupid questions, and now he's started pasta discussion that's over 2 pages long.

That thread is my(and pretty sure many others) main source of information for the worst thing happening in the world at the moment, and one of your moderators is ruining it.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So what will you do about a moderator using his powers to spam Covid thread (pretty serious thread, many people spent hours there writing helpful things), only to make a new thread about the same thing where he forbids people to spam?

He is also using his mod powers to edit my posts, and gave me 3 points the other day because I said his questions are stupid with note "remember to insult the post, not the poster"?

He is trolling there for days, asking stupid questions, and now he's started pasta discussion that's over 2 pages long.

That thread is my(and pretty sure many others) main source of information for the worst thing happening in the world at the moment, and one of your moderators is ruining it.
Haven't really noticed since the thread moves so fast that a two page sidebar discussion would be quickly forgotten 30-60 minutes after it happens. We'll keep a closer eye on things to make sure it stays on topic.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Haven't really noticed since the thread moves so fast that a two page sidebar discussion would be quickly forgotten 30-60 minutes after it happens. We'll keep a closer eye on things to make sure it stays on topic.
Thank you for the quick reply!

Deery

Dreary
Why does sometimes when I go to paste a link it just gives a red text hyperlink and other times it will give a proper link with text and a picture?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The one in Wuhan/Covid 19 thread about first death in Northern Ireland

This one:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-51958241
Looking at the actual BBC link https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51958241

Some websites include extra information like the page title when you ask them for a link to share, I don't think that's a forum thing. The links including the google search version that redirects seem to work ok, are you having a problem with them yourself?

Deery

Dreary
Looking at the actual BBC link https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51958241

Some websites include extra information like the page title when you ask them for a link to share, I don't think that's a forum thing. The links including the google search version that redirects seem to work ok, are you having a problem with them yourself?
No real problem with it was just wondering why it’s just a hyperlink instead off a picture like the tweet posts?

Damien

Staff
A number of posters have messaged me saying that they were fed up of opening the Covid thread only to find misinformation and discussion and that they would prefer two threads - one for discussion and one just for information. What Grinner has done fulfills this and if you did a survey, you'd find more are happy with the current arrangement than old.

I told you the warning was removed and that he acknowledged he was wrong to respond emotively. Staff are human.

As far as I know, he hasn't used his mod powers to edit your posts, just quote them and changed the wording. If you can link to an incidence of him doing the former, let us know as it is a misuse of power.

Like I said in response to your first point, a number of people were complaining that the original thread was just full of people shouting at each other and it was hard to disseminate the information. The new thread is an additional source, so people can still chit chat in the original thread but if they want pure information they can look at the information thread.

Here's an example of one message I received.

A member said:
btw Damo, didn't want to make a post on the Caf. But given how serious Covid is, it might be a decent idea for the mods to make a new thread for discussion/debate/finger pointing on how well the Government are dealing with Covid and having the main thread as a pure information thread? Might be hard to police but I don't think it will help matters having to wade through pages of people shouting at each other. I've already put someone on ignore because of that. Just seems like the wrong place right? *shrugs*

Deery

Dreary
There's an option to have URL unfurling since XF 2.1, which is what I'm assuming you're referring to when you're on about the text and preview image. Niall just prefers hyperlink/text only.
Okay, thanks I’ll just use hyperlink if that’s the norm..

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
A number of posters have messaged me saying that they were fed up of opening the Covid thread only to find misinformation and discussion and that they would prefer two threads - one for discussion and one just for information. What Grinner has done fulfills this and if you did a survey, you'd find more are happy with the current arrangement than old.

I told you the warning was removed and that he acknowledged he was wrong to respond emotively. Staff are human.

As far as I know, he hasn't used his mod powers to edit your posts, just quote them and changed the wording. If you can link to an incidence of him doing the former, let us know as it is a misuse of power.

Like I said in response to your first point, a number of people were complaining that the original thread was just full of people shouting at each other and it was hard to disseminate the information. The new thread is an additional source, so people can still chit chat in the original thread but if they want pure information they can look at the information thread.

Here's an example of one message I received.
Yeah, thank you for that, just didn't want to sound like an idiot before explaining it here, not everyone was aware of it, so I included the entire situation, including 3 points I initially received.

He did edit my post, but I edited it later to initial post, it was not just the quote, you can see that post history probably. And here is DOTA quoting my edited post by Grinner:

Brighton.

Not an offer, like. Wouldn't go as far as to say I meet the qualifications.

Also, it's a good idea to make separate thread, I agree, but as a mod he should know better before ruining the original thread. And original thread is big, but people were mostly discussing virus and the situation around them, before he came with the Pasta discussion.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He did edit my post, but I edited it later to initial post, it was not just the quote, you can see that post history probably. And here is DOTA quoting my edited post by Grinner:
I was a bit confused but we're all responding to the crisis differently, so I went with it.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Is @LazyRed-Ninja conspiracy spamming anyone else, or just me?

I was even one of the people in the covid thread who replied to him to say to feck off with that shite!
Actually, i replied to you, because i saw that you responded to my reaction in the exsisting thread. I got threadbanned and was therefore not able to reply back hence the private message. The fact that you decided to react emotionally is your own reflection of what you feel inside yourself. I clearly said in the private message that you could have said that you were not interested to continue (as a grown adult) and it would have ended right there.

So no, there is no spamming, and if you didnt react as child running towards a moderator, you would have realized that :lol:

LazyRed-Ninja

How did you make your profile inaccessible? I tried to see the conspiracy spams (unless he's private messaging you). :D
I responded to his comment, when he quoted a comment of mine, but i was threadbanned, hence a private message on order to reply back. He decided to do the opposite of what an adult does, by reaching emotionally and run towards a moderator. Its fine, he just decided to throw a tantrum for something very insignificant.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Actually, i replied to you, because i saw that you responded to my reaction in the exsisting thread. I got threadbanned and was therefore not able to reply back hence the private message. The fact that you decided to react emotionally is your own reflection of what you feel inside yourself. I clearly said in the private message that you could have said that you were not interested to continue (as a grown adult) and it would have ended right there.

So no, there is no spamming, and if you didnt react as child running towards a moderator, you would have realized that :lol:
Or, you know, you could just not have private messaged me days after that interaction when I was clearly, in print, not interested in what you have to say, like some kind of weird stalker.

LazyRed-Ninja

Arguing with another member
If you were not interested you shouldnt have replied. You decided to quote my post and then take time out your life to respond. That is your right, but that goes both ways. Throwing a tantrum about it is very childish, but its fine, we all have our positive and negative habits :)

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
If you were not interested you shouldnt have replied. You decided to quote my post and then take time out your life to respond. That is your right, but that goes both ways. Throwing a tantrum about it is very childish, but its fine, we all have our positive and negative habits :)
Sorry to hear you have problems taking no for an answer.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I'm having this problem when login in using firefox, the browser I normally use:

I'm using chrome now with no problems and in firefox I can login to all other sites I normally use, the problem is only with redcafe.

Any ideas?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I'm having this problem when login in using firefox, the browser I normally use:

I'm using chrome now with no problems and in firefox I can login to all other sites I normally use, the problem is only with redcafe.

Any ideas?
Does it work if you go into private/incognito mode?

If so, then it's probably a cookie issue, so try clearing all cookies for this site and trying again.

Let me know if that works.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Does it work if you go into private/incognito mode?

If so, then it's probably a cookie issue, so try clearing all cookies for this site and trying again.

Let me know if that works.
It worked, thank you.